• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What if the copyright leaks, like it did for SNK.

and it's SONY
Uh-oh, did somebody say KNACK?

Admittedly, I haven't played many Sony franchises (I've been meaning to change that; I've played a bit of God of War 1 and Uncharted 1 recently, but I only have a PS3, so I can't play the newest God of War game), but it'd be neat to see who they would add.

I'd think the front-runners would be Kratos (I'm not familiar enough with the new God of War game to know if Atreus would be a puppet fighter or not) or Ratchet and Clank, though maybe Kat from Gravity Rush could get in? (I think that game is popular, but I've never played it)

Then again, Horizon Zero Dawn isn't even Sony-exclusive any more despite being a Sony franchise, so for all I know, we could get Aloy. I don't know enough about Sony's franchises to be sure - my main experience on that front is Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, which is a little outdated.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Eldrake

Smash Lord
HO HO HA HA
Going by that voiceline, Sniper from Dota 2 (who's voiced by TF2 Heavy / Demoman) confirmed. Aka. one of the most toxic Dota 2 characters. :4pacman:
Incidentally, I was thinking about how Rubick would work in Smash.
For those who don't know, Rubick's gimmick is that he can copy the last spell that his enemy used. Which basically meant that I was imagining Rubick using Ridley's Skewer, the Falcon Punch, The Bowser Bomb, Sephiroth's Octaslash, Hero's Entire Arsenal of Random Spells, Yoshi's Neutral Special-okay that mental image is horrifying.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
GHVGCDSGHKGKJSHSRADSDDFSGSDGFHC-

WHAT DO YOU MEAN GENERAL DIRECTS ARE BACK
I'm pretty hyped about the Direct tomorrow. As for Smash, I already got K. Rool, Joker, and Sephiroth so I'm okay no matter who makes it in. I'm not really expecting any of my other favorites to get in but I'd be happy to be wrong.

Here is my unlikely wish list for Smash characters:

Rash/Pimple/Zitz (Battletoads)
Magus (Chrono Trigger)
Zegram Ghart (Rogue Galaxy)
Gengar (Pokemon)
Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors)
Velvet Crowe (Tales of Berseria)
Illidan Stormrage (Warcraft)
Sarah Kerrigan (Starcraft)
Diablo (Diablo)
Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
Bill Rizer/Lance Bean (Contra)
Raziel (Soul Reaver)
Death (Darksiders)
Elma (Xenoblade X)
Nia & Dromarch (Xenoblade 2)
Akira Howard (Astral Chain)
H'aanit (Octopath Traveller)
Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
Etna (Disgaea)
Impa (Legend of Zelda)
Medusa (Kid Icarus)
Dixie & Kiddy Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
Goomba/Goombella (Super Mario/Paper Mario)
Ansem/Xemnas (Kingdom Hearts)
Good man

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
Quickly threw up a Nintendo Direct bingo card after getting back from my daily run:
2021.02.16-15.54.png
I tried to make this about new announcements, and I'm aware it's missing a few things, most notably anything Ace Attorney related. Keep in mind that I'm not actually predicting most of this and that this was mostly for fun.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Quickly threw up a Nintendo Direct bingo card after getting back from my daily run:
I tried to make this about new announcements, and I'm aware it's missing a few things, most notably anything Ace Attorney related. Keep in mind that I'm not actually predicting most of this and that this was mostly for fun.
Xenoblade X port
don’t do that. Don’t give me hope...

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I'm pretty hyped about the Direct tomorrow. As for Smash, I already got K. Rool, Joker, and Sephiroth so I'm okay no matter who makes it in. I'm not really expecting any of my other favorites to get in but I'd be happy to be wrong.

Here is my unlikely wish list for Smash characters:

Rash/Pimple/Zitz (Battletoads)
Magus (Chrono Trigger)
Zegram Ghart (Rogue Galaxy)
Gengar (Pokemon)
Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors)
Velvet Crowe (Tales of Berseria)
Illidan Stormrage (Warcraft)
Sarah Kerrigan (Starcraft)
Diablo (Diablo)
Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
Bill Rizer/Lance Bean (Contra)
Raziel (Soul Reaver)
Death (Darksiders)
Elma (Xenoblade X)
Nia & Dromarch (Xenoblade 2)
Akira Howard (Astral Chain)
H'aanit (Octopath Traveller)
Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
Etna (Disgaea)
Impa (Legend of Zelda)
Medusa (Kid Icarus)
Dixie & Kiddy Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
Goomba/Goombella (Super Mario/Paper Mario)
Ansem/Xemnas (Kingdom Hearts)
I only really want:
Waluigi
Dixie Kong
Brittany
Ruby Heart
Kris Deltarune.
If any of those five were to happen, I would be extremely hype. Too bad none of them are that likely. ****!

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Here we go:

Who said Directs were dead?
The wording here is pretty weird "focused on games like smash bros ultimate" i think we're getting more than just a character but honestly i'm fine with whatever since it's now a direct, they can put in freddy from FNAF and id still be happy.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
The wording here is pretty weird "focused on games like smash bros ultimate" i think we're getting more than just a character but honestly i'm fine with whatever since it's now a direct, they can put in freddy from FNAF and id still be happy.
I think "focused on games like smash ultimate" just means Smash isn't the only game getting new content

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
For the people who are guessing characters, what music do you think we'll get in their trailer? (try to stick to links to avoid slowing down the page)

If we get Ryu Hayabusa, I feel like Unbreakable Determination has to be in there in some form.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
For the people who are guessing characters, what music do you think we'll get in their trailer? (try to stick to links to avoid slowing down the page)

If we get Ryu Hayabusa, I feel like Unbreakable Determination has to be in there in some form.
Reimu: a remix of Maiden’s Cappricio. Maybe they’ll go all out and commission a doujin circle to do a vocal cover
Ahri: a League of Legends medley with maybe POP/STARS and/or MORE in there somewhere
Octoling: Fly Octo Fly ~ Ebb & Flow (Octo) I WILL ACCEPT NO OTHER OUTCOME.
KOS-MOS (with possible T-elos alt): a remix of the Xenosaga 1 battle theme
Elma: UNCONTROLLABLE OR BUST.

SKX31

Smash Master

Predictions:

Crash: N. Sanity Beach
Reimu (also a Want): Have to consult with SharkLord on this one, partly since there's a lot of Touhou music.
Dante (also a Want): I'm assuming an instrumental version of Subhuman. That or instrumetal version of Taste the Blood.

Wants:

Dota 2: Main theme / Theme at Gamescon 2011 (LoL would probably likewise go with one of its trailer themes. Have to consult with 3BitSaurus.)
Civilization: Baba Yetu (Civ IV - that song legit gained Iconic status by being the first video game song to win a Grammy) or Sogno di Volare (Civ VI, with lyrics by Leonardo da Vinci. Not kidding.)
Tracer: Overwatch theme.
Chief: Halo's main theme of course.
KOS MOS: She's coming back, partly because it's her theme in Project X Zone 2.
Cortez: Future Perfect's Title Screen.

Lyncario

Smash Ace

I don't really have an ideaof who would be revealed, but for some of my most wanted,

Reimu: Begins with Eternal Shrine Maiden before going to Maiden's Capricio
Demi-Fiend: Fierce Battle
Sora: The 13th dilemna, and also KH3 Dearly Beloved if Roxas shows up
Phoenix Wright: Cornered

I don't really have an idea for anyone else tho.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
This is one hell of a way to wake up.
Sticking to my guns here.
I predict the Fighter Tomorrow will be Phoenix Wright.

As well, Zelda is probably the easiest thing to predict. But I feel like Metroid may get some love as well. Aside from that, it seems like Nintendos main focus is on already announced games and DLC.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
I'll admit: I'm now really starting to doubt Monster Hunter's chances. A new game doesn't mean a new Smash character, and if the Hunter were to get in, it'd be because Monster Hunter is iconic, not because Rise is coming soon. I could easily see Rise getting a Spirit Event while the costumes from Smash 4 return in a future Challenger Pack.

I still made that prediction, though, so I'm gonna stick to it until the day Rise gets Spirited.

Edit: I know what I forgot to put on my bingo card - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity DLC. Been waiting for it since the game's launch. How did I miss that one?

Last edited:

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
The more I think about it the more I think that tomorrow we'll finally see our first new Zelda character since Melee. Zelda 1's 35th anniversary is days away and they are gonna have a huge Zelda presence this year I feel. Plus aside from Terry 3rd party characters almost get announced in Smash dedicated directs, E3s, and TGAs, and I feel we are due for at least one more 1st party rep.

Probably completely wrong though and we'll get Goku

Gengar84

Smash Hero
The more I think about it the more I think that tomorrow we'll finally see our first new Zelda character since Melee. Zelda 1's 35th anniversary is days away and they are gonna have a huge Zelda presence this year I feel. Plus aside from Terry 3rd party characters almost get announced in Smash dedicated directs, E3s, and TGAs, and I feel we are due for at least one more 1st party rep.

Probably completely wrong though and we'll get Goku
I don't think Goku is completely impossible but I do think if there was any chance at all, it would only be as the very last DLC character. It would be really weird to get Goku and then go back to normal expected characters for the rest.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I think the latter half of this pass is going to be more experimental and... weird. it's just the feeling im getting.
Do you experiment/weird in terms of mechanics? Or weird in terms of character choice? I actually think this pass is going to continue on strong. I'm still placing my bets on Chun-Li at this point. I think we're due for another fighting game character, and
Direct tomorrow. Full size. 50 minutes.

How sweet that knowledge feels.

Unfortunately, the timing means I have to wait until 5pm for my timezone. So I have to get through work today AND tomorrow before I can watch it. it's going to be super slow.

Nothing got leaked for the last 4 fighters, so it's hard to imagine we'll suddenly get a last second legitimate leak for this, so I have to just wait patiently. And that's even IF there's an actual Smash reveal. I might just be setting my hype up for failure lol.

Just imagine we all wait for tomorrow and all it mentions for Smash is recapping that Sephiroth was released, saying how great the game is doing, and that's it lol. Like, no teaser for a Sakurai Presents or anything; just 'Smash is pretty cool, amirite?!' then on to something else entirely lol.
They wouldn't have called out smash specifically in the announcement if that was thier plan.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I always felt the bonus costume for FP2 being in the Ancient Soldier outfit pretty much killed the chances of a Zelda rep right then and there.

It'd be like if Ninjara was the bonus for FP2 even though they were going to be adding Min Min later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom