• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Alright, wishlist/program/ritual three-in-one time.

Reimu Summoning
  1. Add Reimu Hakurei to Smash
  2. Bring more Touhou games, both official and fanmade, to the Switch
  3. Protect us from Crei-Mos discussion that will inevitably follow
  4. If Reimu is not in Smash, activate Adol Summoning
Adol Summoning
  1. Add Adol Christin to Smash.
  2. Add more Ys games to the Switch
  3. Make everyone sold on Adol to avoid the "Fireless Roy" comparisons
  4. If Adol is not in Smash, activate Reimu Summoning

Polan

Smash Lord
Actual leaked transcript.
Nintendo Execs: Hey Sakurai, we know you're hard at work on Sephiroth and [REDACTED], but we want to talk to you about seven characters we just negotiated for.
Sakurai:
View attachment 303362
there will no reveal tomorrow, just sakurai staring at the camera and mumbling angrily to himself.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Alright, wishlist/program/ritual three-in-one time.

Reimu Summoning
  1. Add Reimu Hakurei to Smash
  2. Bring more Touhou games, both official and fanmade, to the Switch
  3. Protect us from Crei-Mos discussion that will inevitably follow
  4. If Reimu is not in Smash, activate Adol Summoning
Adol Summoning
  1. Add Adol Christin to Smash.
  2. Add more Ys games to the Switch
  3. Make everyone sold on Adol to avoid the "Fireless Roy" comparisons
  4. If Adol is not in Smash, activate Reimu Summoning
What happens if neither happens?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Oh yeah, just remembered what 'laugh theory' was. Have Sakurai's responses to Smash announcement tweets ever meant anything?
I think he said he had red eyes before the August Direct in 2018 (the reveal of the Belmonts and K. Rool), but to be fair that’s of course just one instance, and his eyes were probably actually a little red + he does stay up to work a lot...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Oh yeah, just remembered what 'laugh theory' was. Have Sakurai's responses to Smash announcement tweets ever meant anything?
Sakurai made a comment about his eyes being red before the August 8th Smash Direct, and people thought it was a reference to (among other things, I'm sure) K. Rool's bloodshot eye or the song Bloody Tears from Castlevania. That could have been a coincidence, though, and that might be all there is as far as announcement tweets go.

D

Deleted member

I don't think I can handle another year and a half of speculation, so for selfish reasons, I really hope that there isn't another fighter's pass.

I don't expect a Sword and Shield because of the earlier Spirit Event.
Was Cinderace one of the Spirits in that event?

Also? Min Min Spirit says Hi.

Last edited by a moderator:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Games aimed primarily at "Other" regions still feels like a massive longshot, but can't rule out that when a couple such games have made it into the Switch's library. One of those was featured in a Partner Showcase: World of Tanks (which is mainly popular in Russia and its CIS / former Soviet neighbors).
If they do do something like this, they'll probably be region exclusive given previous examples.

That's the thing. The program keeps looping around until one of them activate, thus ensuring me a victory. It's foolproof.

Heheheheheheheheheh...
No! Bad SharkLord! You're gonna freeze up reality with an infinite loop!

Dinoman96

Smash Master
But yeah, while I don't have super high expectations for CP9, I do hope we get some more substantial Smash news tomorrow, with the way they're kinda building it up.

Something like a new mode, or dare I say an FP3 announcement (or at least the announcement of more characters coming after FP2).

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
(LoL would probably likewise go with one of its trailer themes. Have to consult with [/USER] 3BitSaurus 3BitSaurus .)
That largely depends on who it is. They could just go with a more general approach, like the Worlds theme, but maybe they could also go for one of the login screens, which have quite a few bangers in their midst. Alternatively, some events, like Star Guardian, have become so big their themes could very well be used too.
Oooor, we could just hear "A lot of people want me dead. They call it 'justice'. I'm the only one who knows the truth." as soon as the trailer starts. :4pacman:

But seriously, It's practically impossible to pin one specific LoL theme for every possible character, unless they go the Worlds approach, like I said, or make an all-new remix of Summoner's Rift. Who knows.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I personally can't really grasp the idea of a potential FP3 reveal when there's still three (two after tomorrow) characters under wraps for FP2, and FP2 being announced alongside the last fighter last time. I'd reckon they'd milk FP2 until the very end, a new pass would just overshadow the remainder of this pass. But maybe that's just me.

If there's something beyond CP9, it'll probably be a new mode or something.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Right before Sephiroth's reveal he asked us to please listen to the trailer with sound.
Which probably wasn't a hint to Sephiroth so much as it was a heads up for the dialogue heavy trailer.

From what I can gather, Sakurai's tweets and the like do hint at the next fighter, but they're so vague and obscure that it only becomes apparent in hindsight and we won't be able to determine anything from it.
If the laugh was a direct hint it'd be like, Karin or Tron or something.

...Which is to say that it's not a direct hint.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I personally can't really grasp the idea of a potential FP3 reveal when there's still three (two after tomorrow) characters under wraps for FP2, and FP2 being announced alongside the last fighter last time. I'd reckon they'd milk FP2 until the very end, a new pass would just overshadow the remainder of this pass. But maybe that's just me.

If there's something beyond CP9, it'll probably be a new mode or something.
FP2 was announced with Terry, the 4th fighter of his pass. If FP3 was announced tomorrow, it’d be announced alongside the 4th Fighter again.

D

Deleted member

But yeah, while I don't have super high expectations for CP9, I do hope we get some more substantial Smash news tomorrow, with the way they're kinda building it up.

Something like a new mode, or dare I say an FP3 announcement (or at least the announcement of more characters coming after FP2).
In all fairness, we're the ones building it up. All they've said is one small tweet about a Direct with info about Available games like Super Smash Bros. and games coming in 2021. That's it; I wouldn't really classify that as 'building up'.

Exact Tweet since it was last posted 10 pages ago already

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Which probably wasn't a hint to Sephiroth so much as it was a heads up for the dialogue heavy trailer.

I mean, it was subtitled, so I don't think it was the dialogue as much as it was the One Winged Angel theme.

Last edited:

Momentary

Smash Cadet
So old leaks usually have some substance right? We know there were "leaks" about RE and MH getting in and now they got content of some sort atleast. However one name/series that popped up that still has 0 representation at all is Devil May Cry. It's weird to me that the series still hasn't gotten Spirits, Mii's or anything even though it's Capcom's 4th biggest franchise. I think its possible that of there's no Capcom content whether it's mii's or character Dante could be one of the more likelier characters to appear due to it being DMC's 20th anniversary and Capcom's close relationship with Nintendo.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I think it was more so the song that it would be recognized immediately

also before Steve, he said something about Festivals. That one threw me off as I don’t see how festivals correlate to Minecraft. If anything I was thinking Octoling cause Splatfests are just called “Fes” (short for Festival) in Japan

SKX31

Smash Master
From what I can gather, Sakurai's tweets and the like do hint at the next fighter, but they're so vague and obscure that it only becomes apparent in hindsight and we won't be able to determine anything from it.
Considering that this:

Was somehow 17 in ****ing binary because he lives, eats and breathes programming language I'm pretty sure that Sakurai is so vague because he's got comprehension far ahead of anyone else.

No wonder he created Kirby. :4pacman:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Binary counting intensifies.

Edit: :ultgreninja:

Dr. Eggman does the snobby girl laugh?
I did NOT need that cursed mental image, Puppy. :roll:

Last edited:

Momentary

Smash Cadet
One thing I wanted to point out from a friend that sticks out to me aswell. Steve and Banjo both came and went without Master Chief as atleast a mii. which is weird considering that's Microsoft's Xbox

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
One thing I wanted to point out from a friend that sticks out to me aswell. Steve and Banjo both came and went without Master Chief as atleast a mii. which is weird considering that's Microsoft's Xbox
Well, he's obviously not getting a Mii due to how big it is, and I think that it would be weird to add him without porting Ultimate to the Xbox Series X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom