• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Smash Cadet
Well, he's obviously not getting a Mii due to how big it is, and I think that it would be weird to add him without porting Ultimate to the Xbox Series X.
Yeah but rumors have circulated abotu Master Chief collection coming to Switch and Xbox recently said that there would be a "new place to play" the master chief collection. so while im not getting my hopes up its likely

Firox

Smash Master
I think "focused on games like smash ultimate" just means Smash isn't the only game getting new content
True, but the fact that they would go out of their way to mention Smash means that we're likely getting more than just a character reveal (since the mere fact that we're having a direct usually means a minimum character reveal anyway). I'm predicting at least a new mode, probably a generally accessible Boss Rush mode. If we're lucky, it could be fighter pass 3 which I would be pretty stoked for.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Y'know, I just realized something.

Crei-Mos only got Sephiroth right, while Crash/Doomguy/Rayman (At least, I think that's what it was) managed to predict Min Min, Steve, and Sephiroth (Though Min Min didn't come with Ninjara). Despite this, I feel like Crei-Mos gets more discussion, despite having less hard facts going for it.

Not to say either are very credible, but it's interesting to think about.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Direct? Aight time to say who I want and who I predict:

Wants: Phoenix Wright, Sol Badguy, Hakurei Reimu, Kazuma Kiryu

Prediction: Crash or a First-Party (being the calm AFTER the storm that was Sephy)

That Crash Switch game is suspiciously near and the timing couldn't be any better. Honestly, if Crash isn't going to get announced here, I don't think he'll be in Ultimate, or this Fighter Pass at least.

But hey, remember to have fun tomorrow everyone! A 50-minute long direct isn't something you get often.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Crei-Mos only got Sephiroth right, while Crash/Doomguy/Rayman (At least, I think that's what it was) managed to predict Min Min, Steve, and Sephiroth (Though Min Min didn't come with Ninjara). Despite this, I feel like Crei-Mos gets more discussion, despite having less hard facts going for it.

It was Hayabusa in the second one replacing Crash.

As for why I think the former gets more talked about, I think it's a combination of A. Min Min not coming with Ninjara and B. Doomguy supposedly being deconfirmed by interview.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan

Reimu/KOS-MOS was atleast claimed to be a leak. The DoomGuy/Rayman one was legit just a wishlist from a now very happy person.

It’s always possible that a leaker wanted to just casually drop the real roster in a thread like that as a joke. But that’s pretty unlikely lol

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Yeah but rumors have circulated abotu Master Chief collection coming to Switch and Xbox recently said that there would be a "new place to play" the master chief collection. so while im not getting my hopes up its likely
That was a new map for Halo 3 which pretty much everyone expected considering it was only in a Halo Insider forum post.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Which probably wasn't a hint to Sephiroth so much as it was a heads up for the dialogue heavy trailer.
I think it was more so the song that it would be recognized immediately
Absolutely. It was because of One Winged Angel. Like when I decided to watch a montage of people react to Sephiroth, the majority immediately caught on that it was Sephiroth after the music started playing. One Winged Angel is easily one of the most recognisable video game songs and probably the most recognisable Final Boss music. There is a reason why the Sephiroth reveal trailer from the official Super Smash Bros channel is called "The One Winged Angel!". And one of my favourite comments summing up the Sephiroth trailer was:
Everybody: "Why do I hear boss music?"
Cloud: "Why do I hear His music?"

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Reimu/KOS-MOS was atleast claimed to be a leak. The DoomGuy/Rayman one was legit just a wishlist from a now very happy person.

It’s always possible that a leaker wanted to just casually drop the real roster in a thread like that as a joke. But that’s pretty unlikely lol
Oh yeeeaaah, that was just a wishlist. Now I remember.

That explains a lot, actually.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So PushDustIn, in between pushing all that dust in, translated that Sakurai tweet.

Heh heh heh... the way he translated it brought to mind Beavis "heh heh heh"

"Heh heh heh hey Butt-head heh heh heh who's gonna be in Smash?"

"Uhhh huh huh huh you said Smash huh huh huh"

"Ohhhh yeah heh heh heh heh heh"
Call me crazy, but the "heh" might be a hint at an Undertale rep. Everyone in Undertale has a distinctive noise when speaking, Sakurai might be referencing that.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I think the wording regarding Smash is just to let people know in advanced so they have more eyes on the stream as they show their other things, seeing as such a reveal would certainly be the closing act.
"Yes, there will be Smash. Please shut up."

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Alright, since others are posting their predictions, I'll give mine. It's short and simple:

The Smash Bros. news will Deconfirm both leaks currently being speculated with its reveal.
It will be a double reveal with both an LoL character and a Falcom character, simultaneously deconfirming both Sephiroth-based leaks and somehow validating the two months-old rumors that should logically to old to be correct :4pacman:

Honestly though, Reimu's a bit of a monkey's paw for me. The positives would vastly outweigh the negatives, but I'd have to brace myself for an onslaught of Crei-Mos discussion. Not looking forward to that scenario; Aside from it being unrealistic for some 5chan rando to know everything so far in advance, it's also going to be the same two fighters over and over again and that's gonna get old fast.

SKX31

Smash Master
One thing I wanted to point out from a friend that sticks out to me aswell. Steve and Banjo both came and went without Master Chief as atleast a mii. which is weird considering that's Microsoft's Xbox
Just wait until June/E3. ;)
IWantToBelieve.png

OK so the 50 minutes has me really hyped but it also has me dreading the return of one of the best things aboud good old-fashioned Directs: sections that drag on for like 15 minutes about a single game I usually don't care for
BAKUGAN 2: THE BAKUGANING.

bottom text but in Papyrus
Can't wait for the inevitable :nessecho: vs. Papyrus showdowns online.

There'd be so much un-needed writing all over the stages. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom