• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I really doubt this is it, but heh when translated to numbers is 858, which is the Pokedex number of a Pokemon I could maybe see them choosing: Hatterenne.
Fascinating.

That's kind of a reach and I doubt we'll be getting a Pokemon after the Spirit Event, but this is the guy who teased Byleth with the number 17 in binary. I'm open to anything at this point.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Then again, Sword and Shield did get an Event soooooooooooooooo........................
We're probably going to get Gen 8 Pokeballs tho.
I highly doubt that's more likely than a Spirit Event preceding the character. It would be pretty interesting though.

Ironically, the most likely scenario that would cause this is for it to come with a new Pokémon character like with Cloud's new Final Smash coming with Sephiroth.

I don't think Assist Trophies are able to get patched for Legal Reasons so oof.
Well they would have to secure the rights for it but there's nothing stopping them from doing so if they wanted to. I don't see them wanting to but the option is there.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Y'know, if there's anyone that really "deserves" to get in it has to be Rex. Saying a character got "robbed" is usually pretty petulant, and I'm not even big into Xenoblade, but Rex got robbed.
I 100% agree with this and I'm not really a Rex supporter. If Xenoblade 2 was released for the wii u in 2016, Rex probably would have been consider more seriously (just like a spot was saved for Pokémon gen 7).If it was released in 2018, he probably would be a dlc. There couldn't be a worst possible timing for Xenoblade 2 with Smash release.

The worst part is that since Xenoblade change protagonist every game, Rex might be irrelevant in the next Smash and might be never in any Smash games. This just suck. LIke I said I'm not a big fan of Rex, but I would love more Xenoblade 2 music and a Xenoblade 2 stages.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Alright let's play a game.

The first video that appears on your Youtube recommended is the next Smash character. How do you feel?

D

Deleted member

KOS-MOS has Mary's spirit in her. Basically, there are times when Mary appears and controls KOS-MOS(which is shown with KOS-MOS's eyes going from red to blue), especially during near the end in Xenosaga III where she has full control for a moment. When Mary is about to help the main antagonist though, before she can give him a key item, KOS-MOS takes control and destroys it. Hence when the main antagonist is confused at first when he thought Mary destroyed the item, the next line is "I am KOS-MOS." and it shows her red eyes.
So no, KOS-MOS is her own character.
That meme is probably the best way to actually describe it lol. Either that or by pointing to Sora from Kingdom Hearts as an example. He may not have been an android, but he was his own person while also being the vessel for the still-healing spirit of Ventus

Shroob

Sup?
Well blow me down, getting Smash news THIS early was not something I expected, especially since that means that the character "may" drop this month and not next, depending on when the Sakurai presentation is.

I will jokingly suggest that this month is the 30 year anniversary of Street Fighter 2, but at this point, I have no idea who it is.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Welp

anyone wanna do the “camping on Imran/Zhuge/PracticalBrush12’s profile” thing? I’m at work so I can’t

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Kos-mos cannot be in Smash, because she is actually Mary Magdalene from Bible and only video game characters are allowed.
She obviously is a video game character..... i'm confused here. Are you saying she can't get in cause she's Mary and would cause religious issues?

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I highly doubt that's more likely than a Spirit Event preceding the character. It would be pretty interesting though.

Ironically, the most likely scenario that would cause this is for it to come with a new Pokémon character like with Cloud's new Final Smash coming with Sephiroth.

Well they would have to secure the rights for it but there's nothing stopping them from doing so if they wanted to. I don't see them wanting to but the option is there.
Companies like Money, and I think all of them would reject to allowing a New DLC Assist Trophy from a DLC Series into Base Game. Only potential exceptions I can think of is Anna for Byleth, and SNK is uber generous, so I doubt they would do DLC Assists just for these two.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Guys Dante laughs sometimes guys.......Sakurai is hinting to Dante guys this is a hint bros....
I was like "Don't every video game character laugh sometimes?" then I got an idea for a game.
Think of video game characters who has never laughed even once in any medium. They're disqualified as the next fighter.

D

Deleted member

She obviously is a video game character..... i'm confused here. Are you saying she can't get in cause she's Mary and would cause religious issues?
I think you missed a bit of the in-between clarification. Peridot had thought that KOS-MOS was literally mary, and thus not a gaming character, but after explaining it (and Peridot diving into a bit of research as well) he learned that KOS-MOS is technically her own character, not actually Mary, and therefore qualifies to be a Smash Character since she originated in a game.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Its really hard to predict who it might be tomorrow.

I would love for the Crash/KOS-MOS/Reimu leak to be true but I'm not seeing it. Shame because it's February the month XenoSaga had came out.

As for who I hope. Hoping its either Amaterasu/Phoenix Wright or Elma.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Alright so my stance right now is that we've reached the "Terry" point of the pass. If there's a time to add a character who caters to a more niche audience or the community is largely unfamiliar with beyond surface level, I think now is that time.

Keeping in mind how E3 is likely to hold a character with some widespread notoriety or popularity, and then our final character... is always a tossup, but idk if a lowkey third party is what we'd be likely to see. With my expectations in check I'm pretty much treating tomorrow as a make or break situation for Arle in particular - I can't see her making a whole lot of sense anywhere else in the pass. But ultimately this is all arbitrary and I'm looking for logic where there very well may not be any.

Still, sandwiched between Sephiroth and an E3 reveal and smack in the middle of the pass, I think we're going to see something a little more "lowkey". Which excites me a lot, because those are the characters I tend to gravitate toward. Or yknow, it could just be Monster Hunter. Seems too easy though.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Even disregarding the potential leak, I am glad people are bringing up Reimu and even KOS-MOS as potential character choices. It's good to see people looking beyond the typical trends of characters and looking at more possible characters.

It's a bit refreshing than seeing the same Waluigi/Cinderace/Hayabusa/Crash/Sora/Doom guy/Geno posts you'd usually see and makes for more fun discussion.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Companies like Money, and I think all of them would reject to allowing a New DLC Assist Trophy from a DLC Series into Base Game. Only potential exceptions I can think of is Anna for Byleth, and SNK is uber generous, so I doubt they would do DLC Assists just for these two.
As long as it's within the budget and can be done by the deadlines I don't think they'd care. As I said before, I don't think they'd add any DLC Assist Trophies, but they could if they wanted to.

Guys Dante laughs sometimes guys.......Sakurai is hinting to Dante guys this is a hint bros....
Well if we're playing that game then...

Shroob

Sup?
So here's a thought.

Let's say that we DO get a character this month and it isn't held off until early March.

What does that mean going forward? Because for all intents and purposes, after Steve, it feels like Smash reveals have actually SPED UP considerably.

It's been what, 60-70 days since Sephiroth was shown off? When Min Min and Steve were both 89 and 101 respectively?.... Are we legit living in a world where there is a very real chance that the FP ends by E3 of this year if the release window has suddenly dropped to a measly 2 months?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom