• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, would you look at that, it's "4chan leak o'clock"! And this time, it's the Atlus Special!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Apparently, this guy managed to predict the recent SMT news, and there ARE rumors of P5R coming to Xbox, but that's about it. Idon Idon as stated in your contract, you are free to use this as an excuse to talk about SMT in Smash.

Even though the leak says literally nothing about Smash...

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Eh...Since Mega Man had such a hard focus on playing like he does in the source material, I think it would be kinda weird if they didn't do it for Mega Man X.
If they REALLY wanted Mega Man to focus on playing like he does in the source material, he'd gain a new Kirby Neutral Special every time he KOs someone.

We have a lot of Mii costumes without spirits
But we shouldn't!

FFVII's equivalent to Megalovania wasn't in Smash until Sephiroth's pack.
What do you mean? Clash on the Big Bridge STILL isn't in the game.

Smash Bros + Burger King = SmashBurger
Peter Pepper for Smash!

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Well, would you look at that, it's "4chan leak o'clock"! And this time, it's the Atlus Special!

Apparently, this guy managed to predict the recent SMT news, and there ARE rumors of P5R coming to Xbox, but that's about it. Idon Idon as stated in your contract, you are free to use this as an excuse to talk about SMT in Smash.

bull**** leak. Nocturne's Steam release leaked an hour or so earlier and we knew that they were considering it from a datamine. the rest is just tacking **** on

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master

This leak really suggests some timely and common sense strategy by Atlus in their releases.

That's how you know its fake.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Determine how much the next 2 characters will weigh with crazy math ****.
Um... will there be anymore JRPG characters?

Yeah, I got nothing.
Hmm...

Here's a different idea. Using the dates from around the corresponding timeframes, let's see if math can determine when the next Nintendo Directs of the year will be. This would include the Summer and Fall Directs, most likely, but who knows. Maybe math will reveal another Direct between now and June.
Hm. These are actually pretty good ideas! Thanks for those. Will put these down.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Lord

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Determine how much the next 2 characters will weigh with crazy math ****.
Math has four letters ok. That means the weight must be divisible by 4 into an even number for the next character. Who will be fighter...81. 81+4, that would be 85. Add in that it is CP 10, that takes us to 95. The fifth character of FP2, that makes 100. So we know it has to be close.

Now then, this is where it is going to take a fun turn. So, E3, that means that we need to subtract 3. Taking us to 97. Now, E3 is on June 15-17th. So we need to subtract 16 but add 6. So that gets us to...87.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
A guy who works in the games industry followed a notable dev? Maybe it's Smash's related!

This is why we get made fun of.
I dislike these kind of posts.
This is literally called "DLC Speculation Discussion".
If there were a hard science to it, it would be called "proof" or "logic", but speculation is, by definition, guessing based on little, if any evidence.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

1997 "Akumajo Dracula X Tsuki****a no Yosoukyoku" (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) released !! The assist figure "Alucard" is, of course, an attack that is conscious of the Valmanwe dual wield. # Smash Bros SP

Released "Animal Crossing: New Horizons" today in 2020. happy first anniversary!! My Murabito looks like the one on the photo. # Smash Bros SP

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
To be fair, we are grown ass men and women wasting time here discussing what cereal box mascots could be in a baby game.
Excuse me?
E10+.
10 year olds aren't babies.
Checkmate, b****.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master

1997 "Akumajo Dracula X Tsuki****a no Yosoukyoku" (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) released !! The assist figure "Alucard" is, of course, an attack that is conscious of the Valmanwe dual wield. # Smash Bros SP
Add Alucard to Smash Sakurai, you coward.

Also, I just finished replaying Symphony of the Night a few hours ago. What a coincidence.

Still one of the best games of all time.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
To be fair, we are grown ass men and women wasting time here discussing what cereal box mascots could be in a baby game.
Which makes sinking lower all the more impressive.

I dislike these kind of posts.
This is literally called "DLC Speculation Discussion".
If there were a hard science to it, it would be called "proof" or "logic", but speculation is, by definition, guessing based on little, if any evidence.
I dislike these kind of posts where adding any sort of logic or challenge is rebuked by saying "but who knows?". Ironic that this is getting the "it's not hard science" right after the guy who uses data and math to reach conclusions just got a ton of suggestions. Good for him, but he's doing that more than me. Because I agree, it's not hard science. That in no way precludes using your head, though.

Shinobi works as a communications manager and for a video game publication. Him following a video game company is exactly what you'd expect for someone in his position. More over, he tweeted about Banjo two years ago, and has been tweeting and following people since and none of it has been a Smash hint. I bet he's followed other video game developers since then as well. Most recently he tweeted about Golden Sun and Advance Wars prior to the Direct and people got excited and it turns out... he just wanted to see Golden Sun and Advance Wars.

This is speculation. I believe that that theory is based on pretty weak reasoning, and I speculate nothing will come of it.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Shinobi has some insider info but he doesn't hint at things frequently. He isn't really a leaker like Vergeben or others.
He also interacts with devs and official accounts of companies on Twitter, so I don't think him following Team Ninja means nothing at all.

He also works in a videogame studio by the way. He probably realized he wasn't following the Twitter account of Team Ninja and then clicked the follow button lol

dream1ng

Smash Lord
So you're saying that this isn't any regular kind of no-lifing.

This is...

Advanced no-lifing.
People who bother making fun of other fanbases on the internet generally start from a baseline of equally not having a life. It's the blind leading the blind.

Theories like that are just going to add fuel to their fire, though. It's a nothing sandwich.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
‘Cept me, I got 36 months before I’m expected to have a life. I suspect cryogenic freezing technology will be invented by that time and I’ll be able to stay in hibernation till we invent Space Travel then I’ll officially be able to travel to space and name a planet “Gamer.” :4pacman:

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
People who bother making fun of other fanbases on the internet generally start from a baseline of equally not having a life. It's the blind leading the blind.

Theories like that are just going to add fuel to their fire, though. It's a nothing sandwich.
If we weren't already the laughing stock of the gaming community due to technicolor chairs, the Grinch, and all the sex ring scandals, some crappy conspiracy theories aren't going to tarnish our reputation anymore than it already is tbf.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Which makes sinking lower all the more impressive.

I dislike these kind of posts where adding any sort of logic or challenge is rebuked by saying "but who knows?". Ironic that this is getting the "it's not hard science" right after the guy who uses data and math to reach conclusions just got a ton of suggestions. Good for him, but he's doing that more than me. Because I agree, it's not hard science. That in no way precludes using your head, though.

Shinobi works as a communications manager and for a video game publication. Him following a video game company is exactly what you'd expect for someone in his position. More over, he tweeted about Banjo two years ago, and has been tweeting and following people since and none of it has been a Smash hint. I bet he's followed other video game developers since then as well. Most recently he tweeted about Golden Sun and Advance Wars prior to the Direct and people got excited and it turns out... he just wanted to see Golden Sun and Advance Wars.

This is speculation. I believe that that theory is based on pretty weak reasoning, and I speculate nothing will come of it.
Just to add to this, I think the best thing to point out is most of this stuff is mainly for fun. Speculation, in a sense, is an extension of Smash Ultimate itself, and is meant to add fun value to a game we play and love. That's actually why I do the math stuff. Other than college, I'm currently not really doing much, and I figure it'd be fun to attempt something new.

I think most of the "out there, over the top" theories you see isn't a fault of the Smash scene itself per say, but just how internet culture has become as I've noticed there are similarities you can find with other gaming scenes, and even other mediums. The constant 24/7 cycle of news on the internet can unfortunately make people get too sucked into things, and make themselves turn into an echo chamber.

So... yeah. I think it's just important for everyone to realize that Smash is meant to be fun lol.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
So this was in the Ryu thread

"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive) | Page 64 | Smashboards

Shinobi, the same guy that leaked Banjo in Smash and other stuff, has recently been following Team Ninja. Whether it's nothing or some super Secret hint is up to you
If anything, I think think this would imply a new Ninja Gaiden is coming more than it would a Smash reveal. Maybe he’s heard that a new one is being made & is following now so that he can get all the news as it comes in.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Released "Animal Crossing: New Horizons" today in 2020. happy first anniversary!! My Murabito looks like the one on the photo. # Smash Bros SP
I'm still reminded of the objective best reaction to the whole CastleVania in Smash announcement

Skip to 5:45 for the Alucard AT reaction and it's ****ing perfect. Language warning obviously

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
If I may ask, what has gotten younger gens' attention over there? Seen scattered reports - primarily mobile games like Identity V and Knives Out - but would like to know the console area as well.

I mean, some within the competitive scene like Tweek's coach have started calling :ultminmin a (super-)swordie, so Rayman would be right at home. :4pacman:

(Oh and :ultjoker: 's Gun? From a technical standpoint it's a sword move. The very same manager points out that he wishes that Gun was treated by the game as a projectile. So yes, Joker's an anime swordsman technically.)
I'm not sure tbh.
Nintendo games are doing super well as everyone knows, so Nintendo games in general I guess? Switch is literally dominating the sales rankings.
I see parents still talking about their kids playing Fortnite and APEX and such everywhere and seems like most of them are playing on PCs. I wonder how APEX Switch is doing.
I'm not an expert on this so all I can say is obvious sorry :)

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
If we weren't already the laughing stock of the gaming community due to technicolor chairs, the Grinch, and all the sex ring scandals, some crappy conspiracy theories aren't going to tarnish our reputation anymore than it already is tbf.
I don't think any of that matters in the end. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that no one hates the Smash community more than the Smash community already does. So this whole "laughing stock of the gaming community" thing seems like hyperbole.

Apparently... tomorrow... I have nothing to do. So... I would like to ask ya'll, what "info" would you like to see from Mr. Roboto my math stuff? 🤔

I'm thinking about making an info graphic just for fun, and I don't know what to include. I have some ideas, and some stuff is already done (like background colors).
Hmm... how about something a bit more tangential, like how many more third party Mii costumes per company - or how many Premiiums we could get in the last two packs based on past precedent?

I'm sure there's probably some interesting stuff we could get besides info on the fighters.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Tfw no Persona 3 Definitive rumor... that was rumored alongside last year’s P4G Steam which came true

also osby osby Jocario Zero Jocario Zero Perkilator Perkilator and anyone else who may be interested, I made a Project X Zone 3 ideas thread:https://smashboards.com/threads/project-x-zone-3-ideas.512727/#post-24330475

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I figured this would be an interesting topic. As for my ideas:

Routes
• Daisy: In Search of a Super Star (fights every Mario character, ending with Bowser/Giga Bowser)
• Falco: Personally, I prefer the air! (fights characters who have more than two jumps, ending with Rathalos)
• Mr. Game & Watch: A Long Legacy (fights characters in reverse chronological order from the Switch era to the NES era, ending with Dracula)
• Pokémon Trainer: When Eyes Meet (fights characters who join the player after starting as an enemy)
• Sonic: Just a Bit Too Slow (fights characters who played a role in the Subspace Emissary, with a fight against Galleom midway)
• Olimar: Size Matters (fights big characters, ending with Bowser/Giga Bowser)
• Robin: Master of My Element (fights characters associated with Robin's tomes)
• Cloud: In It for the Money (fights characters who were DLC in Smash 4, fighting Master Hand and Crazy Hand midway through)
• Hero: A History of Heroism (fights characters from JRPG's in general)
• Banjo-Kazooie: Class of '64 (fights characters from N64 games, ending with Ganon)
• Byleth: Let the Lesson Begin! (fights characters mirroring FE gameplay mechanics)
• Min Min: At ARMS' Length (fights characters with slowly increasing range, ending with Master Hand)
• Steve: An Unlikely Icon (fights characters from Nintendo and other 3rd party companies)
• Sephiroth: Fatal Fantasy (fights characters referencing the first 7 Final Fantasy games, fighting Marx in Round 6)

Bosses
• Samus: Fights Rathalos in the Final Round
• Fox: Fights Marx in the Final Round
• Jigglypuff: Fights Master Hand after sorting out Giant Donkey Kong in the Final Round
• Peach: Fights Giga Bowser in the Final Round
• Sheik: Fights Galleom in the Final Round
• Dr. Mario: Fights Marx in the Final Round
• Roy: Fights Ganon in the Final Round
• Meta Knight: Fights Marx in the Final Round
• Pit: Fights Dracula in the Final Round
• Wario: Fights Dracula in the Final Round
• Ike: Fights Dracula in the Final Round
• Lucas: Fights Dracula in the Final Round
• King Dedede: Fights Ganon in the Final Round
• Wii Fit Trainer: Fights Bowser/Giga Bowser in the Final Round
• Little Mac: Fights Bowser/Giga Bowser in the Final Round
• Palutena: Fights Ganon in the Final Round
• Shulk: Fights Galleom in Round 6, moving Mega Man to the Final Round
• Bayonetta: Fights Rathalos in Round 6, moving the Pits to Round 1
• Ridley: Fights Marx in the Final Round
• Simon: Fights Dracula in a Team Battle with Richter in the Final Round
• Richter: Fights Crazy Hand in the Final Round
• Incineroar: Fights Giga Bowser in the Final Round with the help of Greninja

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman

The only leak I've seen that mentions SMT in smash wasn't even about either franchise, it was about Persona, and mentioned it as an offhand comment.

It was also the worst fake leak I've ever seen. Like, it was REALLY bad.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Isn't the "leak" already wrong since we didn't get SMT5 news yesterday?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
The only leak I've seen that mentions SMT in smash wasn't even about either franchise, it was about Persona, and mentioned it as an offhand comment.

It was also the worst fake leak I've ever seen. Like, it was REALLY bad.
How bad we talking?
Isn't the "leak" already wrong since we didn't get SMT5 news yesterday?
Do you want me to try and find another 4chan leak that could be very slightly more accurate?

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
How bad we talking?
It had random persona music getting added to smash, PQ3 on switch (before etrian odyssey, somehow), P5 arena and modern ports of every mainline game and P4 Arena Ultimax.

There was probably more, but I can't remember. There's no way even half of that could happen, especially since we're talking about ATLUS.

Which is a shame, because this would be amazing in smash:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Whenever you see leaks that suggest a mass release of SMT and/or Persona games on various systems, do remember that Atlus took forever to get Persona 4 Golden on Steam and were genuinely surprised by how successful it was.

Their understanding of the Western market is not exactly strong across the board.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Whenever you see leaks that suggest a mass release of SMT and/or Persona games on various systems, do remember that Atlus took forever to get Persona 4 Golden on Steam and were genuinely surprised by how successful it was.

Their understanding of the Western market is not exactly strong across the board.
Now I'm curious how surprised they were about the positive reception to Joker in Smash...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom