• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Honestly not certain on the next character being revealed tomorrow given Sephiroth we got little over two months ago not to mention the next amiibos comes out next month to coincide with the theory.

A tease at the very least would be nice.
The announcement litterally mentioned "Smash Ultimate" as a games being showcased

We're definitely getting the next character

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I'm pretty hyped about the Direct tomorrow. As for Smash, I already got K. Rool, Joker, and Sephiroth so I'm okay no matter who makes it in. I'm not really expecting any of my other favorites to get in but I'd be happy to be wrong.

Here is my unlikely wish list for Smash characters:

Rash/Pimple/Zitz (Battletoads)
Magus (Chrono Trigger)
Zegram Ghart (Rogue Galaxy)
Gengar (Pokemon)
Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors)
Velvet Crowe (Tales of Berseria)
Illidan Stormrage (Warcraft)
Sarah Kerrigan (Starcraft)
Diablo (Diablo)
Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
Bill Rizer/Lance Bean (Contra)
Raziel (Soul Reaver)
Death (Darksiders)
Elma (Xenoblade X)
Nia & Dromarch (Xenoblade 2)
Akira Howard (Astral Chain)
H'aanit (Octopath Traveller)
Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
Etna (Disgaea)
Impa (Legend of Zelda)
Medusa (Kid Icarus)
Dixie & Kiddy Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
Goomba/Goombella (Super Mario/Paper Mario)
Ansem/Xemnas (Kingdom Hearts)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Whelp nevermind the tweet mentions Smash Ultimate being involved.

Looks like yet again another pattern/theory broken. There goes amiibo theory I guess.
The announcement litterally said "more news on Smash Ultimate"

We're definitely getting the next character
Apparently didn't see that. Whelp I'm excited then!

Last edited:

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
I have no guesses on what may be shown tomorrow for Smash. Every single time people went with "Safe" or "Obvious" options it exploded hard in their face. And Sakurai is shown to be a bit of a wildcard.

It can be another big third party. It can be a 1st party. It can be someone well known. It can be someone "Niche"(Hate using this term due to this fanbase, admittedly). Can be someone more Western oriented or more Japanese oriented. Or it can be another Arms-esque situation of them giving us a hint and telling us to stay tuned later.

It's legit hard to guess who or what may be shown related to Smash now. A direct would be the perfect time for a more "Lowkey" character in the sense that they're either not as well known or they're not a family name kind of character. At least this is my opinion.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just noticed the direct is tomorrow, February 17th. Guess what other game came out on February 17th?
View attachment 303306
(Don't give me hope Nintendo)
Would much prefer Phoenix Wright or Amaterasu but I definitely wouldn't mind Dante. Not exactly a character I want but still would be excited for.

There's no denying he's video game persona and without a doubt would be very fun to play as coming with a fun moveset.

D

Deleted member

It's kind of ironic that not only a few days ago, people were explaining why Nintendo Directs were dead and why we'd probably never see them again.
Which is really weird becuase it it honestly felt like Directs were the way of the future (so to speak) since it was a better way to garner attention and release info to mass audiences. granted, having something better than repeated Partner Directs over and over again would have been better, but the Direct Format was always a good idea.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I have no guesses on what may be shown tomorrow for Smash. Every single time people went with "Safe" or "Obvious" options it exploded hard in their face. And Sakurai is shown to be a bit of a wildcard.

It can be another big third party. It can be a 1st party. It can be someone well known. It can be someone "Niche"(Hate using this term due to this fanbase, admittedly). Can be someone more Western oriented or more Japanese oriented. Or it can be another Arms-esque situation of them giving us a hint and telling us to stay tuned later.

It's legit hard to guess who or what may be shown related to Smash now. A direct would be the perfect time for a more "Lowkey" character in the sense that they're either not as well known or they're not a family name kind of character. At least this is my opinion.
Considering that the last Direct reveal was Terry, I completely agree with you.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Never caught the Smash Ultimate bit. Yeah, we're definitely getting the next fighter.
KOS-MOS or Reimu, is my guess. But, we'll see!

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If amiibo theory dies tomorrow then I'm definitely seeing the Sm4sh Mii pattern potentially breaking with Lloyd or Monster Hunter.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
So the direct has been announced, and we have 2 leaks that have been right so far. One is 5chan that got Sephiroth right that has
Crash, Reimu, and KOS-MOS
after Steve's reveal. The other is 4chan that got the first 3 right that has
Doomslayer, Ryu Hayabusa, and Rayman
before Min Min's. So if the reveal turned out a fighter from one of the 2 leaks, then that one will be most likely be true.

Staarih

Smash Master
I feel like it's too early for that
Yeah, anyone who thinks tomorrow's Smash news isn't related to CP9 is kidding themselves imo. It's the next logical step.

So do you think its agreed amiibo theory is dead then?
I mean, the fighter could still be released in March even if revealed tomorrow, so I don't know where that would stand.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
New direct tomorow, huh? Can't say I expected that one that soon. I'd liek to watch it live tomorow, but it will go live at 11 pm in frnace, and I have a terrible sleep shcedule I want to fix, so I'll have to watch it the morning after instead. Oh well, good luck to everyone to have their most wanted revealed!

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So the direct has been announced, and we have 2 leaks that have been right so far. One is 5chan that got Sephiroth right that has
before Min Min's. So if the reveal turned out a fighter from one of the 2 leaks, then that one will be most likely be true.
I think that both are fake.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
Eh, if we get Crash or Hayabusa, I don’t really think it does much for any of those leaks, since a lot of people have been guessing those two.

SKX31

Smash Master
League of Legends, guessing game character.
If that nightmarish scenario happens I want 3BitSaurus 3BitSaurus to transform into his true form and wreak havoc.

What's his true form you may ask? Well, it's this I assume:

1613489039267.png

:4pacman:

Pokemon Guessing Game

BotW Guessing Game
Worst case scenario: All three guessing games are the remaining FP2 characters.

It'd be a long cavalcade of stupidity throughout the Net.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Gut feeling keeps bringing me to the 5chan leak, but that's only, again, gut feeling. If it survives tomorrow, though - then that's a wrap.
Well, unless it ends up being Crash. Crash is such a speculated-on character that I don't think that would be quite enough to get it out of the woods.
KOS-MOS or Reimu though? That's game, set, and match.

Last edited:

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
I ain't throwing in a guess because with the exception of Min Min and Hero, every single time we had a character reveal, everyone's guesses were way off the mark or were in denial. The fanbase does not have a good track record of character guesses and I am keeping my mind open.

But if there are some characters who'd personally make me jump in excitement: Reimu, Sol Badguy, or Kazuma Kiryu.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I'm just expecting a more low key Nintendo or third party character here: someone like Cinderace or Ryu Hayabusa.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Kinda funny that Nintendo specifically stated that Smash Ultimate is one of the segment in the direct which means it isn't just an update.
I would say that there would be a chance for Fighters Pass 3, but that is just out there, and wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom