• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you play a musical instument?

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would love to be able to play an instrument, I just haven't tried yet. Likely out of fear of failure. That and I'd like a quality instrument, which costs money.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I play the guitar. I'm not great in any sense, but I'm decent and really enjoy playing it.

I always wanted to learn the sax and the violin.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm at the Music School of Douglas Academy and I play cello and piano. ABRSM Grade 8 Cello and ABRSM Grade 7-8 Piano.
Rock on!

Cello's are awesome. I attempted to play one for a few minutes... We'll just leave that in the past. XD

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I play video game music on the piano, used to play the clarinet in high school.

I also played the accordion when I was 6. It would have been cool if I still did.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
I've taken piano since i was 4.

I stopped taking lessons

But i can still play the SSBB theme by heart :)

.:PacMan:.

Smash Rookie
Well Im starting to learn how to play the bass guitar. Im having problems with moving from fret to fret but im getting better

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
I've been interested in playing drums for years, and I just started with my own set about 6 months ago. My friends think I'm amazing, just because I beat my one friend who's been playin drums for 3 years now, and all I did was play "Mordecai" by Between The Buried And Me. I felt terrible, cause I had just started and he'd been playing for a while, and I don't even have a teacher.

JrdnS

Smash Ace
guitar(in a band). trombone, bass, euphonium, and like 3 others. even though im in band i think its gay.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
I'm learning to play the organ. It's my favorite sounding instrument.

Other than that, I used to play synth/keyboard, and I was a vocalist for a metalcore band - lol.

stratele

Smash Apprentice
I play guitar to death. Seriously, its my life.

Also.... Any UG'ers here? lulz

oh yeh and a bit of keyboard and drums. Bass one day. I also play recorder. Not much, but its there so why not. Don't diss =D

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Main: Sax
Secondary: Guitar
tertiary: keyboard

Brawl references aside I would actually like to learn the viola.
Oh... I can do it like that!

Main: Bassoon
Secondary: Keyboard
Tertiary: Alto Saxophone

Saxophone would almost definitely be secondary if I had one that worked. :(

DeadlyTurnip

Smash Journeyman
I used to play the organ, but I stopped because my teacher was a bioch.

I know bad excuse but I wasn't that old to realize how much I would crave the ability to play an instrument wen I grew older. I so want to learn the violin.

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
I picked up guitar 3 years ago with the hope of getting girls because of it....turns out you need talent too....so I got some of that...hahaha. But yah I play guitar mainly, but I focus on writing songs acoustically more than shredding it up on an electric like most do. Lead bores the hell out of me. I love love loveee piano. I've only been playing it for about a year, but its very versatile compared to most instruments. I can play a little drums, and to me while they suck for songwriting(you can't really write a song with just drums obviously) but they are easily the highest energy and most fun to just sit down and play.

I think this is the thread the moderators wanted us to find.

But yea, we are also influenced mainly by post rock bands explosions, mogwai, godspeed, I Love those bands to death. My bassist listens to both dance gavin dance and emerosa all the time.

My band is going to make a myspace once we have songs to put up.

Johnny_C

Smash Cadet
I used to play marimba (Beat THAT) when I was like 6-8, wich led me to the Xilophone and piano.

Top Bottom