• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
For me:
  1. Sora, Crash, BWD, Eggman or Phoenix Wright
  2. No idea
  3. :ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultminmin:ultsephiroth::ultkazuya:
  1. Decidueye, Phoenix Wright, Rayman, Isaac, Geno
  2. CInderace or another Pokémon
  3. Joker. I like all of the DLC characters even if none of them were on my most wanted list and I'm likely to try all of their games eventually (already played Minecraft and Three Houses, the former is really fun in multiplayer and the latter is probably my favorite game on the Switch) but Joker was the one that excited me the most and the one whose home series I'm the most excited to play.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Even if an upcoming direct isn’t announced today, we will probably still get a tourney or spirit event announced in the evening.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For me:
  1. Sora, Crash, BWD, Eggman or Phoenix Wright
  2. No idea
  3. :ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultminmin:ultsephiroth::ultkazuya:
1. Doomguy - I only got into Doom recently, but I'd love to see how they'd translate the series' gameplay (which largely focuses on being mobile, since standing still means death) into Smash. Plus, it would stop people from trying to shut down character discussion by saying that a franchise is "too violent" or acting like it's impossible to tone down a series to make it work in Smash. (it reminds me too much of the dialogue around Bayonetta and Ridley before they were added, where people said that Bayonetta was too raunchy or Ridley was too big, and that it was impossible to tone those parts of them down... until the Smash team toned those parts of them down)

2. Cinderace - I'm guessing that the final character is going to be from a somewhat-recent Nintendo release, and Sword and Shield seems like the main one that fits the bill. I don't know much about Pokémon gen. 8, and I'm not sure if Cinderace would be an especially original/inspired pick (we already have two other fully-evolved fire-type starter Pokémon, it seems similar to Lucario in terms of proportions, and I'm not sure what unique mechanics it could bring if any), but out of the starters from that generation, it seems to be getting the most focus.

3. Banjo and Kazooie - I've wanted them in Smash since I played the original Smash Bros. back in 1999, so seeing them in the game was a dream come true for me.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Fun idea I had
Y’all remember how right before Steve’s reveal, we got a countdown starting from 10?
What if for CP11 they do it again, but as they count down, they show the previous corresponding DLC fighters
E.g When it says 10 of shows bits from Kazuya
9 Pythra
8 Sephiroth
Etc

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Just as a reminder, an announcement for a Wednesday Direct would most likely happen at 9 or 10 AM, so it might be wise to wait until at least the latter before concluding it’s actually happening Thursday or next week.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
The funny ending part 2 because I did one the other day

direct is announced today for tomorrow

as a spite of revenge the smash tournament drops tonight and it’s a tournament event that deconfirms a whole bunch of characters and specific movesets

everyone struggles to think of a character it could be because 80% of their MW’s get deconfirmed by the event.

Last character is announced and it’s a shill pick.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Yall just ****ing live your lives for you and not this dumbass nintendo direct
I'm sure that's not what's happening tbh lol. This is a smash dedicated website so it's obvious that people would be eager for a potential direct since it is the last character of a game that the site is dedicated to so it shouldn't be any wonder as to why hype surrounding the direct is being dedicated here and due to that we shouldn't assume that just because they aren't writing about anything else on this thread means that's all they dedicate all to a direct. To all the people making similar comments to this, don't apply these stereotypes to the entire community when you can see where you're posting. As interesting as it'd be to hear about whoever's hobby or something along those lines, with a forum that has rules about keeping specific stuff being kept to specific threads, and the fact that this is a literally a smash forum, don't be surprised when all people are talking about are directs and similar speculation. If someone does start taking it too seriously, then it would probably help to not look at the entire community under the same lens so these comments can actually be made to the people who are actually in need of help and would benefit from support and being reminded of this instead of assuming this applies to the whole community as stuff like this could actually be pointed out to where it ultimately will make a difference instead of to a bunch of people who already know what you're talking about. The fact that you are saying this shows how obvious this is and for a community as precise as the smash one, it shouldn't be a large assumption to make if you were to say they already know that a direct is only important within the "consumer gaming hype" sphere, and that they already know what you are saying.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
A new Direct gets announced and it will reveal a new DLC character for Ultimate except it's Sonic Colors Ultimate.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I think expecting people to "live their lives" on a Nintendo fan forum is expecting a bit too much.
I joke, but the fact I used to practically live for these reveals and had a meltdown when a character I didn't want got in should be a cautionary tale. This is just one instance of this happening but it's not too uncommon.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Imagine thinking a modern Sonic game will let you play as a character other than Sonic
"Play as Zavok and get your revenge against Eggman for the events that in the nonexistent continuity of Sonic didn't even happen yet at the times of Colors"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom