• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKX31

Smash Master
Its an odd comparison, but Sonic characters feel a bit like Gen 8 Pokemon in that neither their inclusion or lack of inclusion would be a real surprise. If Eggman shows up as Fighter 10/11 it would make sense, and if he doesn't it would also be understandable.
That's a good point to make - especially when Sonic has one of the most well-known supporting casts period amongst video game characters. I'm confident in saying that since there are very few IPs that have quite as much reach.

At the same time, it's difficult to ascertain not only because there's been four Sonic characters seriously discussed, but also since Sega does not lack other options.

With all these people here saying Eggman, Tails, Shadow, and Knuckles are likely candidates, I gotta bring up the Avatar from Sonic Forces. Since that game was released in 2017 (like ARMS and Xenoblade 2 were), what are the chances of the Avatar being added as a "loose ends" kind of DLC (in a similar vain to Min Min and Pythra)?
Looking like zilch when Forces was largely a dud by the time Nintendo were seriously negotiating for FP2.

Last edited:

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
I've at times been treating Smash Speculation like Warfare
I really wouldn't recommend doing that. Unless I've completely misunderstood the point of smash speculation, it's supposed to just be a bit of fun trying to work out which characters will be put into a game you're a fan of. Obviously part of that is persuading others about certain characters, but if someone doesn't think a character's likely, or doesn't want a character, I wouldn't actually put effort into persuading them.

Like, I think people underestimate an SMT rep's chances, but because most people would rather talk about characters they either believe to be more likely, or just prefer, I'll mention why I think an SMT rep's likely / would be cool, then let the conversation continue, and talk about it to people who also want that character.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what other people think about the character, because that doesn't influence their chances.

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
With all these people here saying Eggman, Tails, Shadow, and Knuckles are likely candidates, I gotta bring up the Avatar from Sonic Forces. Since that game was released in 2017 (like ARMS and Xenoblade 2 were), what are the chances of the Avatar being added as a "loose ends" kind of DLC (in a similar vain to Min Min and Pythra)?
Dear lord I hope those chances are 0. I mean no offense to you, this is an interesting thing to speculate about, but... Gestures to the 20+ Sonic characters it would make more sense to add. They should add Infinite if they add a Forces rep since his design is at least interesting while the Avatar is very generic looking. But you can randomly pick a character who didn't debut in Forces and they'd probably have more going for them than either the Avatar or Infinite tbh.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Dear lord I hope those chances are 0. I mean no offense to you, this is an interesting thing to speculate about, but... Gestures to the 20+ Sonic characters it would make more sense to add. They should add Infinite if they add a Forces rep since his design is at least interesting while the Avatar is very generic looking. But you can randomly pick a character who didn't debut in Forces and they'd probably have more going for them than either the Avatar or Infinite tbh.
I guess Infinite could be a better choice; plus, it'd still keep the genius of my Forces speculation. 😀

7NATOR

Smash Master
Looking like zilch when Forces was largely a dud by the time Nintendo were seriously negotiating for FP2.
Forces was a dud critically, but According to Sega, it did sell strongly, and I think they weren't factoring the Mobile game when they said that

There is no agenda against Shadow. Most people just don’t think he’s very likely, and for good reason.
Personally, the reasons I've been given for why he's unlikely, I've debunked with reasoning and Logic, though I respect people's opinions on the matter though

Really Shadow is unfortunately distinct in getting skepticism from at least four different camps; speculators that don't believe another Sonic character will be picked, Sonic fans that believe/prefer another one from the series would get in, people that think he leans too close into being an echo/clone of Sonic to be distinct in a fighter's pass, and those that simply believe Assist Trophies will not get promoted within this Smash game.

Ironically for someone called the Ultimate Life Form, he's had really bad luck in Ultimate.
This is one of the best assortments of the consensus on Shadow I've seen in the Speculation community. yes

I guess Infinite could be a better choice; plus, it'd still keep the genius of my Forces speculation. 😀
Infinite would be interesting since He changes the Reality that the characters are seeing with the Phantom Ruby

I think in representing that in Smash, Infinite could be a character that Intentionally breaks the rules of the game in various fashion, perhaps between randomly upping percent's of opponents, giving Impossible Stock counts, Erasing Hitboxes/Hurtboxes, Changing Aspects of the stage as a taunt, Changing his stats, Size, and perhaps cosmetic on a whim, and etc

I doubt he'd get in anytime Soon. We might sooner get Goku playable than Infinite

I really wouldn't recommend doing that. Unless I've completely misunderstood the point of smash speculation, it's supposed to just be a bit of fun trying to work out which characters will be put into a game you're a fan of. Obviously part of that is persuading others about certain characters, but if someone doesn't think a character's likely, or doesn't want a character, I wouldn't actually put effort into persuading them.

Like, I think people underestimate an SMT rep's chances, but because most people would rather talk about characters they either believe to be more likely, or just prefer, I'll mention why I think an SMT rep's likely / would be cool, then let the conversation continue, and talk about it to people who also want that character.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what other people think about the character, because that doesn't influence their chances.
I think you are right. At the end of the day, the characters are already decided for FP2, so only 2 Characters have a chance score of 100%, and the rest have 0%

I think at this point I should stop trying to persuade people. Unless a Leak comes out or something, people won't believe. I still continue to share my thoughts and theories though because I like sharing my Speculation and such

Pillow

Smash Lord
Shadow and Knuckles are out of the running due to being assists. Tails because of being a Mii.

Eggman is really the only one who has a shot. There's Amy, and Metal Sonic too but out of the three Eggman probably has the best shot as of current.
Wasn’t Tails costume from Smash 4? I doubt its existence impacted his chances in any meaningful way. I don’t think we’re getting a second Sonic character at this point, but I’d personally bet on Tails over Eggman if we do.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wasn’t Tails costume from Smash 4? I doubt its existence impacted his chances in any meaningful way. I don’t think we’re getting a second Sonic character at this point, but I’d personally bet on Tails over Eggman if we do.
He returned as a Mii costume as with all the other Sm4sh Miis. Lloyd is the only one left which is likely to return.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Unless they use the Sonic Boom incarnations.

Edit: If we do get a Boom character, then I'd hope it'd be Knuckles, since that version of him is funny. XD
Knuckles deconfirmed, but Wide Knuckles is still a contender.
Doubt it, he got disqualified from the Olympic Games for a reason.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Dark Samus had to have so many favourable factors fall into place to even be an Echo Fighter considering her last major appearance was in 2009 and Ridley was by far the most requested Metroid character. Whilst Dixie can theoretically be an Chrom or Ken-style Echo Fighter, I think it’s more likely she just isn’t playable as there was no reason in theory she couldn’t have been a viable Echo in the base roster aside from Sakurai not being interested in the ideaof an Echo Dixie for one reason or another. The base roster of Ultimate would have been the perfect time for Echo Dixie.
I guess some people could say K. Rool was the priority for them, but then you have Ridley and Dark Samus, which got added in the same game.

My 2 cents on this is that, while I could totally see them making Dixie as an echo fighter... if she hasn't been added to Sm4sh and Ultimate, it's because I feel Sakurai has some plans for her that can't be achieved with a clone/echo status. Considering Dixie was planned at one point to be with Diddy as a tag team character in Brawl, I could see Sakurai still interested in the idea, or maybe he just wants Dixie by herself but as an unique character., but for one reason or another she isn't a big priority and she keeps being delayed.

Of course, maybe it's because Sakurai and his team have not been really interested in her beyond that time they consider her to be playable with Diddy. But I don't know, even if they're not really into the idea of Dixie as playable, I would be surprised if Sakurai never thought of adding her to the game as a clone/echo of Diddy. While I think Dixie could be an unique fighter (and I'd prefer that), it's obvious that a lot of people seem to think Dixie as an echo is a likely outcome. Specially after Dark Samus. For that reason, I'm pretty sure Sakurai has considered making her as a clone at some point, but if he hasn't, maybe it's because he would rather give her an unique moveset and he's just waiting for the right time.

Ultimate had very few unique newcomers and most of them were highly requested. And K. Rool was a bigger fan request than Dixie. So it wasn't the best time for her if Sakurai wanted her to have an unique moveset.

In any case, even if Sakurai has never been interested in Dixie, I think she's a matter of time. She's a popular and well-know character from one of the most well-known Nintendo series. Maybe she never had as much fan support as the likes of Ridley or K. Rool, but she still has a decent following, and in "worst" case scenario, she feels like a no brainer if you're considering adding her as an echo of Diddy.

But I guess people thought the same about Shadow back during base game lol

I'm not sure if the Archer leak was shared here. It's probably fake (it's really similar to Mandycan leak). Basically a twitter user, Archer, said that the last two fighters are Dante and Arthur Morgan (from Red dead). If you look at his past tweet, he leaked Sephiroth, challenger pack 9 would be first party and Monster hunter would be a costume with challenger pack 9. He also said that a Dovahkiin mii costume is coming in the next wave (so with Dante probably according to him).
Dante I could see him being CP10 even with all the thing with the Capcom costumes. Arthur Morgan... yeah... that would be an odd choice. Even more as the final character. I mean, Arthur as a character is great, liked RDR2 (not as much as the first one tho), and Rockstar is without a doubt a big developer. But... yeah, seeing something Rockstar related in Smash would be very weird, even more if it's with a playable character.

I can imagine all the salt and confusion on Twitter if he ever gets in lol

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not sure if the Archer leak was shared here. It's probably fake (it's really similar to Mandycan leak). Basically a twitter user, Archer, said that the last two fighters are Dante and Arthur Morgan (from Red dead). If you look at his past tweet, he leaked Sephiroth, challenger pack 9 would be first party and Monster hunter would be a costume with challenger pack 9. He also said that a Dovahkiin mii costume is coming in the next wave (so with Dante probably according to him).
This is bunk.

Ironically, Papagenos himself described how the leak was pulled off, namely, they most likely had a ton of hidden tweets they made ages ago, and then whenever the tweet came true, they unhid it.

A certain YouTube channel did a very similar trick recently where they made a metric ****ton of hidden videos about what famous people would die in 2020, and then unhid the ones that ended up actually dying, while giving the date of the video still from several years ago, even though the videos had only recently been unhidden.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
if Silver got in, I don't think Ness would have the best Back throw anymore...
And Mewtwo for Up Throw and anyone for all throws for that matter. All of his throws will send anyone to the deepest depths of spaces for eternity and the only way out is to reset the game.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Kid Icarus Uprising anniversary

This is one of my top 10 games of all time. It's wonderful

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Will they just port this game to the Switch or onto the eShop at least already? I wanna play it..

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

2012 "Kid Icarus: Uprising" released today !! We have received many requests for sequels and remakes, but it will be difficult ... The new design of the pit is a spin-off of the one made with "Smash Bros. X". #Smash Bros SP

We have received many requests for sequels and remakes, but it will be difficult
will be difficult
Pain / How Do You Manage Pain? | Know Your Meme

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The merits of plenty of characters are overlooked in favor of bigger speculation darlings. Shadow isn't alone.
This is so true it hurts. My man Bill Rizer keeps getting overlooked due to bigger speculation stars like fellow NES star Hayabusa and fellow Konami fan favorite Alucard. There are loads of examples like this across speculation. Dynasty Warriors vs Ninja Gaiden is an example and there are companies like Bamco and Capcom with several great characters that are overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom