• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
2012 "Kid Icarus: Uprising" released today !! We have received many requests for sequels and remakes, but it will be difficult ... The new design of the pit is a spin-off of the one made with "Smash Bros. X". #Smash Bros SP
This isn't the first time he mentioned it would be difficult to bring back Kid Icarus. However, we have Grezzo working on the Switch port of Miitopia, so maybe...

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
2012 "Kid Icarus: Uprising" released today !! We have received many requests for sequels and remakes, but it will be difficult ... The new design of the pit is a spin-off of the one made with "Smash Bros. X". #Smash Bros SP

Pain / How Do You Manage Pain? | Know Your Meme
Hey, at least he acknowledged the demand and didn't completely shoot it down! That's gotta mean something, right?

right?

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Dear lord I hope those chances are 0. I mean no offense to you, this is an interesting thing to speculate about, but... Gestures to the 20+ Sonic characters it would make more sense to add. They should add Infinite if they add a Forces rep since his design is at least interesting while the Avatar is very generic looking. But you can randomly pick a character who didn't debut in Forces and they'd probably have more going for them than either the Avatar or Infinite tbh.
I'm putting this to the test. I'm going to this fan wiki and hitting "random" until I get a character from the games.

1. Team Vector, which is a team and not a character.
  2. Sarianna, from the Archie comics, not the games.
  3. Charles Campbell, a voice actor.
  4. Graphic Color Works, a team of layout artists.
  5. Sonic the Hedgehog (2013) - the game, not the character.
  6. Wisp Circuit, a racetrack.
  7. Thunder dragons, a species from Sonic and the Black Knight.
  8. Sonic the Comic, Issue 58.
  9. Fairies, another species from Sonic and the Black Knight.
  10. Sonic the Hedgehog: Ultimate Bundle, a Steam bundle.
  11. Antonina Khyzhnyak, a Ukrainian voice actress. I am now regretting not counting Team Vector.
  12. A transcript of the Sonic Boom episode "Eggman Family Vacation".
  13. The City from Sonic Forces.
  14. The House of Magic, a group from the Fleetway comics.
  15. Ozzy, a dog from the 2020 movie, not the games.
  16. The gallery page for Robot Storm, a boss level from Sonic Heroes. It only contains one image.

Ah, finally, my hitting of the random button led me to the article for... Federica, a human from Sonic Unleashed who appears as an NPC in Spagonia.

...Hm, I don't think your theory's true. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not really. It was mostly just Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen talking about how Delzethin got mad Incineroar was in Smash.
I mean, I take more issue with how he'll say "X has Y going for them, that's good for their chances. Character Z however has Y, which isn't an acutal argument in favour and should be dismissed when used as such" and how his predictions videos are pretty much identical to each other but sure use him insisting Incineroar made zero sense as the only example

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
To be honest, Hayabusa is not a safe choice. I want him in (Along with the obligatory 2B need) but as much as I dislike Crash, the orange fuzzball has more of a chance than he does. But as I always say, you never know with Sakurai.
I'm just mentioning Hayabusa because a lot of people are predicting him, and for good reasons. You don't think he is a safe pick, but from what I'm seeing I think a lot of people in this thread would disagree. He has Nintendo history, his company has been very close to Nintendo for years now, and he has a game coming to the Switch soon. I'm not saying those things guarantee him, but it's enough to put him in the spotlight.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Kid Icarus Uprising is still the best game Nintendo has ever produced in the last 10-15 years IMO.

Hey, at least he acknowledged the demand and didn't completely shoot it down! That's gotta mean something, right?

right?
Yeah, maybe it's because I want good news but that's how I prefer to see it. If Sakurai and Nintendo know that there's actual fan demand, that might translate into a remaster or a sequel in the future.
Without fan demand or them not being aware it exists, then I'm sure it wouldn't happen.

It's from one of my absolute favorite artists on Twitter.

Yeah, he is a fantastic artist. In fact, my Sol avatar is a piece he made. And the Estelle avatar I had before as well lmao

I love his style.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's what I'd do. This is more what I meant.

FP10: Regigigas. In addition to it's own stage, Pokemon Stadium 1 gets a new variant themed around the Steel type, and Pokemon Stadium 2 gets a variant themed around the Dragon type (those are the only Regi types without a stadium variant).

FP11: X (Mega Man). Zero gets a few new attacks, themed around later games in the X series.
Downside is that one of the new attacks is Raikousen so he can Lightning Loop you like its Marvel 3.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I saw the Sonic discussion. I’ll say it now: no other unique newcomer makes sense than Eggman right now, and I would argue even in a future game Eggman is the next sonic character.

For me, the only two characters that I can justify next for Sonic are Tails and Eggman. Tails got Miid so that leaves Eggman. But even aside from that, Eggman makes the most sense to be brutally honest. While both are basically the only consistent characters to show up in games besides Sonic himself, Eggman imo has the slight edge just do to being one of the most iconic villains in gaming. My ideal ultimate DX sonic roster would be both Eggman and Tails with a Shadow echo of sonic. I just feel Eggman should be next.

Honestly, who are now considered the Big Speculation Darlings these days?
Crash and Hayabusa. There are circles who promote stuff like Tales and a Falcom character or a Gen 8 mon. But if you asked people on average who was the big two, it’s those two.

Personally my predictions are Crash and a Falcom rep, but who knows. I did have Square getting something and XC2 right, and did say Sephiroth was underrated as sin.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Question

Do you think Indie Companies give their Content (in Smash) away for Free, or even pay Nintendo to use their Content in Smash?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Question

Do you think Indie Companies give their Content (in Smash) away for Free, or even pay Nintendo to use their Content in Smash?
No.

You have to pay for another party's IP in your commercial product. Indies are probably very cheap about it but there's no way they'll lend their properties without charge, that's really unethical. And it'd be dumb for Nintendo to ask them for money on top of their content, it just makes no sense.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
I saw the Sonic discussion. I’ll say it now: no other unique newcomer makes sense than Eggman right now, and I would argue even in a future game Eggman is the next sonic character.

For me, the only two characters that I can justify next for Sonic are Tails and Eggman. Tails got Miid so that leaves Eggman. But even aside from that, Eggman makes the most sense to be brutally honest. While both are basically the only consistent characters to show up in games besides Sonic himself, Eggman imo has the slight edge just do to being one of the most iconic villains in gaming. My ideal ultimate DX sonic roster would be both Eggman and Tails with a Shadow echo of sonic. I just feel Eggman should be next.
I mean you could technically extend that to “Tails is one of the most iconic player 2 characters in gaming”. While, obviously, the sidekick role is not quite as important as the villain role in general, I wouldn’t discount him so quickly. If we consider this FP in particular, I’d say Tails makes more sense given the great focus that was placed on Sephiroth as a villain during his addition. (Of course, that is only the case if we assume that the early FP1 Mii Costumes don’t disconfirm.)

That being said I sorta agree with you mostly, despite wanting Tails much much more, Eggman probably does make more sense, I just can’t see him happening so soon after Sephy.

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, who are now considered the Big Speculation Darlings these days?
Mostly Crash and Hayabusa as they are considered the most "safe" choices.
Don't forget about the hype for Master Chief because Banjo got revealed in E3 2019 and the other is a speculation on whether Steve/Alex were supposed to be shown off in E3 2020. Basically, the whole Microsoft E3 theory.

If Microsoft is next again, I personally prefer Ori over Master Chief.

Question

Well, it happen to Wayforward as they gives reference materials of Shantae to Nintendo on the off chance that they includes her for something. In fact, Nintendo did use their Shantae materials without telling them for their brand new Spirit Mode feature in Smash Ultimate. Who knows, if Wayforward ever got paid after the spirit reveal.

Source: Shantae Creator Matt Bozon Talks Shantae’s Past, Present, and Future (June 8, 2020)

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
This isn't the first time he mentioned it would be difficult to bring back Kid Icarus. However, we have Grezzo working on the Switch port of Miitopia, so maybe...
I still don't know why he says its hard to port Uprising to Switch..because..its not..If they can port Skyward Sword, they can port Kid Icarus Uprising..the game already had dual stick controls.
I literally had an argument with someone on this, with them claiming that it was 'impossible' because the dual screens and touch screen 'were too important'...which I disagree with considering how many DS and 3DS games that used the touchscreen were ported to other systems just fine..

Simply put, it could easily be done just by making HD Textures and reworking where certain touch screen images are (like speech icons on the top screen's bottom left & right sides..). The dual stick option already exists and then the touchscreen could even still work in handheld mode.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
At this point I'd just be happy to see an HD remaster of Kid Icarus Uprising on the Switch redesigned with less wonky controls. maybe throw some optional content on top of that that.

Of course an outright sequel that brings back Uprising's gameplay while expanding upon it and addressing whatever issues the 3DS version had would be more ideal.

Staarih

Smash Master
Here's hoping. I recall some interview way back mentioning Nintendo wanting to bring 3DS titles (or game series?) to the Switch, and seeing Miitopia happen implies something like it could be happening. Even though I'd love a full-on sequel to Uprising, a remaster of it would also do wonders.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
It's hard to port Uprising in that it's harder to port it than port Wii U games. Hard might not be the right word as much as requiring more resources, which makes it more costly. Which is why we've seen so many Wii U ports and so few 3DS ports. If Uprising had come out for the Wii U, it probably would be on Switch by now.

Obviously it can be done, and it'd be nice if it were, and in the grand scheme of things it wouldn't be that hard... but Zelda and Mario ports aren't the best comparisons to make. Because they're Zelda and Mario.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
It's hard to port Uprising in that it's harder to port it than port Wii U games. Hard might not be the right word as much as requiring more resources, which makes it more costly. Which is why we've seen so many Wii U ports and so few 3DS ports. If Uprising had come out for the Wii U, it probably would be on Switch by now.

Obviously it can be done, and it'd be nice if it were, and in the grand scheme of things it wouldn't be that hard... but Zelda and Mario ports aren't the best comparisons to make. Because they're Zelda and Mario.
While true, its not like Nintendo lacks the ability to do so, they've done HD Remasters of a few games, as well as Remakes, and its not like Miitopia was exactly a heavier seller than Kid Icarus Uprising, or at least I assume not.

Shroob

Sup?
While true, its not like Nintendo lacks the ability to do so, they've done HD Remasters of a few games, as well as Remakes, and its not like Miitopia was exactly a heavier seller than Kid Icarus Uprising, or at least I assume not.
You're right, but only barely tbh.

KI:U: 1.35mil units

Miitopia: 1.18mil units

But then let's cheat and throw another Mii ip into the mix, Tomodachi Life, which sold a whopping 6.63 million units, the 11th highest selling game on the system.

I think personally speaking, Nintendo has more faith in the Mii ip than a revival of an old IP that sold very well no doubt, but still, for a game released 9 years ago now, and for as big a game it was, those numbers are kinda sad tbh, while Miitopia launched only 2~ years before the end of the 3DS's life.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Sakurai should make Ice climbers uprising :p
Honestly I'm kinda surprised nobody has tried reviving Ice Climbers yet. They are fairly recognizable at this stage and I don't think anything particularly new or game-changing is even needed. Have the gameplay consist of them climbing various distinct areas, mixing platforming with puzzle solving using two characters Popo and Nana (maybe with a locked-unlocked to each other option). Maybe some type of versus mode as well and voila, a decent basis for a new game is there.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly I'm kinda surprised nobody has tried reviving Ice Climbers yet. They are fairly recognizable at this stage and I don't think anything particularly new or game-changing is even needed. Have the gameplay consist of them climbing various distinct areas, mixing platforming with puzzle solving using two characters Popo and Nana (maybe with a locked-not locked to each other option). Maybe some type of versus mode as well and voila, a decent basis for a new game is there.
I mean, that's kinda just 3D World.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Honestly I think we need a game about Nintendo retro/forgotten characters Captain Rainbow had this awesome concept a sequel would be amazing but I wish the art style doesn’t end up looking ugly
A Captain Rainbow sequel would be great, I love the concept of the game and it's a concept that's still got so much potential.

Actually, I believe I had this hypothetical list of characters to appear in a Captain Rainbow 2 somewhere. Might pull it out

Shroob

Sup?
If a new Ice Climbers is an excuse for more 3D World, I'll take it.
Question is then, why would Nintendo slap the Ice Climber ip on it when Mario would make it sell ten times better?

If the next Mario Kart were to knick F-Zero's identity and focus on SUPER SPEED, I guarantee you the game would sell better by calling it Mario Kart than F-Zero, the Mario name carries a TON of weight to it, and even if the game was effectively F-Zero, the Mario name would make it sell way better than calling it F-Zero would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom