• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
how would you feel if we got Medusa or Hades as the next fighter (kid icarus)
Be honest with you?
Because I prefer 3rd parties and because I have no attachment to the Kid Icarus series, I'd feel bland if that happened.
On the plus side, more villains! Love me some villains!

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I'm tired of all the anime swordfighters fire users in the roster. I want more variety, like, we should get more characters with electric moves beyond Pikachu and Pichu. That would be nice.
If I could have any electric fighter, I’d have to go with Electabuzz. It’s one of my favorite Pokémon ever but I don’t think it’s chances are very high.

1623206881826.png

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I'd be fine with Medusa (I don't think she needs to be more than an echo of palutena but I digress), Pretty happy with Hades , but I can't really see it happening without some sort of promotion like a new KI game or a port of uprising.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
As far as electricity-based characters go, I'd like to see Plusle & Minun
1623207340676.png

I remember these two having a pretty sizeable following during the speculation between Brawl and Smash 4, but it disappeared out of irrelevancy, I could see them being a "two semiclones of each other that share a roster slot" deal like Pyra and Mythra, where they use the same moves but have different properties: maybe Plusle deals more damage but Minun is faster and has better frame data. Since they're the Cheering Pokemon, maybe one of them is in the back cheering the other on. The harder one cheers, the stronger the other gets, and they cheer more the better the player performs, making them a very momentum-based fighter.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
So what is the color theory?

All I keep seeing is the next fighter is supposed to be pink???

Sonic anniversary...Pink...could it be Amy?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So what is the color theory?

All I keep seeing is the next fighter is supposed to be pink???

Sonic anniversary...Pink...could it be Amy?
Basically, a user here on Smashboards used math to determine the most likely color the next fighter will use on the official website, and they came up with a shade of pink.

Sounds ridiculous, but this method worked to figure out the color for Pyra and Mythra (or so I've heard).

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I'm tired of all the anime swordfighters fire users in the roster. I want more variety, like, we should get more characters with electric moves beyond Pikachu and Pichu. That would be nice.
This is how Toxtricity wins

I mean, c'mon. It's Electric/Poison and has a punk rock motif, how can you not love it?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Basically, a user here on Smashboards used math to determine the most likely color the next fighter will use on the official website, and they came up with a shade of pink.

Sounds ridiculous, but this method worked to figure out the color for Pyra and Mythra (or so I've heard).
Ye. The color was supposed to be pink... however... I think that might change. I dunno if any of you remember, but I used to calculate multiple colors. Well, the aspect is most likely coming back! So... stay tuned for not just... a color... but colors. :colorful:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I mean Robin did get in before Chrom ever did. Just saying.
We're not getting a second tier protagonist who is not even going to show up in the film series for the time being before the main villain who's been there since Day 1. Since Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow are all deconfirmed for various reasons Eggman is now the most likely candidate for the 2nd Sonic rep.

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
This is how Toxtricity wins

I mean, c'mon. It's Electric/Poison and has a punk rock motif, how can you not love it?
if we do get a gen 8 mon I hope its Toxtricity or one of the other unique ones.

literally no other character on the roster has a poison or music themed fighting style

Shroob

Sup?
if we do get a gen 8 mon I hope its Toxtricity or one of the other unique ones.

literally no other character on the roster has a poison or music themed fighting style
Well, Plant has its poison cloud.

Joker's side-b could also be considered 'poison', since 'curse damage' is a bit hard to visualize.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I'm not petty enough to be like "URGH I HATE THIS CHARACTER" beside a Pokémon. I got the fighter pass, I'll enjoy the character just like another. If it's someone I love, I'll main them, if not, I'll use them in freeplay
I don't think it's petty to not pay for a character you don't want.
It depends how much I like their moveset. If I don't like it, I would be irritated by their inclusion. If I like it, I still wouldn't be very excited.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Adding on to this, the whole thing is 99% just for fun. Somehow actually getting Pyra and Mythra's color right is just a funny coincidence, like how that %$#@posty Flame "leak" we managed to talk about for a page or two actually became true with Pyra's codename.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
That's not an applicable comparison; Eggman isn't going to get turned down for being too similar to Sonic.

Plus Robin was still one of that game's protagonists. Not like they chose Tharja.
That is correct. Putting Amy in over Eggman would be one of Smash's strangest decisions ever.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
This is Olimar erasure! Rude! (and Hero and Robin)

:4pacman:

Last edited:

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
Ye. The color was supposed to be pink... however... I think that might change. I dunno if any of you remember, but I used to calculate multiple colors. Well, the aspect is most likely coming back! So... stay tuned for not just... a color... but colors. :colorful:
Speaking of colors, I found the elusive fighter color for :ultbrawler: , :ultswordfighter: , and :ultgunner: , instead of the unify color for the :ultmiifighters: .

For context, this is color for the Mii Fighter on the official site:

Thanks to a recent JP online tournament announcement showing off the character roster to be used in that event, the color for the individual Mii have been finally uncovered:

Source: Super Smash Bros online tournament (May 31, 2021)

Too bad, the individual colors for :ultsquirtle: :ultivysaur: :ultcharizard: have yet to be found, as :ultpokemontrainer: is still being used. I guess the message of Pokemon Trainer being counts as one continue to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom