• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
ah yeah, this is my kind of tournament

ready to set things ablaze
Great...because the Smash community just needed to be more on fire than it already is.

Shroob

Sup?
ah yeah, this is my kind of tournament

It's a fire tournament.

Fire Theory is ****ing dead.

Sakurai.... I kneel....

1623200505084.png

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
aw yeah, this is my kind of tournament

Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony.

Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I can't believe Fire theory is ****ing dead

EDIT: Quad :ultgreninja: 'd

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
This might sound stupid but would you say that this tournament means we likely won’t get a fire based character as either of the last two?
I'm not sure the tournaments hold that much weight when it comes to deconfirms unless they're heavily advertised (Which this one isn't). Apparently we got a villains tourney a good while before Sephiroth, and I think a 90's tournament as well. I think the vast majority of these events are just quick things the devs tossed together to give people just a little more incentive to play.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
This might sound stupid but would you say that this tournament means we likely won’t get a fire based character as either of the last two?
I’d first need to know who at Nintendo or Namco picks the themes for the tournaments. Are they people at high enough of a position to know who the remaining characters are? (Even if they are, they may not care that much.)

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm not sure the tournaments hold that much weight when it comes to deconfirms unless they're heavily advertised (Which this one isn't). Apparently we got a villains tourney a good while before Sephiroth, and I think a 90's tournament as well. I think the vast majority of these events are just quick things the devs tossed together to give people just a little more incentive to play.
True, although with The Heros vs villains tourney, that was way back in August 2019 during Volume 1 while Sephiroth came a year and a half later in December 2020.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

bottom text

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I do not think tourneys are a reliable science for predicting characters, but the closer we get to a character reveal, the more you would wonder if the tourneys within earlier proximity would avoid overlap. I.e. would we get a villain tournament the week before a villain is revealed?

Maybe. But I could see a reason why they wouldn't do that. Guess we'll see.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Regardless of how you take this tourney to mean anything, I never thought Cinderace (or any Gen 8 Pokemon) was likely to begin with

Does anyone think a playable Indie fighter is still possible?
Since 2018 I've always hinged my bets on the first playable indie being either Shantae or Reimu.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I do not think tourneys are a reliable science for predicting characters, but the closer we get to a character reveal, the more you would wonder if the tourneys within earlier proximity would avoid overlap. I.e. would we get a villain tournament the week before a villain is revealed?

Tournaments for light and speedy fighters happened before Mythra, but she wouldn't have been allowed in them because of Pyra's stats. So a fighter that uses A fire move could still happen, they just won't be something like a fire-type Pokemon.

Gengar84

Smash Hero

Yeah that’s kind of what I was thinking as well. If we were getting Scorpion, for example, why not wait a week or two until he’s out before making the fire tournament.

D

Deleted member

They made a Fire Themed Tourney before a Fire Emblem Themed Tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom