• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Not like they're gonna reveal the final character in the direct anyways lmao
Time to wait another week (and suffer through the Sony takeover thursday onwards)

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
10 minutes...
If nothing happens, oh well
If we get something...
HOLD ON FOLKS CUZ THIS IS GONNA BE AN INTERESTING RIDE
Ah! A riddle to solve!

This is expedition Everest from disney world right? Disney world has Thunder Mountain! Yesterday I posted a video about some guys playing Smash Bros in a thunder storm.

Guys playing Smash Bros in a thunderstorm!

Our next character has to be a character that uses Lightning!
And they made a KO when lightning struck! This must mean that Challenger Pack 11 will reveal themselves when someone plays Smash Bros on thunder mountain during a thunder storm! It all makes sense now!

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
The Direct (or Smash presentation) must come out within about 3 and half months from now so there's not many "next week"s left, luckily.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Now I think there's a higher chance that what happened was that (ofc besides the possibility that next week is Nintendo's original plan anyhow), Nintendo wanted to do a direct this week, but after seeing the upcoming PS Showcase get announced, they could've said "Darn, they claimed this week for them WAY before we could, guess we'll have to push back our direct by a week, especially since we definitely have fans who'd want to watch both events and we don't want to cause overlap issues despite us and Sony having mainly different audience demographics"

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm adamant they're waiting til Warioware drops.

Looking at some of the prior non-e3 directs, they drop almost immediately after a notable release of theirs. The direct mini last year happened the week after New Horizons dropped, and the February direct earlier this year happened the week after 3D World+Bowser's Fury.

It seems they wanna have their big game of the month release first before bringing people's attention to a direct.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

Looking at some of the prior non-e3 directs, they drop almost immediately after a notable release of theirs. The direct mini last year happened the week after New Horizons dropped, and the February direct earlier this year happened the week after 3D world+Bowser's Fury
I'm not sure if Wario Ware is considered a notable release enough... if that's true they're likely waiting for Metroid Dread instead, which means second/third week of october most likely. I can't imagine people waiting for another full month and keep their sanity intact though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They might also want to keep the marketing/promotional push on Warioware for another week as well.

Looking at some of the prior non-e3 directs, they drop almost immediately after a notable release of theirs. The direct mini last year happened the week after New Horizons dropped, and the February direct earlier this year happened the week after 3D World+Bowser's Fury.

It seems they wanna have their big game of the month release first before bringing people's attention to a direct.
That's fair but I'd expect a Direct on the launch week as a last minute reminder, they did the same with Sanus Returns and hyped it up by saying Smash fans should check it out, with it being a literal day before release iirc

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, my question was never answered, and I asked it twice: When was a Nintendo Direct announced on a Wednesday? I would really like to know.

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
What if there is no smash reveal in the september direct
Sakurai did tell us that it will be a while before the next fighter is revealed
There's plenty of debate about what will happen. No one knows for sure and we're all impatient.

I'm expecting the reveal in its own presentation like Byleth though.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Off-topic but does anyone know when Altus is going to announce the first Persona 25th anniversary announcement this month?
No one knows. Some people suggested it might be announced at the PS Showcase, which I doubt unless the very first Persona announcement is Persona 6, which I also doubt it's going to be the first one.
Another possibility would be during the Tokyo Game Show. But I feel like they're going to drop the announcement anytime unless it's something like P6 or a remake of P1/P2/P3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom