• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
When I saw that the direct was gonna talk about winter games primarily, the leak came to mind and suddenly I felt hope.

Probably the copium talking since it's probably gonna be fake, but oh well.
Yeah, would be a damn shame if it is fake because it sounds legit fun

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Damn I'm happy to be wrong for a change. Also holy ****, that's a lot of new pages. I'm not going through all that lol.
The timing is kind of lousy since it's on 1 AM for me and I'm seeing friends that night, but even if I won't watch it live I made some precautions to avoid being spoiled. Hoping for a new Fire Emblem, new DK and a new Kirby, expecting a new Dr. Mario.

Also, if this is indeed the end (likely is) I just want some of y'all to know I've had fun talking to you in this short time period. I'll be staying even after the final reveal personally, but I know it's not the case for everyone on this site, so I'll see you next time.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly given that 1. It’s the end of Ultimate, and 2. We’ve had a WoL theme with two trailers thus far (Hero for the Dark Realm, and Sephiroth for the Light Realm)

I really hope CP11’s trailer is of the Final Battle against both Galeem and Dharkon and ends with all the spirits flying back home

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Honestly given that 1. It’s the end of Ultimate, and 2. We’ve had a WoL theme with two trailers thus far (Hero for the Dark Realm, and Sephiroth for the Light Realm)

I really hope CP11’s trailer is of the Final Battle against both and ends with all the spirits flying back home
The spirits being representative of everyone on this thread of course.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

I really hope CP11’s trailer is of the Final Battle against both Galeem and Dharkon and ends with all the spirits flying back home
Unless Square Enix is double dipping and getting two fighters this pass I'm not expecting this.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Unless Square Enix is double dipping and getting two fighters this pass I'm not expecting this.
Just a coincidence I say. If Hero and Sephiroth were not chosen I think they’d still have a Dark Realm and Light Realm themed trailer anyway seeing as how heavily they pushed WoL in the 11.1.2018 direct

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
idk about y'all
But while I think anyone's up in the air for FP11

I can't help but think about both Frisk and Ezio

Frisk's evidence count is quite overwhelming, as we also talked about her quite a bit these past few hundred pages or so, and given the Heihachi costume-Kazuya situation, I can't help but think Altair costume-Ezio would be another similar and logical parallel to such a predicament.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
idk about y'all

Frisk's evidence count is quite overwhelming and given the Heihachi costume-Kazuya situation, I can't help but think Altair costume-Ezio would be another similar and logical parallel to such a predicament.
Me predicting Rabbid Peach

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
idk about y'all

Frisk's evidence count is quite overwhelming and given the Heihachi costume-Kazuya situation, I can't help but think Altair costume-Ezio would be another similar and logical parallel to such a predicament.
I too am thinking of a Heihachi costume pre Kazuya/Rex costume pre Pythra sitch but with someone else

Callie and Marie costumes before playable Pearl and Marina. Aw yeah. :shades:

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
(Hero for the Dark Realm, and Sephiroth for the Light Realm)
Hero didn't technically defeat Dharkon though (at least to our knowledge)
So if we exclude that, we still need someone to finish Dharkon off. In such a case, MAYBE the CGI trailer could differ from the game and have both gods killed but at different times such that one killed first doesn't Mena the other immediately takes over the universe

And yes, I know that does come off as strange and non-parallel to the game.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
So..
What are all your verdicts of Packs 6-10?
What packs do you like?
What packs do you dislike?
Why?
Go, go go!
I want to preface this by saying, I never actually bought this Fighter's Pass - not because I didn't want to, but more because my Switch was, and still is, broken. A combination of "Joy-Con Drift", many parts such as the dock being stolen, and then a small fire which resulted in it being rendered unusable, this "review" is simply going off my own take.

:ultminmin was a weird pick for me, but in a good way. I was sort of expecting ARMS to get into Smash somehow anyways (I jokingly anticipated an ARMS character as the last DLC pick for FP1, actually, with my own suggestion at the time being Ninjara.) I think Min Min fits in well with the Smash universe, and her moveset is pretty unique - though I'll never forget the s***posts about her F-smashing you from across the stage as a ledgetrap.

:ultsteve: is a funny story to me, because I didn't see the trailer at first, and I'm not really online except for on here - though, at the time, I was on a hiatus of sorts. As a result, I responded about how you'd expect when a friend sent me an image of Steve's gameplay, specifically with "This looks like either a cool mod, or a weird s***post." Even now, I find Steve's visual appearance in Smash so... weird, surreal almost. It's weird how completely seperate he looks from the cast - literally, he looks like a high-quality modded character... but I can't help but adore his ingenuity as a character, in terms of moveset. The only thing that slightly confused me was the complete lack of classic tracks, even in a remixed form, despite the existance of Environmental Noises.. huh

:ultsephiroth:was actually the first DLC character that I went absolutely apes*** over. A sort of "pipe dream" character of mine, I'd been suggesting Sephiroth as a potential pick since DLC's start, though the addition of Hero was when I sort of resigned myself to, "yeah, Sephiroth... isn't making it in." The moment I saw his reveal, I actually squealed a little. I love how he represents the more magical aspect of FF, as well as bringing in a ton of cool music - I was shocked to see Advent Children on that music list, to be honest. Despite his inclusion seeming not to warrant as much discussion now, I still think that Sephiroth was one of the best moments for me as a Smash fan, in that very moment at least.

:ultpyra:/:ultmythra: was a character that I suggested as far back as 2019 as a sort of injoke amongst friends, and seeing them enter the fray was... weird to me. I grew up with Brawl, the last game to still have the "transformation" gimmick for Zelda and Sheik, as well as for Samus and ZSS, so seeing this mechanic between them was actually pretty surreal, given I sort of expected it would be left as unique to Pokemon Trainer. Even so, despite me not having played XC2, I was pleased that some new music was coming in, and their moveset does actually look pretty cool! One thing I think is that Mythra's Side-B looks like it should go much further in the air for some reason.

:ultkazuya:was a... weird pick for me. Whilst I sort of expected a Tekken character at some point, I was personally sort of hoping that if we got a fighting game character, it would be a new Capcom pick - maybe someone like M.Bison, or even perhaps a Darkstalkers character. Kazuya was the first character I sort of thought "meh" to when I saw, and then I saw his moveset being explained, and I was both horrifically repelled and attracted to it. His moveset clearly does say "Tekken," but there's weird things about him - like how he doesn't have a victory theme, for instance, small things I probably shouldn't care about. It's a weird one to me, because whilst I'd probably have thought it cool in main roster, he seemed like a weird, but also logical, DLC pick to me.

And now, well... tomorrow. I'm holding out hope that it'll be someone surprising, with Jason and SOPHIA being a really cool pick in my eyes, but to be truthful, the possibility of it being an FE or Pokemon character is still there. I don't have a problem with 1st parties at all - but personally, I'd prefer something unique. Porky has been in discussion given his lack of a Spirit, and personally, I'd love to see a new Mother character... but it's a little unrealistic. As much as some feel it'll either be a disappointment or a fan-favourite, I'm expecting it to be someone... weird, and I don't know how I feel about that. Luckily, I don't mind characters getting in - yes, I even enjoyed Byleth - as long as they bring something new to the table... so we'll see how this all goes.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hero didn't technically defeat Dharkon though (at least to our knowledge)
So if we exclude that, we still need someone to finish Dharkon off. In such a case, MAYBE the CGI trailer could differ from the game and have both gods killed but at different times such that one killed first doesn't Mena the other immediately takes over the universe

And yes, I know that does come off as strange and non-parallel to the game.
About that, I headcanon Sephiroth’s as immediately after defeating Dharkon alone and Galeem yeeted them and is about to do the same to the other smashers before Sephiroth takes over

Hero’s is a straight up continuation of the bad ending where only Galeem is defeated and Dharkon takes over tho. Remember how in that bad ending we briefly see Mario fall to his knees? He’s the first one Dharkon corrupts

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
No it wouldn't, it would end up being an absolute chaos with Waluigi vs Isaac vs Skull Kid vs Alucard vs Zero vs Knuckles vs Shadow vs all the other characters with a few jokingly gunning for Thwomp.
SUKAPON FANS RISE UP

Jokes aside I'd love to see Starman for the hell of it, but we all know the character they'd actually choose would either be Nikki or the Arcade Bunny

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Ohhh boy is it good to be a stay at home dad during times like this. Don't gotta work around poisonous dehumanizing schedules and such.

But you know what I also am?
A guy with BURGER KING!
bk Tomorrow.jpg

You might take my Burger King... but you might not.

My bet for CP11, final Burger King bet, straw's in the cup and it is NOT coming out:

Fighter 11 will be:

Waluigi

That's my Burger King bet, Burger King value meals are the prize for winning. YOU TOO could have an Original Chicken Sandwich with fries!

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Hero’s is a straight up continuation of the bad ending where only Galeem is defeated and Dharkon takes over tho. Remember how in that bad ending we briefly see Mario fall to his knees? He’s the first one Dharkon corrupts
Is it safe to assume they ALL went corrupt, though? Including Hero?

Dukefire

Smash Master
I think there will be one more Indie Mii Costume to appear with the finla challenger. Who do you think will be a Mii Costume?

Again, Indie characters didn't get a fighter position in Ultimate, but it does leave another chance once a new smash title is announced in the future.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I think there will be one more Indie Mii Costume to appear with the finla challenger. Who do you think will be a Mii Costume?

Again, Indie characters didn't get a fighter position in Ultimate, but it does leave another chance once a new smash title is announced in the future.
I'm actually going to suggest Quote. If this is the last DLC, full stop (I've been sort of hoping there'd be a "Mii Costume pass" of sorts, but hey) I think that Quote would be the absolutely perfect choice for a Gunner costume. Alternative ideas of mine are Candyman from Lethal League as a Swordfighter costume, and Captain Viridian from VVVVVV as a Brawler costume as a sort of WTF pick.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Is it safe to assume they ALL went corrupt, though? Including Hero?
Probably not Hero as the light came in at the other heroes, and Link managed to hold on

but ppl originally under Galeem’s control like Snake, Captain Falcon, Shulk and Lucario can be seen under Dharkon’s control in the gameplay segments

uuugh now you see why I want the possession effects in normal gameplay so badly 😫

I hope the last trailer has everyone in the full body puppet effect, even the DLC. It’d fit since it’s the final battle and Galeem and Dharkon make clones of their fighters

Galeem clones: Kirby, Piranha Plant, Banjo & Kazooie, Byleth, Min Min, Sephiroth, Pyra, Mythra
Dharkon clones: Joker, Hero, Terry, Steve, Alex, Zombie, Enderman, Kazuya, CP11

SNEKeater

Smash Master
As for the Direct, I wouldn't expect anything crazy.

I assume it's going to be something like

• Metroid Dread
  • Advance Wars 1+2
  • Mario Party
  • Shin Megami Tensei V
  • Smash DLC
  • Some third party stuff

And then 1 or 2 surprises at best, like the rumored Xenoblade 3 or new Resident Evil game for the Switch.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The Objective DLC Tier List:

S Tier: :ultsephiroth::ultsteve:
A Tier: :ultalex:
B Tier: :ultbanjokazooie: :ultbyleth:
E Tier: :ultenderman:
H Tier: :ulthero::ulthero2::ulthero3::ulthero4:
J Tier: :ultjoker:
K Tier: :ultkazuya:
M Tier: :ultminmin:ultmythra:
P Tier: :ultpiranha::ultpyra:
T Tier: :ult_terry:
Z Tier: :ultzombie:

:troll:
…God DAMMIT I can’t believe I fell for that

Whomever it is I hope it’s a Swordfighter type since we got two Gunners and one Brawler

and Indie Miis come with songs so… with all those considered I’d like Zagreus, Kris, or the Knight. Maybe even Shovel Knight as another AT-to-Mii thing like Callie, Marie, and Bomberman

if its a brawler tho I’d want Ori with Restoring the Light, Facing the Dark

Bakabridget

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bakabridget
I think the final fighter is Fortre from Rage of Bahamut or Ahri from league of legends. i dont know ive been wrong about every other pick but these just sound so right. Or Arisa from Shadowverse.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

Can we get some “literal who” indie picks at some point, at least for Sprits or something? Part of the fun of indies is that it’s a large field with a lot of hidden but good games, so it’d be nice to see Smash highlight some of them. It gets a bit boring seeing people only bring up the most popular indie games…

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Can we get some “literal who” indie picks at some point, at least for Sprits or something? Part of the fun of indies is that it’s a large field with a lot of hidden but good games, so it’d be nice to see Smash highlight some of them. It gets a bit boring seeing people only bring up the most popular indie games…
Slides up to you

can I perhaps interest you in… Darkest Dungeon? Or Lobotomy Corporation? Maybe even… Library of Ruina? 👀

Or, perhaps… Gunvolt?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean, not really, pretty sure that the whole point of Hero's trailer is that they're the "last light left" in that bad ending with the four heroes taking on all of those fighters togethers
…dammit you made me have a fridge horror realization that Kirby is likely under Dharkon’s control in that scenario

big O O F

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
…God DAMMIT I can’t believe I fell for that
After seeing it done with DnD classes, I just had to do it to ya. lol

…dammit you made me have a fridge horror moment that Kirby is likely under Dharkon’s control in that scenario

big O O F
Well Japan doesn't call him the pink demon for nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom