• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
So, we finally got a proper direct!
I think that 50 minutes only for already announced games that will be released in the first half of 2021 are a bit too much. I also expect news on games that won't be released early this year and maybe some new games. My hopes are for Silksong and the Metroid Prime Triloy remaster, as always.

Speaking about the new Smash fighter, I didn't look at rumors and/or leaks recently, so I don't know what to expect. I guess that Crash, Hayabusa and Doomguy are still the most expected characters.
Any interesting news or rumor?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Just being honest. I think his Time has passed. If we get anyone from Xenoblade, it's probably Melia.
Cries in Mecha-Fiora, Elma and Lora

inb4 “but Mecha-Fiora’s in Shulk’s final smash” that didn’t stop Chrom

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
'Heh' by itself isn't really fully on laughter; its more used in the written context of things like "Heh, is that what you think?".
If my hypothetical is true, it has nothing to do with laughter. All main characters have a sound effect when speaking (eh eh eh for sans, for example). I'm saying that Sakurai might be referencing that.

D

Deleted member

As far as the laughter, the Smash trailer starts off with Sephiroth taking down all fighters around and even holding off Cloud. The former stands dominant until he starts hearing a strange noise and as it gets closer viewers themselves finally hear it loud and clear:

Smash is then renamed Dissidia 3: Definitive Edition.

If my hypothetical is true, it has nothing to do with laughter. All main characters have a sound effect when speaking (eh eh eh for sans, for example). I'm saying that Sakurai might be referencing that.
Oh, I got it. Decent theory, though I think we're taking the laugh thing a bit too far. I was joking before when I said we should all speculate on it and call it the 'Sakurai Laugh Theory' lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Kos-mos cannot be in Smash, because she is actually Mary Magdalene from Bible and only video game characters are allowed.

KOS-MOS has Mary's spirit in her. Basically, there are times when Mary appears and controls KOS-MOS(which is shown with KOS-MOS's eyes going from red to blue), especially during near the end in Xenosaga III where she has full control for a moment. When Mary is about to help the main antagonist though, before she can give him a key item, KOS-MOS takes control and destroys it. Hence when the main antagonist is confused at first when he thought Mary destroyed the item, the next line is "I am KOS-MOS." and it shows her red eyes.
So no, KOS-MOS is her own character.

D

Deleted member

Kos-mos cannot be in Smash, because she is actually Mary Magdalene from Bible and only video game characters are allowed.
I mean technically, KOS-MOS is an Android, and Mary's consciousness, which had dissipated and was spread throughout the universe, happened to gather within the system that was integrated with KOS-MOS and manifests in KOS-MOS at times since they couldn't fully wake her conscious. KOS-MOS was an artificial vessel that could house her until the full body was revived, but was still its own thing. KOS-MOS herself...or the design rather....is even a lighter skin tone than Mary was in that game (she was more Middle Eastern in appearance) So KOS-MOS would still be feasible since she is, for all intents and purposes, her own character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Then again, Sword and Shield did get an Event soooooooooooooooo........................
We're probably going to get Gen 8 Pokeballs tho.
While they’re at it, patched in Assist Trophies to go with the DLC. Oracle, Jessica, Aerith, and just imagine the peak irony if Mai were added NOW as an Assist Trophy with a heavily sanitized design

Also if Reimu’s our next character, then Sakuya as an AT. I want ZA WARUDO

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
While they’re at it, patched in Assist Trophies to go with the DLC. Oracle, Jessica, Aerith, and just imagine the peak irony if Mai were added NOW as an Assist Trophy with a heavily sanitized design

Also if Reimu’s our next character, then Sakuya as an AT. I want ZA WARUDO
I don't think Assist Trophies are able to get patched for Legal Reasons so oof.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I mean technically, KOS-MOS is an Android, and Mary's consciousness, which had dissipated and was spread throughout the universe, happened to gather within the system that was integrated with KOS-MOS and manifests in KOS-MOS at times. KOS-MOS wasn't actually Mary herself; her persona would just manifest in times that Shion was in extreme danger (since Shion is the reincarnation of a hand maiden to Mary in this story). KOS-MOS herself...or the design rather....is even a lighter skin tone than Mary was in that game (she was more Middle Eastern in appearance. So KOS-MOS would still be feasible since she is, for all intents and purposes, her own character.

KOS-MOS has Mary's spirit in her. Basically, there are times when Mary appears and controls KOS-MOS(which is shown with KOS-MOS's eyes going from red to blue), especially during near the end in Xenosaga III where she has full control for a moment. When Mary is about to help the main antagonist though, before she can give him a key item, KOS-MOS takes control and destroys it. Hence when the main antagonist is confused at first when he thought Mary destroyed the item, the next line is "I am KOS-MOS." and it shows her red eyes.
So no, KOS-MOS is her own character.
I haven't played Xenosaga, I just heard that Kos-Mos had her spirit and assumed that was the whole story.

Guess Kos-Mos is ok, so long as she doesn't get possessed, where she must promptly disappear until she becomes Kos-Mos again.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
FP9 is being announced sooner than I thought. Maybe they’ll announce 10 and 11 at E3.
For FP9, I’ll go with a promotional Nintendo character or a Sega character. For the Nintendo choices, I’ll go with Rex (he has the mii costume, but Min Min was a spirit promotion) or Cinderace. For Sega reps, I’ll say Arle since I kind of feel that while Sonic is Sega’s most well known franchise, I don’t see a 2nd Sonic rep just to get another Sonic rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom