• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So I guess it's prediction time then:
  • The Legend of Zelda news.
  • Super Smash Bros. news.
  • Super Mario "get 'em while supplies last!"
  • At least a few new reveals for the summer (and perhaps fall) of 2021.
  • Monster Hunter Rise
  • Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time!
Bold predictions (that will probably be wrong): Metroid will show up, and so will Pokémon, but Pokémon won't give any info on new releases, it'll just be New! Pokémon Snap.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I AM SMASHOLIO! I need FP for my bunghole!
FINAL SMASH ACTIVATED BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OLIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAAA

ARE YOU THREATENING ME?! ARE YOU THREATENING ME?! I GOT THE SMASH BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPAAAAAAAAAAAH HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE
Cornholio.jpg

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Who was also very feminine. I couldn't tell for the longest time what gender Frieza was. In the end, i just determined they were an alien; possibly non gendered due to their race lol.
Which is funny because that is a thing in Dragon Ball, albeit with Namekians since they don't have genders OR Day/night cycles

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Waking up to the news that we are getting a 50 minute direct! I ended up checking YouTube, Smashboards, and multiple Twitter accounts just to make sure the news was real. We have very few prominent Nintendo leaks currently, so we’re probably gonna have a ton of surprises. I am bouncing up and down right now!

Also they made sure to confirm that there was Smash News involved. Nintendo is still very clearly leaning on Smash a lot, two years after its release. This makes me feel even better about them likely wanting to do a third fighters pass.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I just realized how weird that tweets wording is. It sounds kinda like something out of the norm is happening to Smash. I don’t wanna jump the gun with FP3 or anything, but maybe some standalone Stage DLC could get announced as well?
I want Smash Run back! I would gladly pay $20 just for Smash Run. Bring in Smash Run, Custom Colors, and maybe some Alternate Costumes for certain characters who either got a Different Appearence in Ultimate than Brawl or Smash 4, because Reusable Models, or giving characters who gained looks after Smash Ultimate those looks (Disco Luigi, AoC Link, The Narrator for Steve), and hopefully Engineer Toon Link, Garou Terry, and Masked Dedede.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Reimu (also a Want): Have to consult with SharkLord SharkLord on this one, partly since there's a lot of Touhou music.
Spoilered for imbeds.
Reimu's gone through a lot of themes, but the one she's associated with the most is Maiden's Cappriccio.
If we're going for a more general Touhou reveal, we could end up with Theme of Eastern Story, which is the theme and recurring leitmotif of the series as a whole.
We might also go with Eternal Shrine Maiden, the theme of the first stages in the first games in the series. Maybe on it's own, maybe slipped into another song.
If we get a really fanservicey trailer, it'll reference the shadow art of Bad Apple, complete with the song.
And in the most cursed timeline, we get... This.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
Just some personal (non-Smash) hopes of mine for this Direct:
  • Breath of the Wild sequel
  • Disgaea 6 English release date
  • Fire Emblem remake. Preferably Jugdral. Would be good timing with the recent Jugdral banner in FEH
  • KOF14 Ultimate Edition (I already have the game on PS4; just want it to be more accessible to other people)
  • No More Heroes 3
  • Pokemon Snap
  • SMT3 release date
  • SMTV?
  • Xenoblade-related content
  • Zelda anniversary collection

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
So I guess it's prediction time then:
  • The Legend of Zelda news.
  • Super Smash Bros. news.
  • Super Mario "get 'em while supplies last!"
  • At least a few new reveals for the summer (and perhaps fall) of 2021.
  • Monster Hunter Rise
  • Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time!
Bold predictions (that will probably be wrong): Metroid will show up, and so will Pokémon, but Pokémon won't give any info on new releases, it'll just be New! Pokémon Snap.
I'll add other stuff:

• Possible third party / Nintendo crossover announcement. I'm looking primarily at Tencent: one of their spokespeople stated that they want to make games with Mario / other Nintendo characters.
  • Quite a few more low-key games to help fill out the time. Some indie, some that the hardcore fanbase is generally not interested in like WWE Battlegrounds.
  • Games aimed primarily at "Other" regions still feels like a massive longshot, but can't rule out that when a couple such games have made it into the Switch's library. One of those was featured in a Partner Showcase: World of Tanks (which is mainly popular in Russia and its CIS / former Soviet neighbors).
  • Additional ports, some of which will be computer games.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Honestly, rating characters not only on their own merits but based on who they could’ve been is a process I thought we moved past from after begrudgingly accepting Wii Fit Trainer and the like. Corrin was by all means a bad choice, but he shouldn’t sour the Echo additions, which I think are some of the best possibilities in their category, only eclipsed by imo Impa.

What is weird is that on one hand people expect a Fire Emblem character based on every new game, even the memetically bad ones (dont worry fates i still love you) but Zelda fans still need to play their cards perfect before the speculation scene accepts their ridiculous proposal

anyway that was the stuff i wrote before i went to sleep with a headache and nintendo revealed a direct for some ungodly reason and there’s a laugh theory now. if that turns out to be a hint I’m calliiiiiing...

constance von nuvelle is bolting into battle

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I’m calling it now, we’re getting a Fighter Pass 3 reveal tomorrow. The wording of this makes it seem like there’ll be more than just a character.
Plot Twist: The only Smash news we get tomorrow is an announcement of a Sakurai Presents. We don’t even know what character, we just get an announcement of an announcement.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
there’s a laugh theory now
I swear, these theory names get more and more ridiculous. Is it as ridiculous as the name suggests?

On a side note, 'Bayonetta 3' is trending alongside 'Nintendo Direct' in the UK right now. Same with 'Crash'.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
Oh yeah, just remembered what 'laugh theory' was. Have Sakurai's responses to Smash announcement tweets ever meant anything?

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Plot Twist: The only Smash news we get tomorrow is an announcement of a Sakurai Presents. We don’t even know what character, we just get an announcement of an announcement.
I actually wish that was true
“The new Smash Fighter is.........
*Drum Roll
..............Coming in March!”
And thats it for Smash, its never mentioned again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom