• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Gut feeling keeps bringing me to the 5chan leak, but that's only, again, gut feeling. If it survives tomorrow, though - then that's a wrap.
Well, unless it ends up being Crash. Crash is such a speculated-on character that I don't think that would be quite enough to get it out of the woods.
KOS-MOS or Reimu though? That's game, set, and match.
Let's say if this theory was true. Crash has been speculated ever since Smash was first announced so he wouldn't be that much of a shocker and a name like him may fit towards the end-ish of the pass to grab peoples attention. Reimu or KOS-MOS? They would fit perfectly for a reveal given there's not a whole lot pressure on the next slot they're gonna show so they can show someone a bit lesser known or for more "Hardcore" gamers(Can't think of a better term here).

Mapusaurus

Smash Apprentice
50 minutes is hella pog, hope the character isnt leaked last sec, and amiboo theory isnt deconfirmed, it could just be a reveal before the release in march

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Let's say if this theory was true. Crash has been speculated ever since Smash was first announced so he wouldn't be that much of a shocker and a name like him may fit towards the end-ish of the pass to grab peoples attention. Reimu or KOS-MOS? They would fit perfectly for a reveal given there's not a whole lot pressure on the next slot they're gonna show so they can show someone a bit lesser known or for more "Hardcore" gamers(Can't think of a better term here).
I was thinking the same exact thing for a long time now. Crash feels E3(snort)-ish. It's why either Reimu or KOS-MOS are my predictions for tomorrow. But we'll see!

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
Just gonna say, Sol getting revealed tomorrow would be good timing to get more people to try the open beta for Strive that’s coming in a few days.

Not saying it’s gonna be him though, just think that it’d be cool.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Funnily enough, I had a dream that there was a direct last night.

In that dream....

• Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright 2 got announced
  • A brand new Ace Attorney game was announced
  • A Golden Sun remake was shown off.
  • Rex was revealed for Smash Bros.
Wonder if any of those things will happen.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I really don't think we're getting another guessing game. If Amiibo theory is right, we're getting a character in early to mid-March. We've had gaps far longer than two to three weeks between trailer and Sakurai Presents/release for Smash DLC in the past.

In terms of the character, I think it's either Lloyd or Ryu Hayabusa. If not one of those two, probably a Gen 8 Pokemon (hopefully not a starter, nothing against their fans I just want Pokemon's recent representation in Smash to branch out from the pattern of choosing the final form starter that the Pokemon Company is most invested in).

Other predictions? I think the 3D Kirby, Fire Emblem Remake that got moved from 3DS to Switch, and a 35th Zelda collection are safe guesses. The most I can see for BotW 2 is another teaser, as it's most likely going to get the biggest spotlight at E3 ala BotW1 in 2016, Super Mario Odyssey in 2017, and Smash Ultimate in 2018.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
For the people who are guessing characters, what music do you think we'll get in their trailer? (try to stick to links to avoid slowing down the page)

If we get Ryu Hayabusa, I feel like Unbreakable Determination has to be in there in some form.
Crash would obviously have a version of this:

Last edited:

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
AAAAAAH DIRECT TOMORROW

The Ace Attorney fan in me is really hoping for Phoenix, but even if we don’t get him, they’ll most likely have the Great Ace Attorney duology announcement in the direct. So I’ll probably still have something AA to be excited about
You see, the correct translation isn’t “Hoho” but is actually “Haha...”

Rean confirmed

SKX31

Smash Master
I'm just expecting a more low key Nintendo or third party character here: someone like Cinderace or Ryu Hayabusa.
Regardless of the character, I'm expecting more ways to bring the hype and more ways to BM people online.

#Worth.

Oh F R I C K

before the second hoho in hiragana, I see “to” (と)
と to
ほ ho
う u

you thought you were slick Sakurai I’m on to you
Has Sakurai become his own leaker? The madman! :4pacman:

Also, in "This randomly dropped the day before the Direct" territory:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
If that nightmarish scenario happens I want 3BitSaurus 3BitSaurus 3BitSaurus 3BitSaurus to transform into his true form and wreak havoc.

What's his true form you may ask? Well, it's this I assume:

:4pacman:
Huh, so someone finally caught on why Gnar was my pfp for a long time:

INNATE - RAGE GENE: Mini Gnar generates 4 / 7 / 11 (based on level) Rage Rage over 2 seconds upon dealing or receiving damage.
(...)

At maximum Rage Rage, casting an ability or after 4 seconds will transform transform Mini Gnar into Mega Gnar Mega Gnar for 15 seconds, during which Gnar's Rage depletes.
:4pacman:

G-guys...?

remind me again what game series rhymes with “Hoho”?
It's actually meant to be "Hee Ho". Jack Frost confirmed. :roll:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I wil say it is kind of weird that they didn't outright SAY that there'd be a new fighter. For all we know we're getting a stage, or an update that lets you... I don't know, replace Mario's hat with different ones. I don't think they're tonedeaf enough to bring up Smash and then not confirm a Fighter but I still wanna throw it out there juuuust in case.

SKX31

Smash Master
G-guys...?

remind me again what game series rhymes with “Hoho”?
HO HO HA HA
Going by that voiceline, Sniper from Dota 2 (who's voiced by TF2 Heavy / Demoman) confirmed. Aka. one of the most toxic Dota 2 characters. :4pacman:

"We are proud to announce that the next fighter in the Super Smash Bros Ultimate: Fighter's Pass Volume 2 will hail from the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series!":4pacman:
Awaken starts playing in the background, and no one has a clue why.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Honestly not certain on the next character being revealed tomorrow given Sephiroth we got little over two months ago not to mention the next amiibos comes out next month to coincide with the theory.

A tease at the very least would be nice.
Smash news is confirmed. I don't think we'll see much gameplay though, I see this like Terry where we'll have time to argue about how they'll play.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't think Reimu is getting in unless Nintendo actually decides to promote Touhou in their Directs.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm probably going to focus my attention on the games more than the Smash reveal. I don't want to set the bar too high for a random reveal in February right after we got Steve and Sephiroth. Plus, E3 will likely have a reveal, and you know that's gonna be where they reveal the biggest character left in this pass.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm probably going to focus my attention on the games more than the Smash reveal. I don't want to set the bar too high for a random reveal in February right after we got Steve and Sephiroth. Plus, E3 will likely have a reveal, and you know that's gonna be where they reveal the biggest character left in this pass.
Yeah. I expect a much smaller character. I do think that the remaining big character will likely be CP10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom