• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Your reaction:

The final two characters are revealed AT THE SAME TIME at... whatever E3 equivalent Nintendo maybe holds.

And they are... Shadow the Hedgehog and Waluigi, two Assist promotions!

Radical Highway and Waluigi Pinball stages. (Though I'd prefer Mario Party 3 Waluigi Island)

SOMEHOW this actually happens.

Whaddaya say? Do you react violently or non-violently?
Honestly I think my immediate reaction would be "Eh, should have been Tails or Eggman."

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Honestly I think my immediate reaction would be "Eh, should have been Tails or Eggman."
I mean... so long as it isn't anything to do with Boom or that crosseyed maniac Classic Sonic, I'm actually really cool with any Sonic character truly... though the Deadly Six I would groan seeing them... not HATE, just groan.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Your reaction:

The final two characters are revealed AT THE SAME TIME at... whatever E3 equivalent Nintendo maybe holds.

Radical Highway and Waluigi Pinball stages. (Though I'd prefer Mario Party 3 Waluigi Island)

No offense, but I thought MY idea for the last two would be poorly recieved...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Your reaction:

While everyone else is losing their minds this'll be me

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Really Sonic as a franchise is long overdue for another fighting game of its own after the charming insanity of Sonic the Fighters and the flawed but interesting Sonic Battle experiment.

Though as always with Sonic titles, the fan game community is making some good progress:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Your reaction:

Instant 20,000 gold for 4 more classic mode tickets? Uh sure I guess...

ALONG WITH SOME EXTREME VIOLENCE!!!

7NATOR

Smash Master
Your reaction:

"So this is what it feels like to Win!"

Pillow

Smash Lord
Your reaction:

I'd personally be very disappointed.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Your reaction:

Really sad tbh, not getting even one of my MWs

that aside, didn’t he say two presentations left? A dual reveal of the final two would kinda go against that

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Really Sonic as a franchise is long overdue for another fighting game of its own after the charming insanity of Sonic the Fighters and the flawed but interesting Sonic Battle experiment.

Though as always with Sonic titles, the fan game community is making some good progress:

If they wanna do another Sonic fighter, I'M ALL IN, like, preorder placed man! Sonic Battle is actually one of my all-time favorite Sonic games, and I would have loved to see Sonic's breakdance kick brought into Smash.

Also Sonic Battle
has the nuts to end on a downer ending. Just straight up "And then Emerl died. The end". Slow clap. No "and then he got amnesia and grabbed a gun and shouted swears to Powerman 5000 songs about being nearly dead instead of going to Hell". Nope. "He died. His parts were used to build another robot in Sonic Advance 3 but at that point it's not Emerl, Emerl is dead."

A smaller third party a la Terry (extreme generosity from the company being optional) and Euden.

Look, I love Dragalia Lost, but I know for a FACT everyone would hate him.
I'd honestly not be torn up about Euden. Not hyped, but not angry or even groan just... kinda like I was with Min Min. Neato character from game I pretty much didn't play.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
2 Characters can be revealed at the same time and have separate presentations after, like what happened with Banjo and Hero.
I don’t believe it was that way for Corrin and Bayonetta in 4 though

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Your reaction:

Meh.

I'd be more disappointed that Shadow's stage is Radical Highway and not Space Colony ARK.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Meh.

I'd be more disappointed that Shadow's stage is Radical Highway and not Space Colony ARK.

I'm the animal that if it were up to ME AND ME ALONE, Shadow's stage would be Westopolis with the Black Arms UFO lasers coming down and breaking apart the stage and the "background cameo characters" being Black Doom/Doom's Eye and the GUN Soldiers fighting various Black Arms

But I'm kind of an animal

"MAKE THE HUMANS SUFFERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!"

"LOOK! THERE HE IS! YOU MURDERED MY FRIEND!"

"GAH! URGH... AUGHH... OOF.... Men, forgive me..."

"MR YUJI NAKA IS OKAY!"

It'd probably be Radical Highway due to recognition or whatever, same reasoning it was the stage for Sonic Generations 3DS. Photo ops of jumping in front of the moon ala Sonic Adventure 2 opening would be neat though

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Your reaction:

"Well, at least 'No AT promotions' got BTFO".

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I'm the animal that if it were up to ME AND ME ALONE, Shadow's stage would be Westopolis with the Black Arms UFO lasers coming down and breaking apart the stage and the "background cameo characters" being Black Doom/Doom's Eye and the GUN Soldiers fighting various Black Arms

But I'm kind of an animal

"MAKE THE HUMANS SUFFERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!"

"LOOK! THERE HE IS! YOU MURDERED MY FRIEND!"

"GAH! URGH... AUGHH... OOF.... Men, forgive me..."

"MR YUJI NAKA IS OKAY!"

It'd probably be Radical Highway due to recognition or whatever, same reasoning it was the stage for Sonic Generations 3DS. Photo ops of jumping in front of the moon ala Sonic Adventure 2 opening would be neat though
Okay that's actually a based option.

Space colony ARK can represent both SA2 and Shadow The Hedgehog, it always comes out on top!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Does it matter?

"Holy ****, this opens the door for so many characters!"

Well dude, the door closed like 5 minutes ago, so...
Maybe not, but it'll matter for Smash 6 DLC.

Shroob

Sup?
A dual reveal is dependent on a lot of things; Nintendo's decisions about what would maximize PR on the fighters, their respective release dates, and if they're thematically close enough in some fashion where a dual trailer would make sense.
I mean, Banjo and Hero aren't thematically close at all. One's a series of characters from an iconic JRPG franchise, the other is a N64 darling from a BRI'ISH development team. Most thematic there is "One's from the west, one's from the east."

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I mean, Banjo and Hero aren't thematically close at all. One's a series of characters from an iconic JRPG franchise, the other is a N64 darling from a BRI'ISH development team. Most thematic there is "One's from the west, one's from the east."
Well I mean a dual trailer in being in one shared video ala Ken and Incineroar, not being two different ones ala E3.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Well I mean a dual trailer in being in one shared video ala Ken and Incineroar, not being two different ones ala E3.
I'd kind of imagined when first bringing up this scenario as being two different ones since the event in question would be E3/whatever replacement may or may not exist

Though it does make me wonder how a "Shadow the Hedgehog with surprise Waluigi appearance" trailer would go...

Shroob

Sup?
I'm almost positive we won't get a trailer like that, tbh.

We got one with Ken and Incin, and sure, Ken's an iconic character, arguably more iconic than a lot of characters on the roster, he's an Echo, and Echoes were kinda lucky to get trailers at all, since only Richter ended up getting that spot as well... and ironically, both were 3rd party.

Likewise, if we have 2 characters left, and both end up being 3rd party? They'll get their own trailers. I don't see say, Activision with Crash being too keen on sharing its commercial spot with say, Koei and Hayabusa, Microsoft with Chief, Namco with Tales of, etc.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
Now that I'm done with work (and the conversation has completely moved on from this topic), I'm going to go through a lot of the tracks I'd love to see in an Ace Attorney challenger pack. If I had my way entirely we'd have basically the whole soundtrack lol, but I tried to condense my list of choices down a bit.

There are 5 tracks that I see as "the big ones" -- songs that are either the most iconic in the series or just make too much sense not to include. Those five are:
As for the rest of the tracks on the list, I made an effort to not just focus in on every pursuit theme or every objection theme. Each game's pursuit/objection theme is really great and if I had my way I'd include pretty much all of them, but I also wanted to give the spotlight to some of the other tracks.
Also if possible I'd love to see some AAI2 music, although I don't know how likely that would be given that it's never been officially released outside of Japan. Pursuit ~ Wanting to Find the Truth is easily in my top 10 tracks in the series, and character themes like Goddess of Law would be fantastic additions too. Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton tracks would be cool but I'd imagine the copyright for them might be a little complicated.

But man, there's just so much good music to pick from, and just imagine what the current Smash composers could do with these tracks. The idea of ACE writing a Steel Samurai remix or Motoi Sakuraba remixing the Turnabout Sisters theme is just --- aaaaugh, I want it to happen so badly.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
Though it does make me wonder how a "Shadow the Hedgehog with surprise Waluigi appearance" trailer would go...
If they wanted to have a joint Shadow/Waluigi reveal trailer (or any Mario & Sonic characters, for that matter), they could start it off making it look like something related to Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. Maybe start with an Olympic wrestling match, but then the fighting gets more and more ridiculous until it becomes clear this is Smash.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
If they wanted to have a joint Shadow/Waluigi reveal trailer (or any Mario & Sonic characters, for that matter), they could start it off making it look like something related to Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. Maybe start with an Olympic wrestling match, but then the fighting gets more and more ridiculous until it becomes clear this is Smash.

If it weren't for the Olympics Committie or whatever that would probably need to approve something like that, that would be STUPENDOUS!

Add shirtless Wario as an alt and we're golden

ACTUALLY, another angle to it is if we are INDEED getting a Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games game for Mario/Sonic... then yeah, hahahaha disguise it as an extension for a trailer for that game and suddenly it just goes from skiing or bobsled riding straight to Smash

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Your reaction:

Non-violently, because they're just characters in a ****ing video game.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Non-violently, because they're just characters in a ****ing video game.
No yelling at random Burger King employees. Just pull up through the drive thru and go "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

".... welcome to Burger King, how can we he-"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

"... erm... are you ok?"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

"Are you alright?"

"NO I'M NOT ALRIGHT! SAKURAI ADDED A CHARACTER I DON'T LIKE! AHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M SO MAD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

"... ookaaaaaay? We can't help you with that, can we get you a Whopper?"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! GET ME SAKURAI'S HEAAAAAAAAAAD! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Then some old guy in a baseball cap gets out of his car from behind and goes "Can you quit yer belly-achin? I want my Whopper..." and then you just EXPLODE "YOU'RE NEXT, OLD MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!" and a fight takes place

Something like that? TOTALLY reasonable response.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
No yelling at random Burger King employees. Just pull up through the drive thru and go "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

"... erm... are you ok?"

"Are you alright?"

"NO I'M NOT ALRIGHT! SAKURAI ADDED A CHARACTER I DON'T LIKE! AHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M SO MAD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! GET ME SAKURAI'S HEAAAAAAAAAAD! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Then some old guy in a baseball cap gets out of his car from behind and goes "Can you quit yer belly-achin? I want my Whopper..." and then you just EXPLODE "YOU'RE NEXT, OLD MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!" and a fight takes place

confused samus.png

... what?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

"... erm... are you ok?"

"Are you alright?"

This is weirdly specific...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom