• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you like Yugi'oh?

flaco

The Terminator
Yugioh is a terrible card game, but I did play it for a long time online... I realized all the issues the game mechanics had after starting to play some other card games.

The best element of the game IMO was the fact that you could put cards face-down... it adds a Yomi aspect to it.

The perfect TCG would be some kind of cross between YGO and Duel Masters.
Amen to that I so hate it :mad:

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Explain how its bad.

Bolded made me lol.
I'll just say that the lack of mana (or any other specific ressource) requirement for playing cards breaks the game right from the start.

Yes you need to sacrifice monsters for level 5* and up creatures... Yes many cards have all these weird requirements (LP cost, discard from hand, sing a song) but at the end it will never be as balanced as a straight up ressource system. Raigeki lol

And I really think that YGO's strongest aspect IMO was the face-down cards. Adding a guessing game on top of pure strategy was something that plenty of TCGs lacked... personally I liked it.

DuelMasters is Magic for Kids...

and Magic is a retardly broken game w/ autowins... and type 1.5 is stupid...

Force of Will.. WTF is that sh*t
Yes DM is Magic for kids but the real strenght is that it is Magic made simple. The game was good but was badly implemented.

The Shield system is also a very good idea.

Also I never mentionned that MtG was good, but its better than YGO at least.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
I used to play yugioh cards but then I just stopped for some reason

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
Why are people saying it is kiddie just because it was on Cartoon network? It is an ANIME and you should be thankful 4kids didn't get it.

but i love yugioh, I just wish the cards didn't cost so much.

Shök

Smash Champion
Yeah, some cards can be expensive, but there are other ways of obtaining them.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yeah, some cards can be expensive, but there are other ways of obtaining them.

True That, I've gotten a bunch of rare cards such as The Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon in a Shonen Jump magazine, heck I even own two of them that are in new condition, I guessing they must be worth something.

As for the series well not really, I used to like back when it first aired in 2002, mainly the fight against Pegusus, afterwards, the series wasn't as good as it originally was.

Shök

Smash Champion
Omegakoopa, why don't you reply to my messages?

But yeah, your right.

There are many ways of obtaining cards.

One example would be playing for them.

But there are just some cards that are actually worth a lot of money.

Those cards being the ones that are in the Yu-Gi-Oh metagame at the moment.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Kinda amazed that people still play Yugioh. But then again thats like asking why Pokemon is too. Yea i never really was into the craze back then.

OmegaXXII

Kinda amazed that people still play Yugioh. But then again thats like asking why Pokemon is too. Yea i never really was into the craze back then.

Lol.. to be honest, I've never been into the card game at all, heck I've never even played it before, I am only into it solely to collect the cards.

Irow

Smash Ace
Really?

I love playing competively. If you have a bunch of good cards, it shouldn't be too hard to find a top level deck and build it.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Heyyy, I remember when I used to play this.

I remember my class collecting high ATK level 8s and forcing me to play with NO TRIBUTES...

Those were terrible times...

Shök

Smash Champion
Heyyy, I remember when I used to play this.

I remember my class collecting high ATK level 8s and forcing me to play with NO TRIBUTES...

Those were terrible times...
Yeah, those were the times.

"I summon three Blue Eyes White Dragons in one turn"

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Just to counter them, I pretended to shuffle my deck, but in reality, just put a bunch of different trap holes on the top of my hand.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Yea, its called YVD. I forget what it stands for tho.
ygo virtual duel i think.
anyways, i officially quit my junior year.
i had a good time playing but it was time for me to move on.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
After seeing my little cousin get back into it, I kinda feel like goin back into it.
I'm a little reluctant because I believed in the "stereotype" that it's for little kids and nerds.

Mith_

Smash Champion
After seeing my little cousin get back into it, I kinda feel like goin back into it.
I'm a little reluctant because I believed in the "stereotype" that it's for little kids and nerds.
don't be one of those people then.
go win a tourney then go get some afterwards.
people actually respect you more if you play "nerd" games and still can be cool.

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
i used to play competitively until i found melee i used to run random/soldier deck back in the day which i top 4 at every local

X Shinigami X

Smash Cadet
I use to play the game and didn't like the anime I have every card there is 2006- Including tourney pack cards =3 well almost....

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'm a huge fan, or rather, was.

I had about 3000 cards, and had a very powerful deck. I made Marik/Yami Marik's deck from the show and games, with real cards.

That may tell you why I am called "Marik"Yoshi. =P

But sadly, all my cards were stolen, and I stopped playing. I still do know how, and I'm very experienced, if I do say so myself.

And the show is good, very good indeed. Much better than Pokemon, if you ask me. Way better.

Torture Deck ftw! =D

And GX just killed the series. =(

Smash Master
I remember my first local with my 60 card fire princess deck. So many Yata locks...

Shök

Smash Champion
Get a Gladiator Beast Deck.

It's like Metaknight.

Cheap (to build) and Broken.
True.

Hit and run for the win.

But TeleDAD is better, in terms of power and metagame.

OmegaXXII

And GX just killed the series. =(

True That. at first it looked like it was going to be interesting, but later it seemed to be going downhill after the first 2 episodes, I was really dissapointed with the turnout of this Yu-Gi-Oh sequel.

BTW.. Blue Font FTW!

Shök

Smash Champion
It wasn't that bad, Omegakoopa.

By the way, I replied to your message.

Yes, blue font for the win.

Top Bottom