• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

zferolie

Smash Hero
But the questions are would Sakurai want to do a third pass, and would Nintendo do a third pass without Sakurai?
Honestly, as much of a bad thing this is, sakurai is a workaholic, and he seems to view this game as his swan song. If nintendo lets him keep making it, he will, regardless of his health.

I also feel like he made a promise to his friend Iwata before he passed about making this game as the best smash game ever. No quotes on that, but its a gut feeling. They had to be in pre production of this game when iwata passed i think

Staarih

Smash Master
We might not get a new reveal here. It might just be a Sakurai Presents announcement or even the reveal of a third Fighter Pass.
Even so, better than not knowing anything at all. Unneeded pessimism, really. I personally think we'll get the reveal trailer and Sakurai Presents occurring sometime later. But honestly, a Direct in itself is a godsend, I just wanna know what Nintendo has cooking up for the future.

I can feel in the pit of my stomach it's a Pokemon. Nintendo and Game Freak would be dumb enough to push a Gen 8 pokemon on us as the Gen is on the way out.
And with Pokemon Day just around the corner... it was always going to be Cinderace, wasn't it? 🙃

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It would actually make a ton of sense, especially if they purposefully left the pokemon character to be revealed for the 35th anniversary.
You mean 25th, and they've never tied reveals to anniversaries before with the sole exception of Little Mac.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Shout-out to all the users who are going to be unable to sleep because the direct is going be almost midnight for some.

Totally not saying this because i'm one of those peoples...
i've won but at what cost wario.png

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
'Nintendo Direct' is already #2 on Twitter trending in the UK, behind only 'Pancake Day'.

As for who I think it is, the Stevecord is hosting a contest where people reply to one of the admins with their character prediction, and if they're right they get a special role for a week after the character launches. I said Sol Badguy within about 20 seconds, then another 20 seconds later I remembered I predicted the Hunter for CP9 or 10. As Daisuke Ishiwatari said in a mini-documentary I saw on YouTube the other day, 'oh well, it'll be okay'.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I'd be surprised if they announced a Sakurai presents and didn't reveal the character. While they've done mystery Smash reveals that's typically been either for the Game Awards (Joker, Sephiroth) or when there was no general direct around the time (Byleth, Min Min, Steve). I don't even Nintendo would purposely tease it out, especially when they know that the character reveal will get big social media attention.

SKX31

Smash Master
Here we go:

Who said Directs were dead?
Om CP9 är en finsk karaktär så kommer rivaliteten att nå en ny... uhm, front? :4pacman:

(*Translation: "If CP9 is a Finnish character the rivalry will reach another... uhm, front?")

(For anyone who doesn't know, it refers to the fact that Sweden and Finland are very closely connected - Finland was under Swedish suzerainty for a lot of its history until Russia took over in the early 1800s. Ever since Finland gained its independence in 1917 the Swedes and Finns have been good-natured rivals in sports: If Finland beats Sweden in an ice hockey game a lot of Finns will celebrate for example.)

LET'S ******* GOOOO!

The fact that they straight up namedrop Smash tells me that at the very least we're getting an annoucement for a "Sakurai Presents ???". So even if we don`t know who CP9 is, we'll probably know when we'll know.

Inb4 I'm wrong and it's just Smallest Battlefield. :4pacman:
Turns out Smallest Battlefield is tournament viable and causes even more ruleset debates in competitive circles. :4pacman:

Now the real question is

will it be another dreaded guessing game?

Also calling it rn: Reimu will be CP9. If not her then Elma
Time to mentally prepare, just in case. Whether it's the extra dreaded Pokemon / LoL guessing games or something else.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
50 minutes is a pretty long time for a direct, rivaled only by most E3 presentations iirc. I'd wager most of the announcements here will be stuff that was supposed to come out last year but got delayed.

This month is looking like it's gonna be a good month for Nintendo.
Yeah, with this and the 25th anniversary of Pokemon that's coming up. I expect nothing from Pokemon here because I think that will instead be showcased in the anniversary stream next week.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wow, 50 minute direct incoming. I think that might be their longest one yet.

I wonder what game they're going to fill 40 minutes of airtime with.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master

Continuing with the proud Nintendo Direct tradition they will make a potentially interesting JRPG seem as boring as possible via tedious narration and far too much running time focused on its small details.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

50 minutes of airtime.
1 minute for Smash. The other 49 for a new project: Mario Ballet!

In seriousness, there’s a good chance of Zelda showing up.

As for Smash, I hope for the surprise Otto Matic reveal but know he’s more likely to get his game on the Switch so I don’t have any real prediction.

D

Deleted member

Do you guys think we're going to get some info on BOTW2?
If we don't that would be surprising IMO.

So far we only have the one trailer from a few years ago, and while covid probably ****ed up the production line a bit I doubt it did so much that they don't have anything more to show. It being made on the backbone of BOTW's engine also means it shouldn't take as long as BOTW's almost decade long dev time.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
A small part of me is going to hope Omori release date for the switch is going to happen in the direct...

But another part of me sadly doubt it will happen.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Just for fun, here's my predictions for the Direct, as I shared on Twitter:
NEO: TWEWY trailer (very little new information, mostly geared towards Nintendo fans who may not have known about NEO yet)
Zelda anniversary collection and another vague BOTW2 teaser
Monster Hunter Rise recap
"Available now" discussion for 3D World + Bowser's Fury
That one Ace Attorney thing that got rated
Something related to that Golden Sun trademark
Something related to the Pokemon anniversary
The Smash announcement will be either Reimu Hakurei or Gordon Freeman (I'm not bothering with the "obvious" Smash picks like Crash and Ryu Hayabusa; I'm thinking more about picks that are both dark horses and big important names.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom