• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you play a musical instument?

Dritz

Smash Rookie
http://www.puretonemusic.co.uk/clarinets page.htm
I play the one on the very bottom except it was full nickel/silver. For reference it's about 5 foot 6 inches tall.
I played in a band that did performances and marching and even though I'm 6 foot 4 inches, carrying that thing while marching and playing is borderline impossible. Mine was slightly lower key and a tad bulkier. Also that bend in the neck will fill with spit if you don't empty it after almost every song.

DeathTheKid

Smash Rookie
Violin since I was 6 piano since I was 7. My parents sort of forced me at first but then I grew to love it =)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well... I used back in Junior High, I used to know how to play the flute as well as the trumpet, but as time went by I forgot those skills, so unfortunetly I don't know how to play them anymore.

an instrument that I do find interesting is an electric guitar, i've always loved those sounds, which sounds CRAZY.

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
I played bass during the end of junior and I think the beginning of senior years in HS, and was pretty **** good. I lost whatever skill I had after about 5 months of inactivity.

*sigh* Sexy times.

OmegaXXII

^^ hmm.. is that some kind of studio? well I can see why you would prefer it over a regular instrument but still, I think Electric Guitars are worth trying.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
With a DAW you can synthesize or load samples of nearly any sound, with varying degess of realism. Things like strings can be synthesized and/or sampled well, but guitars are a ***** to synthesize and you would need a MASSIVE sample program and associated plugins to work them. I can get a decent sounding one with RealStrat and GuitarRig2 but Vista doesn't recognize/won't install/has huge issues with most audio plugins so I have to do anything with guitars on my inferior XP desktop. Sucks, because my laptop has 2GB ram and a dual-core processor but the OS gimps it all and rolling back is a pain.

Wow, my first post with more than two sentences in hours. Getting tired; I think I'll quit soon.

OmegaXXII

With a DAW you can synthesize or load samples of nearly any sound, with varying degess of realism. Things like strings can be synthesized and/or sampled well, but guitars are a ***** to synthesize and you would need a MASSIVE sample program and associated plugins to work them. I can get a decent sounding one with RealStrat and GuitarRig2 but Vista doesn't recognize/won't install/has huge issues with most audio plugins so I have to do anything with guitars on my inferior XP desktop. Sucks, because my laptop has 2GB ram and a dual-core processor but the OS gimps it all and rolling back is a pain.

just record it's sounds externally if you can.

hmm... I didn't quite catch what you said, is Vista not able to handle such programs? or is it because of your laptop storage?

I ask due to the fact of me planning to add various pluggins once I get Vista

Nintendood

Smash Cadet
I play play pretty much any percussion instrument you can think of. And on piano i can play a variety of video game themes.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I play any stringed instrument including guitar, violin, bass, sitar, and ukulele. Also Piano, lots of piano. and drums... not too good at drums yet

Karptroopa

Smash Apprentice
I play the acoustic guitar and a piano.
The guitar is for jazz, the piano is for the soul.

And for the money I hope to be making when I really do turn 18. ^__^

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Please tell me your kidding. Bassoon is tolerable, but the sound of an oboe is a mix between a cat dying and a baby crying.
Oboes are awesome.

I don't have any clue what you're talking about. I prefer the English horn to the oboe though. It's lower and more beautiful.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I play the.....

Wait I don't play anything why am I posting here? I can't even play music based GAMES.

I fail at anything related to music. Except listening.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Please tell me your kidding. Bassoon is tolerable, but the sound of an oboe is a mix between a cat dying and a baby crying.
Only beginner oboist sound that bad. Oboe is probaly the hardest instrument to pick. Listen to someone who has played for ten years, and then tell me it isnt beautiful.

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
I play the piano.
My dad play's any instrument he can get his hands on, mainly the guitar (He's been playing it in New Orleans for 12 years now)

I would pic up guitar, but It seems like everyone wants to play that. I'm keeping piano alive in my community =]

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
The Piano! Whoooo! I love it. It's great to be able to do someone like that spontaneously and awe people with yor skillz.

For some reason. Girls seem to LOVE guys who can play the piano really well. Seriously I had a theatre class this one time. I asked the teacher if I could play the piano sitting around one day during a period where we weren't doing anything. All of the sudden like 5 girls who hadn't shown any serious interest in me before were "ZOMG that's so sexy!", etc.

I can play Song of Storms from Ocarina of Time. Nyeheheh.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
A lot of my favorite pieces of music are piano solos. I <3 Moonlight Sonata.
I really want to buy a compact, electric piano and learn to play.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I used to play sax in 4th grade. Then I played piano for a while, except I wasn't really good at reading notes. Instead I played by muscle memory. I could play Beethoven, Mozart, etc just by memorizing which keys to press.

OmegaXXII

Metal Guitar FTW!

today I started playing my friends electric guitar which he just bought, and I must say, "it rocks!" seriously, soon, we are going to record some demo solo's with it.

Top Bottom