• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I dunno how accurate glitch theory is because I don’t think anything ever came from Ness and I don’t think anything point to Sephiroth or Pyra/Mythra but it’s interesting at the least. Then again I’m not going to jump the gun and say this is in any way associated with Hayabusa because it could mean nothing or it could mean there’s another character that’s associated with a Bow that’s not Hayabusa coming out.

Glitch theory is a weird theory all around because unless there was evidence pointing towards Min Min, Steve, Sephiroth, AND Pyra then that’s great but if not then it is very random and very selective which seems weird.

Well as an Example, there was Glitch that does seem to have pointed towards Pyra/Mythra

Steve also seemed to be with that Daisy glitch awhile back, perhaps as the mining and pulling stuff out (though I don't know about that one) and Min Min did have that Bayonetta glitch. Yes it does seem like she used Falcon as a Base, but the thing with Glitch theory is that the glitched characters aren't the BASE used for the characters, but rather aspects of that character are used

The only one I'm not sure on is Sephiroth, of the ones you listed

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My guess is Raiden from Metal Gear and Paper Mario
guess for what?

Well as an Example, there was Glitch that does seem to have pointed towards Pyra/Mythra

Steve also seemed to be with that Daisy glitch awhile back, perhaps as the mining and pulling stuff out (though I don't know about that one) and Min Min did have that Bayonetta glitch. Yes it does seem like she used Falcon as a Base, but the thing with Glitch theory is that the glitched characters aren't the BASE used for the characters, but rather aspects of that character are used

The only one I'm not sure on is Sephiroth, of the ones you listed
there was a glitch for Ness too

Last edited:

Kyphlosion16

Smash Rookie
People wanted a Xenoblade character since early ultimate speculation days, that was 3 years ago.

Finally we were heard and thats good. :)

BTW I know that now there are no more reliable leaks but at Sakurai’s last presentation, he mentions that they first thought of putting first Rex with Pyra/Mythra and if you remember that 40 name character list, it mentions Rex. Moreover, it also mentions Arthur and we got a mii costume of him. Maybe it was a simple coincidence (List:https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/8/0/3/AAe0kDAAA_Lz.jpg). If we take out already confirmed fighters, mii costumes and from that same companies, we got a list of 18 characters left:

1) Bandana Waddle Dee (Nintendo)
2) Bill Rizer (Konami)
3) Captain Toad (Nintendo)
4) Doom Slayer (Bethesda)
5) Flynn (Sega)
6) Jibanyan (Level-5)
7) Lana (??)
8) Linkle (Nintendo/Koei-Tecmo)
9) Lloyd (Namco-Bandai)
10) Porky (Nintendo)
11) Professor Layton (Level-5)
12) Rayman (Ubisoft)
13) Ryu Hayabusa (Koei-Tecmo)
14) Shantae (WayFoward)
15) Spyro (Activision-Blizzard)
16) Crash Bandicoot (Activision-Blizzard)
17) Quote (Nicalis)
18) Yuri (Namco-Bandai)

So from this list, which ones do you want as the final 2? I don’t have too much faith in these leak but its possible to suggest that during these past years Nintendo talked with a lot of companies about putting their characters in smash (Bethesda confirms that) and they make a list of possible candidates from each company. They showed Sakurai the list and he chooses the candidates, then negotiations proceed.
Crash and Lloyd would be my top two.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I saw the theory with Ryu's bow, but as sorta mentioned, considering it's Dark Pit and not Pit, doesn't that imply that it uses Dark Pit's more limited control with his bow rather than just a bow in general?

That said, if glitch theory is still going, what's going to be the theme? Duel swords? Bows? A Projectile of some kind?
A bow ya say? An arrow afixing itself to someone's body? Who does that?
c.png

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I saw the theory with Ryu's bow, but as sorta mentioned, considering it's Dark Pit and not Pit, doesn't that imply that it uses Dark Pit's more limited control with his bow rather than just a bow in general?

That said, if glitch theory is still going, what's going to be the theme? Duel swords? Bows? A Projectile of some kind?
...no, don't make me hope for her again. Elma's dead, let her rest in peace :c

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
People wanted a Xenoblade character since early ultimate speculation days, that was 3 years ago.

BTW I know that now there are no more reliable leaks but at Sakurai’s last presentation, he mentions that they first thought of putting first Rex with Pyra/Mythra and if you remember that 40 name character list, it mentions Rex. Moreover, it also mentions Arthur and we got a mii costume of him. Maybe it was a simple coincidence (List:https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/8/0/3/AAe0kDAAA_Lz.jpg). If we take out already confirmed fighters, mii costumes and from that same companies, we got a list of 18 characters left:

2) Bill Rizer (Konami)
5) Flynn (Sega)
6) Jibanyan (Level-5)
7) Lana (??)
9) Lloyd (Namco-Bandai)
10) Porky (Nintendo)
12) Rayman (Ubisoft)
14) Shantae (WayFoward)
17) Quote (Nicalis)
18) Yuri (Namco-Bandai)

So from this list, which ones do you want as the final 2? I don’t have too much faith in these leak but its possible to suggest that during these past years Nintendo talked with a lot of companies about putting their characters in smash (Bethesda confirms that) and they make a list of possible candidates from each company. They showed Sakurai the list and he chooses the candidates, then negotiations proceed.
I know this leak has been debunked repeatedly but...Captain Toad and Bandana Waddle Dee.

I acknowledge they'd be considered the worst overall outcome by many due to being two Nintendo characters, and two Nintendo characters from already repped series at that and thus a waste for the "Ultimate Crossover". I don't care though man. I still like them best from the list. Opinions.

I'd like Spyro too, but no way he's happening unless we get Crash first, so that'd mean we need both for Spyro to happen. Crash is cool, I just prefer Spyro by a wide margin myself.

I'd assume the Lana on the list is Hyrule Warriors one opposed to Pokemon's Lana.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
2) Bill Rizer (Konami)
5) Flynn (Sega)
6) Jibanyan (Level-5)
7) Lana (??)
9) Lloyd (Namco-Bandai)
10) Porky (Nintendo)
12) Rayman (Ubisoft)
14) Shantae (WayFoward)
17) Quote (Nicalis)
18) Yuri (Namco-Bandai)

So from this list, which ones do you want as the final 2?
Bandana Dee and Crash

7NATOR

Smash Master

I know this will sound heavily biased,, but I actually do think it could Potentially be for Shadow the Hedgehog

The Chaos Spears have had Homing capabilities in the Past, and Shadow has been able to Curve his Spears when he throws them. I also don't think he'd be able to do 180's like Pit's can with them, So I Imagine it work closer to Dark Pit's

The main thing with the glitch seems not to be the Bows in particular, but the Homing/Steering aspect of the Arrows themselves, and the fact that Pit isn't glitching could point to it being more limited in control compared to the Free Flow of Pit's Arrows

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
"Dark" Pit being used for the "Ghost" Owl. 🤔

It's Super Effective.
Hehehe I see what you did there

I mean, if the issue is Dark Pit's arrows are somehow getting stuck to his person... you got Decidueye who not only has the feather arrows in his wings, but he fires them with his hoodie string vines. Perhaps the graphical error is born of that or something? (Full disclosure; I don't know JACK about graphics and glitches and stuff, I'm just shooting arrows at the wall and seeing if they stick)

Shroob

Sup?
I know this will sound heavily biased,, but I actually do think it could Potentially be for Shadow the Hedgehog

The Chaos Spears have had Homing capabilities in the Past, and Shadow has been able to Curve his Spears when he throws them. I also don't think he'd be able to do 180's like Pit's can with them, So I Imagine it work closer to Dark Pit's

The main thing with the glitch seems not to be the Bows in particular, but the Homing/Steering aspect of the Arrows themselves, and the fact that Pit isn't glitching could point to it being more limited in control compared to the Free Flow of Pit's Arrows
Everything's Shadow if you stretch hard enough.

SKX31

Smash Master
To play into your analogy, at this point, Cortez is to me like one of those awesome songs that get stuck in your head, but you only remember two seconds and your brain is stuck looping them over and over.

Like, I have the feeling that if I played TimeSplitters today and loved it, the one thing that would stick with me would still be "Time to Split!".

Sgt. Cortez pretty much memed his way into my subconscious and I can't escape it.
Protip: "Time to Split!" is exclusively in Future Perfect (3). Cortez doesn't say it at all in 2 since that game has less focus on the story. Plus, in 2 Cortez transforms into a time-specific character whenever he visits different periods - such as in 2019's Neo-Tokyo (heh. Yeah, that level screams Ghost in the Shell) he'll transform to a character native to 2019.

Wheras in FP he keeps being Cortez regardless of which time period he's in*. Also, In FP it's said in practically every level once. Whether he's in 2401, 1994 or 2052. Gives him quite a lot of corny charm.

*(Some of the characters he transforms into in 2 also appear in FP as the Player 2 characters whom Cortez interacts with. Yeah, Free Radical didn't give that much of a hoot when it comes to consistency.)

I'd honestly say the time between Min Min and Steve was worse, largely because it was a dearth of news on top of Nintendo reveals in generally drying up around that time. The infamous backlash against the first two Partner Showcases demonstrates just how fed up people eventually got by that point.
Hoo boy that's a trip down memory lane:

A) The audience here on this thread was generally way more interested in what was shown in the JP Partner Showcase - especially the first,

B) WWE Battlegrounds is effectively the aftermath of a certain trainwreck (WWE 2K20, which is a well-documented disaster) and was given the spotlight treatment by NoA when it shouldn't have - lets be real.

C) While I personally found it really interesting that Nintendo managed to get World of Tanks on the Switch, I can't say that's the best choice to headline the second Partner Showcase with. It's in that wonky territory where it's a big game, but since most of WoT's playerbase is Russian. It and the other games shown in that Showcase clashed with each other and did raise some questions. Did Nintendo want to prioritize expansion to new demographics / regions? Which audience(s) are they trying to speak to? Etc.

Add to that the ill-concieved decisions to put Bakugan and Pokemon Unite on their own presentations, and yeah it was a really interesting couple months for the worst reasons.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero

2) Bill Rizer (Konami)
5) Flynn (Sega)
6) Jibanyan (Level-5)
7) Lana (??)
9) Lloyd (Namco-Bandai)
10) Porky (Nintendo)
12) Rayman (Ubisoft)
14) Shantae (WayFoward)
17) Quote (Nicalis)
18) Yuri (Namco-Bandai)

Are... Are we really bringing the list back?

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I gave "the list" the benefit of the doubt when they were talking about how Min Min was a special request. I'm sure there is some kind of process where Nintendo or executives or someone along the line put together a list of possibilities and then they can present them to Sakurai and go "Can you make this happen wink wink nudge nudge" as Sakurai talks about.

But after Pyra/Mythra, that list is done IMO. They had other Xenoblade 2 characters on there but not Pyra/Mythra. It's over as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Everything's Shadow if you stretch hard enough.
but I don't think this is much of a stretch though. It could apply to other characters of course, but this particular glitch, if it was for a hypothetical character, does Apply potentially to Shadow, just based of how Dark Pit's arrows function, so It's not like I'm pulling this out of thin air

I didn't even have to think to hard about this one, this one came naturally to me

Shroob

Sup?
At this point, there's likely not many leaks worth bringing up anymore.

The combination of characters we've gotten in this pass have been so far off from typical predictions that not many of the fake leaks have been able to survive.
Only two I can think of being alive are:

Ryu
Tales of Chun Leak

And not like both are without flaws either. Ryu depends on you relying on if Verg's info was about Smash and not 3 Houses related(Or, Byleth), and Tales of Chun can die whenever they bring back the Lloyd costume.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure we fell through a time vortex into what we thought the base game would be. A XB2 rep, an ARMS rep, Decidueye's a possibility...
Hey man, "second chance theory" hehe.

The question is of course... does Decidueye come on his OWN like Incineroar did or does he come as part of a "Legends Arceus Trainer Pack"? The Trainer idea would be like "That's right! The last fighter is actually THREE fighters" so that'd be neat, and in THAT case, how does it go? All three fully evolved to differentiate it from og Pokemon Trainer (please) or some weird mash of, with the understanding that it would at least have to have Decidueye for this to work.

And then of course if Fighter 11 IS Decidueye on his own, no trainer, then does he come with a Legends Arceus stage or perhaps something else? (Late Alola stage, SwSh stage for some reason, New Snap stage, etc)

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I mean, if the idea for glitch theory is that the glitched character is either being used as a base or has something to do with something the character uses, Lloyd would fit both with Dark Pit. I mean, aside from the implied duel swords, Lloyd would be around Dark Pit's size, right? Not to mention similar design features.

But regardless, there's no guarantee it's dual swords or a bow the character has. Considering it's the arrow that's glitched, it could be any kind of projectile.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The big problem with the Glitch theory is that for as much as we try to associate the characters with the ones who had the glitch, none of them have been confirmed to be that way. Ness is not confirmed to have a connection to Steve nor is Daisy confirmed to be used for Pyra/Mythra, it's all completely speculation and is built only on the barest of similarities between the characters. To add to this, we know of one character who was used for a DLC character in Captain Falcon and Min Min, yet we had no known glitches with the former before the latter released, so even if it was the thing it's not reliable.

If it had more concrete evidence pointing towards a glitch leading to a character, then it'd have some leg to stand on, but as is it's entirely based on speculation only.

As for the list, if Min Min didn't KO it when it got punched off the stage, Pyra/Mythra dunked it to make sure of it.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So, I have a question: where does that "DLC is being handled by three teams working on three characters at once" thing come from?

I thought of something and wanted to know about the credibility of this.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Guys

I just realized

the Bayonetta glitch was for Sephiroth all along

:4pacman: :4pacman: :4pacman: idk how many of these I can fit to communicate that this is an obvious joke

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
My last ramble on the whole Dark Pit glitch, namely "Why DARK Pit specifically?"

It COULD be the physics of the projectile, or perhaps even the EFFECT, the darkness effect/color
800px-Spirit_Shackle_VIII.png

Presuming of course it is Decidueye and his Spirit Shackle move has the "dark" effect animation whatever.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Would laugh though if in the end, the ONE MIi costume to be upgrade would be Lloyd.

Heihachi? Pffffffffffff

Monster Hunter? Get out of here

Geno? Not on your life

Lloyd Irving? Yup
Or the better outcome, we get Llyod Mii and Yuri as a fighter (and a velvet mii too for her fans)

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Would laugh though if in the end, the ONE MIi costume to be upgrade would be Lloyd.

Heihachi? Pffffffffffff

Monster Hunter? Get out of here

Geno? Not on your life

Lloyd Irving? Yup
Turns out its Red Shell hat that gets upgraded
KoopaandPara.jpg

Koopa Paratroopa from Double Dash be gettin in guys! Red Shell hat got UPGRADED hahaha!

Ivander

Smash Legend
Gotta say, with DLC nearing the end, it's gonna be a bit of a strange feeling playing SSBU without pondering what's next for the game. Not a bad feeling per se, but one that will take a lot of getting used to.
It will feel strange not having to worry about the next character for Smash Ultimate when the Fighter's Pass is done. But when we start thinking about what the next Smash Bros. will do with it's characters, it'll be fear and anxiety in no time.

SKX31

Smash Master
Return to Monke?
To be Monke
Or not to be Monke
That is the question :4pacman:

Guys

I just realized

the Bayonetta glitch was for Sephiroth all along

:4pacman: :4pacman: :4pacman: idk how many of these I can fit to communicate that this is an obvious joke
As someone who A) Is a :ultcloud: main and B) Already has trouble vs. Bayos online because I swear she does like 60 % per opening consistently:

Don't you dare put that evil on me. The evil thought of Sephiroth doing Bayo combos.

I call that feeling.

A sense of finality.

It feels good.
Considering that Ultimate could last throughout the next console's lifespan with a really large active playerbase (especially if they take steps to fix the online) I wouldn't be surprised if they do a FP3 or Complete Edition, but yeah, it'd feel quite nice to return to that sense of finality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom