• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The more I think about it the more I think that tomorrow we'll finally see our first new Zelda character since Melee. Zelda 1's 35th anniversary is days away and they are gonna have a huge Zelda presence this year I feel. Plus aside from Terry 3rd party characters almost get announced in Smash dedicated directs, E3s, and TGAs, and I feel we are due for at least one more 1st party rep.

Probably completely wrong though and we'll get Goku
Assuming it is a Zelda rep, who would you think it would be?

If we discount the Assist Trophies (sorry Midna, Skull Kid, David Bowie and THE MOON) the options that I see are as follows
  1. A Breath of the Wild character (could cross over with another category)
  2. Impa (specific version or amalgamation)
  3. Another iteration of Zelda or Ganondorf
  4. A fourth Link because why not at this point? DBFZ keeps adding more Gokus and it's doing alright.
  5. The one Zelda character to lose their AT status... He who wears the tights...

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I just realized how weird that tweets wording is. It sounds kinda like something out of the norm is happening to Smash. I don’t wanna jump the gun with FP3 or anything, but maybe some standalone Stage DLC could get announced as well?
Ooooh a bunch of returning stages. That would be cool.

Mapusaurus

Smash Apprentice
I always felt the bonus costume for FP2 being in the Ancient Soldier outfit pretty much killed the chances of a Zelda rep right then and there.

It'd be like if Ninjara was the bonus for FP2 even though they were going to be adding Min Min later.
exactly waht i was saying, but people always just move past arguements like these

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Assuming it is a Zelda rep, who would you think it would be?

If we discount the Assist Trophies (sorry Midna, Skull Kid, David Bowie and THE MOON) the options that I see are as follows
  1. A Breath of the Wild character (could cross over with another category)
  2. Impa (specific version or amalgamation)
  3. Another iteration of Zelda or Ganondorf
  4. A fourth Link because why not at this point? DBFZ keeps adding more Gokus and it's doing alright.
  5. The one Zelda character to lose their AT status... He who wears the tights...
If we do end up with a Zelda rep I have only one option for it:

Unknown.jpeg

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I just realized how weird that tweets wording is. It sounds kinda like something out of the norm is happening to Smash. I don’t wanna jump the gun with FP3 or anything, but maybe some standalone Stage DLC could get announced as well?
That would be sweet too. Maybe a Gen 8 Pokemon Stage and we can see Galar with some textures made after the year 1999 for once.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
They’d probably patch it in for free like Small Battlefield, and if they did I kinda want the WoL boss stages (Galleom’s like in Joker’s trailer, Rathalos’s, Dracula’s which is essentially a modified Castlevania stage), Marx, Ganon, and of course the final Galeem/Dharkon stage

and the possession effects while you’re at it like in hero’s trailer
I always felt the bonus costume for FP2 being in the Ancient Soldier outfit pretty much killed the chances of a Zelda rep right then and there.

It'd be like if Ninjara was the bonus for FP2 even though they were going to be adding Min Min later.
been thinking the same, like why we didn’t get a Xenoblade series character in pass 1 cuz Rex’s costume was the bonus.

that said I still hope Elma happens eventually... 🥺

D

Deleted member

Is it too much to hope for new Pokeballs (to represent Gen 8) and maybe the return of Pokefloats? I'd gladly accept that in lieu of a new character.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Some standalone Stage DLC would be nice. Maybe a batch of Mii costumes. Maybe something else entirely.

If we do get a FP3 I imagine the announcement would be near the end of the pass, not in the technical middle of it.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Anyone hoping for anything beyond the Smash Bros. fighter tomorrow?

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity DLC is definitely on my list of wants.
I'm always hoping for another F-Zero or Star Fox... or the possibility that THQ Nordic announces a TimeSplitters trilogy in a Nintendo direct.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Some standalone Stage DLC would be nice. Maybe a batch of Mii costumes. Maybe something else entirely.

If we do get a FP3 I imagine the announcement would be near the end of the pass, not in the technical middle of it.
Speaking as someone who don't believe it's going to happen, I could see a FP3 announcement happening tomorrow if they're concerned that the next FP2 fighters might cause some potential backlash because "coveted final slots".

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Clearly it's Sol Badguy time. The Guilty Gear Strive beta started hours ago and will last until the weekend, then there's that Grinch Leak 2.0 that recently popped up, which obviously wasn't fake at all, and it featured Sol.

Cool fan art of Sol made by hungry_clicker btw (this guy's art is amazing)

How could anyone be angry if this absolute chad was the Smash reveal?

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

Perhaps a Sonic Anniversary announcement of some kind. If there's a "Sonic GBA Collection" coming, this would be a place to announce that. Or if a Beijing 2022 Olympics really is coming, that too.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm always hoping for another F-Zero or Star Fox... or the possibility that THQ Nordic announces a TimeSplitters trilogy in a Nintendo direct.
God what I'd give for a TimeSplitters trilogy release for Switch. May need to give the first game a bit of a graphical polish first though.

D

Deleted member

Of course, plenty:
Recap of Mario 3D World + Bowser's a Furry
Tune in Next week for a X minute Pokemon Direct next week (for Pokemon Day on 25th)
Chrono Trigger is coming to the SNES online Library
Zelda Bundle HD Port
Metroid 4 Update Info
Breath of the Wild 2 Update
Mario Odyssey 2 announcement
New Mario Golf Game (or another Sport)
Mario Party Switch Free Map Update (because we need more than 4; the minigames in it are actually pretty fun)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Realistic:
  • March release date for CP9
  • A tease for a potential Pokemon day announcement
  • Zelda 35th news
  • Something that'll make people call the Direct trash even though they weren't promised what they want
  • Memes
  • A final farewell before Mario dies at the end of March/s
Hopeful:
  • Cash Banooca is CP9
  • Other Kingdom Hearts games on Switch (doesn't even have to be III)
  • Teaser for a new mainline Kirby game
  • N64, GCN or GBA games on NSO
  • Fighters Pass Vol. 3 teaser
  • New Sonic collection for Switch
  • A teaser for a Switch successor

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I wonder what person on what website will leak the character 10 minutes before the direct start.
And this is the part where I say stan u/practicalbrush12

granted he didn’t know about Sephiroth but he did know about Byleth, Steve and MH Rise soooo

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Clearly it's Sol Badguy time. The Guilty Gear Strive beta started hours ago and will last until the weekend, then there's that Grinch Leak 2.0 that recently popped up, which obviously wasn't fake at all, and it featured Sol.

Cool fan art of Sol made by hungry_clicker btw (this guy's art is amazing)

How could anyone be angry if this absolute chad was the Smash reveal?
People getting mad at Sol Badguy joining Smash would be bull**** BLAZING! STILL MY HEART IS BLAZING!

Ivander

Smash Legend
Here we go:

Who said Directs were dead?
Dun dun dun. It's that time again.
G-guys...?

remind me again what game series rhymes with “Hoho”?
I do not blame Sakurai when he mentioned how almost everything said by him is likened to Smash Bros, but man, those "Hoho"s sound so frickin' specific. Like it is rhyming with something? Is it pointing to a series with a character who likes to laugh or "Ohohohoho"? Like he could've just said something about how he's excited for the showing or something more casual or less enigmatic, but he had to say "Hoho. If there is information of Smash Bros. Hoho."
It doesn't help that this comes after Sakurai did his tweet before Sephiroth's showing that people should turn up their volume, which pointed to One Winged Angel, one of the most recognisable Video game songs.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

granted he didn’t know about Sephiroth but he did know about Byleth, Steve and MH Rise soooo
Whatever happen, I probably avoid it for surprise sake, unless it leak SUPER early.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So PushDustIn, in between pushing all that dust in, translated that Sakurai tweet.

MasaBeavis SakuHead.png

Heh heh heh... the way he translated it brought to mind Beavis "heh heh heh"
CMfkjBuVAAApPyI.jpg

"Heh heh heh hey Butt-head heh heh heh who's gonna be in Smash?"

"Uhhh huh huh huh you said Smash huh huh huh"

"Ohhhh yeah heh heh heh heh heh"

SKX31

Smash Master
...The heck? Seven whole pages while I was asleep? I got up a little last today but surely HOOOLYYY SH

uyrsfejiohfjdrhgfjdawfhvblcnkjjjYESYESuoghfe;wjiw'od;fuojbdwnjoihedvfhwbkdlhj/oiguydhsuidlvhcbdusjiwhygvU9AAHAHAHAHAHHAHJIQWDBN;JOKWsjk
Welcome to Direct Time! We accept no subsitutions, exchanges or refunds!

Whatever happen, I probably avoid it for surprise sake, unless it leak SUPER early.
We're going to wind up constantly F5ing Zhuge's Twitter page 10 mins before the Direct starts, aren't we?

my electricity came back just in time for the direct announcement

i am the chosen one
An electric character confirmed. :4pacman:

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Now in a more serious note, very happy for the Direct. I wasn't expecting a general Direct until at least E3 season.

That said, I'm the only one who feels that the wording about Smash in the tweet is a bit strange? If it's a character reveal, why not say just that? I'm probably dramatizing here but to me it feels like the Smash part could be a different thing. Maybe a big update even if they said they were not going to add new modes? Maybe another guessing game for CP9 and that's why they avoided saying "new character reveal? Maybe there's an actual character reveal AND even more Smash news beyond that?

Just spitballing lol

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Months ago I dreamed we had a direct and it had Kiryu as the next fighter and an Advance Wars revival, and since I dreamed Ken was in before he got in, clearly we're getting Kiryu and Advance Wars tomorrow
Don't threaten me with a good time.

Yes, I agree. It has the tone of "oh y'all ain't EVEN ready" Smug Sakurai is best Sakurai.

EDIT: give FP3 and Pokefloats 2

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So PushDustIn, in between pushing all that dust in, translated that Sakurai tweet.

View attachment 303346

Heh heh heh... the way he translated it brought to mind Beavis "heh heh heh"
View attachment 303347

"Heh heh heh hey Butt-head heh heh heh who's gonna be in Smash?"

"Uhhh huh huh huh you said Smash huh huh huh"

"Ohhhh yeah heh heh heh heh heh"
I AM SMASHOLIO! I need FP for my bunghole!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom