• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here's what I'd do. This is more what I meant.

FP10: Regigigas. In addition to it's own stage, Pokemon Stadium 1 gets a new variant themed around the Steel type, and Pokemon Stadium 2 gets a variant themed around the Dragon type (those are the only Regi types without a stadium variant).

FP11: X (Mega Man). Zero gets a few new attacks, themed around later games in the X series.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm not sure if the Archer leak was shared here. It's probably fake (it's really similar to Mandycan leak). Basically a twitter user, Archer, said that the last two fighters are Dante and Arthur Morgan (from Red dead). If you look at his past tweet, he leaked Sephiroth, challenger pack 9 would be first party and Monster hunter would be a costume with challenger pack 9. He also said that a Dovahkiin mii costume is coming in the next wave (so with Dante probably according to him).
Wasn't that debunked because he used the same Twitter trick as Mandycan?

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
In Nintendo news, the acquisition of Next Level Games has become official-er:

Really do wonder what they're gonna make next. I remember they had a job posting at one point not too long ago, so they seem to be taking advantage of the acquisition.

Also, a bit random, but does the robot they use as a mascot have a name? I've thought about making a somewhat-jokish support thread for it, but I don't feel comfortable calling it "Next Level Games Robot". Too much of a mouthfull...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just noticed that the past two characters have significantly impacted a piece of base game content: Sephiroth impacted a fighter (Cloud), and Pythra impacted a spirit (Rex).

Let's say this pattern continues. add a character who significantly impacts a base game stage and a character who impacts an assist.
Octoling making the Squid Sisters AT randomly make Off The Hook appear instead? Yes please!

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
In Nintendo news, the acquisition of Next Level Games has become official-er:

Really do wonder what they're gonna make next. I remember they had a job posting at one point not too long ago, so they seem to be taking advantage of the acquisition.

Also, a bit random, but does the robot they use as a mascot have a name? I've thought about making a somewhat-jokish support thread for it, but I don't feel comfortable calling it "Next Level Games Robot". Too much of a mouthfull...
im tellin yall

this is how we get punch-out switch

please
image0-142.jpg

Technomage

Smash Champion
Miss Pac-Man isn't even a spirit come to think of it.

Heck, we dont have anything aside from the OG game and Pac-Land.
And it's also because of Namco's policy of not having their characters shown as or implied to be dead; just look at the trivia of this wiki article to see that I'm not making that up:

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice

(Note: Do not click the following link in the tweet, SPAM or VIRUS)

The mascot is called "Eggman", also sometime referred to as the "Egg" in the image file. Source: 1, 2, 3

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
And it's also because of Namco's policy of not having their characters shown as or implied to be dead; just look at the trivia of this wiki article to see that I'm not making that up:

…WHAT?! Spirits aren’t even traditionally dead! What in the Sam Hill is this?!

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I, for one, had heard theories about a StarTropics revival...
Now that you mention it, a western studio like NLG and Retro would theoretically be our only hope for a StarTropics revival, since it outright never released in Japan and thus has pretty much gotten nothing on that side of Nintendo

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Don't believe it for a second (it would be, what, the third fake leak that correctly guessed Sephiroth?), but I have to say I'd be okay if it was true just because Arthur would be such a bonkers ending, even if I have no connection to RDR. I don't think anyone expects a Rockstar rep, much less Arthur.

That said, I'd still scratch my head as to why they went with RDR and not GTA.

Technically, Steve already impacted stages, but I'm assuming you mean stage cameos on a preexisting stage.

Uh... I'm going with Tails for stage cameo and Waluigi for AT.
Because Red Dead is better. 😎

Dinoman96

Smash Master
It's always weird thinking about the IPs Nintendo published/owns (or at least owned at one point), and yet didn't bother releasing in their home country.

Stuff like Geist, Killer Instinct, Tinstar, Uniracer, and Startropics. The latter is really weird because whereas most of those other ones were made by western third party partners, ST was actually made by one of Nintendo's core development teams in Japan, the same crew responsible for the Punch-Out!! series of games, and yet it has never once ever been officially released in Japan, not even through a ROM dump on their VC/NSO, like how we got Panel de Pon and Mysterious Murasame Castle on our services.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
It's always weird thinking about the IPs Nintendo published/owns (or at least owned at one point), and yet didn't bother releasing in their home country.

Stuff like Geist, Killer Instinct, Tinstar, Uniracer, and Startropics. The latter is really weird because whereas most of those other ones were made by third party partners, ST was actually made by one of Nintendo's core development teams in Japan, the same crew responsible for the Punch-Out!! series of games, and yet it has never once ever been officially released in Japan, not even through a ROM dump on their VC/NSO, like how we got Panel de Pon and Mysterious Murasame Castle on our services.
People have thrown around the theory that NoJ just holds this grudge against R&D3 and Genyo Takeda's experiments at appealing to a specifically Western audience like StarTropics or Pilotwings 64 (which did release in Japan!), but I don't fully buy it considering one of these experiments was Punch-Out - something that they're clearly not shy about acknowledging.

One that I do find at least a bit more plausible - because it actually connects with StarTropics not having released in Japan, and would also at the very least explain its lack of Smash appearances - is one I've read in the Mike thread: from the original poster's experience, apparently StarTropics' existence is HORRENDOUSLY documented in Japan. Like, so badly documented that it's possible the "spirit team", in their extensive research of Nintendo's release history (per what we've been told by Sakurai), still wouldn't have come across any documentation of the games.

Where it gets iffy is the fact you mentioned that Nintendo themselves haven't bothered to release it in Japan. Sora Ltd. is one thing, but for this theory to still be in play here, that would imply that StarTropics' lack of documentation over there would actually extend to the internal offices of Nintendo. Which if you ask me, yeah I don't really believe that. Even with all this I've said, that seems like a step too far IMO.

So with all this taken into consideration, I've come to the possible conclusion that in the Smash devs' case, they legit don't know about it, and in Nintendo themselves' case, they simply do not give a ****. I don't see them holding a petty grudge like this, so I think they just really don't care.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I posted this in the Tails Thread, but I think I should post it here too

This video has 182 Million views. That means at least 182 Million people are familiar with Eggman, Tails, Shadow. I've not seen a Video with Sephiroth that was this big

I only say this because Sometimes, I think the idea of Another Sonic character, whether it be Eggman, Tails, Shadow, & Knuckles is heavily undermined. Not only are these characters heavily well known, but ALOT of people have been wanting to see them in Smash for a long time, especially the latter 3. Eggman being this popular in Speculation is more recent, But I won't get on him because how important he is to the Franchise, and he was in the movie, which did get in New Sonic fans

There's no Downside to adding in Another Sonic character to Smash, especially since Sega is known to license out the Sonic I.P like candy at times. If we can get Sephiroth. We can definitely get a character like Eggman, Tails, Shadow, & Knuckles

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

This video has 182 Million views. That means at least 182 Million people are familiar with Eggman, Tails, Shadow. I've not seen a Video with Sephiroth that was this big

I only say this because Sometimes, I think the idea of Another Sonic character, whether it be Eggman, Tails, Shadow, & Knuckles is heavily undermined. Not only are these characters heavily well known, but ALOT of people have been wanting to see them in Smash for a long time, especially the latter 3. Eggman being this popular in Speculation is more recent, But I won't get on him because how important he is to the Franchise, and he was in the movie, which did get in New Sonic fans

There's no Downside to adding in Another Sonic character to Smash, especially since Sega is known to license out the Sonic I.P like candy at times. If we can get Sephiroth. We can definitely get a character like Eggman, Tails, Shadow, & Knuckles
I don't know if Youtube views is a very good determining factor...

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I don't know if this helps our speculations or not but I'll just post here because I find it interesting.

Weekly sales of Smash SP (Ultimate) reported by Famitsu since its release and the dropping points of each DLCs.
The x-axis shows the week counts and the y-axis shows the number of sales (x10k). I think 2018 sales reach over the 70k point so basically the chart starts from 2019.

Does the graph come from the magazine itself? Or was the data compiled seperately?

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I was not honestly aware of that. While his speculation about fighter's chances is meh, I do think he's pretty effective at creating interesting and practical movesets for potential fighters.
I agree, I just remember some folks not necessarily thinking of him too highly. Might just be one of those fake memories that pop up every so often.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I agree, I just remember some folks not necessarily thinking of him too highly. Might just be one of those fake memories that pop up every so often.
To note, his speculation isn't taken that seriously(not just by Cutie Gwen), though it's a bit exaggerated.

So it's not really a fake memory.

Shroob

Sup?

Mate, this logic is terrible.

One-Winged Angel's most viewed, that I can find at least, video on YouTube has like 16 million views.

Meanwhile, I can find TONS of Touhou videos that either match or surpass that viewcount. Does that mean Touhou is more well known than FF7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom