• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you like Yugi'oh?

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Oh I see, I shall reply to it. :)

But as for the GX, I think the guy above me seems to agree with me.
Dude.. I really HATE GX. No offense to yu-gi-oh or anything but that was the stupidest thing they could have ever done with the franchise. Its soo stupid. Its like someone thought of an idea .. Hey Lets go in the complete opposite direction that we have been going with the whole time! And somehow the producers agreed. I basically quit yugi'oh because of it, and Im sure many others did too.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I see what you mean, GX killed the legacy of what was Yu-Gi-Oh, as much as I like the cards, I probably won't ever go back to watching it like I did once before.

BTW.. you reside in H-Town? Hmm..

M@v

Subarashii!
The Card game is amazing. The show follows the same format:

Bad guy: HAHAHA YUGI IM GOING TO BEAT YOU, NOW DIE!
Yugi: Sorry, I just drew the ONE card in my deck for this EXACT situation thats makes me win! Suck it!

rinse, repeat.

GX was terrible.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
GX was alright, but not like the orignal, but 5D's made the series epic again, well to me. I'm just now starting to really watch it, and it's great.

I use to collect the cards, the I just stop because I need to save money.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
Do it, it's really fun.

Most people that go to tourneys are pretty old.
I've done it before and I enjoyed it
I just don't know where to start since it's been like 3 years and 69000 cards have come out since. (I like how I combine 69 and 9000 in that one number lol)..
It's not like anyone I know is gonna notice other than my family XP

^
I liked YGOTAS but I stopped because LittleKuriboh barely makes episodes anymore

Narukari

Smash Journeyman
I<3 the card games, and the original tv series.

I'm playing Tag Force 3 right now for the psp. It's pretty good if you can get around the whole GX storyline. Tons of NPCs to fight with lots of varying decks. The whole tag team system is pretty fun too. They just need to improve the AI a lot in the game. Chazz on my team once used magical hats on a different monster than what was getting attacked, rendering it completely useless.

GX doesn't impress me, and I've never seen anything about 5D yet.

The Boss of God

Smash Apprentice
I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh, but never competitively. I was not a very good player at all. I think I filled my deck with all the highest level monster cards that I could get. No magic cards or trap cards.

CCPLZ

Smash Rookie
Yu-gi-oh was such a great thing as a Kid, but when you look back at it....
pieces of card putting lives in jeopardy? Making a schizophrenic the main character(s)?

Don't even let me start on GX...FAIL.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
Wow, old topic is old.

I used to be really good at yugioh, but the game is awful now, and I won't play it until it gets better.

MTG will always be the best card game in the history of ever.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
awesome card game, only one I liked to play. Im still good at it, but the new cards SUCK!!! compared to the old ones.
To bad I have no body to play against where I live:(

DRD

Smash Lord
I used to play, yeah. I still have my aqua deck featuring Gravity Bind, A Legenday Ocean and all that jazz. Works pretty nice, but I've been out of the loop for a long time.

I used to play a OTK Last Turn deck as well, using Jowgen the Spiritualist, Wall of Revealing Light and Last Turn.

I loved the tv series, but GX is terrible

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
right now im ashamed to play Yu-gi-oh, yeah yeah, its cause im old and y' know. the older card were WAAAAY better in 2003, there were magic cards than spell. and magic card were more powerful. i still remeber the day i lost my skull knight and blue eyes. i was so whiny over a card, LOL

Nintendood

Smash Cadet
I play the card game still, but i am in no way a collector, and the original show was good until Battle City was over. In the end, it's better than Magic, and that's all that matters.

cutter

Smash Champion
I play the card game still, but i am in no way a collector, and the original show was good until Battle City was over. In the end, it's better than Magic, and that's all that matters.
I am going to disagree here. MTG has more players and has consisently been one of the most popular CCGs in the world. MTG is much more competitve than Yugioh at the highest level with multiple Pro Tours, Grand Prixs, and Worlds. It is also better designed than Yugioh due to the fact that mana is required to play cards compared to the very lax restrictions of playing cards in Yugioh (the only true restriction is tributing a monster(s) which isn't that hard at all).

JCav

Smash Lord
this game is all about wealth, i could easily drop a few hundred if i had the money...

cutter

Smash Champion
Blame Yugioh's absolutely ****ty rarity system for the inflated prices. There are at least like 4 different rarities.

Another reason why MTG is the superior card game.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Pokeymanz FTW! lololol

I hate all of them trading card games and all that shiz, pokeymanz is the only decent one

Mith_

Smash Champion
Blame Yugioh's absolutely ****ty rarity system for the inflated prices. There are at least like 4 different rarities.

Another reason why MTG is the superior card game.
yea dude seriously.
i just got into magic the other day and im actually considering buy cards off the net lol.
ygo cards cost WAYYY too much.
i did have a deck full of shineys though lol just so you don't think i sucked at the game.
double dude is <3

.Marik

is a social misfit
Lol. There are four different rarity types...

Common, Rare, Super Rare, Ultra Rare, I believe they were called.

Anyways, I miss Yu-Gi-Oh! as hell.

That was a good game, if you ask me.

But it died out... and society moved on.

JCav

Smash Lord
Common - Normal Rare - Short Print - Super Short Print - Holofoil Rare

Rare - Super Rare - Ultra Rare - Ultimate Rare - Ghost Rare - Holographic Rare

Secret Rare - Prismatic Secret Rare - Ultra Secret Rare - Secret Ultra Rare

Parallel Rare - Rare Parallel Rare - Normal Parallel Rare
Super Parallel Rare - Ultra Parallel Rare
Gold Ultra Rare

Duel Terminal Parallel Rares

Explanation on Differences in Parallel Rares

Normal - Rare - Super Rare - Ultra Rare - Secret Rare

.................... yeah

Grunt

Smash Master
he had it in one of those heavy duty card cases you need a screw driver to open, and had it sitting in his shelf.

Dark Mew

Smash Cadet
I played both Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh when I was younger. But, eventually, Yu-Gi-Oh died out and everyone played Pokemon instead. Not the card game, but the actual game. Nobody played the card game at my school.

There are a select few that still play Yu-Gi-Oh, though. And I don't think abyone watches the show anymore, seeing how it turned out to be.

Dark Mew

Smash Cadet
I'm 15, too, and I still play Pokemon. I used to watch the EARLY years of Pokemon before Hoenn, when it was actually good. lol

As for Yu-Gi-Oh, not so much. It never sparked my interest.

Dark Mew

Smash Cadet
Yeah... I miss the good ol' days. But, sadly, those days have passed.

And of course I'm buying Platinum. ^^ I've been waiting for Platinum since I've first heard of it. I'm gonna reserve a copy as soon as I have enough money for it. ^^'' Are you buying it?

rockcrab100

Smash Cadet
Yeah! I'm excited about it. Interested in the new forms. They said their improving wifi on it.
I made a thread in the poke center board. We can chat there. I can post links on my iPod, should be first on list though.

cutter

Smash Champion
I will have to say though, the TV show for Yugioh was great watching it when I was a kid.

Duelist Kingdom was just frickin' amazing even if the rules were super primitive. Battle City I thought was great. The next season with the Seal of Orikokos (sp?) wasn't as great as the first 2, but still pretty decent.

...and then came GX -_-

Top Bottom