• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Honestly, I'm going to be happy no matter what the character is. I'm already too spoiled. My top 10 most wanted list was

1. Ridley
2. Joker
3. K Rool
4. Banjo
5. Geno
6. Sephiroth
7. Rayman
8. King Boo
9. Rex (I'm counting Pyra/Mythra)
10. A Three Houses character

It's like Sakurai just went down my most wanted list and chose characters based on that. I've got 7/10, and I think both Rayman and King Boo have good shots. If it's a character I didn't want, whatever. I got most of the characters I wanted. I'm completely satisfied. At this point I don't have any character I desperately hope for each time we get a trailer and I end up getting hyped for each one. A very stark contrast to Smash 4 where I was dissapointed it wasn't Ridley after each trailer. Sure there's still characters I want, but I have no horse in this race at this point. That's why I'm not burned out on speculation I guess. I'm just ready to get hyped (unless it's Jonesy).

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Smash means more people tuning in which means more people seeing whatever else Nintendo wants to sell them. They're not going to just suddenly let that go now. They might even save it for the end of the Direct this time in order to keep suspense and keep eyes locked. They don't care about the sentimentality of the "final character" but they know you do!

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean its just what if they think revealing the final fighter would be anti-climatic in a direct and instead rather reveal him/her in an announced Sakurai Presents separately notably with the presentation about how Sakurai says it been an honor thanking all the fans who had followed him these 3 and a half years.

Why I'm still thinking we're only getting a release date of the presentation. Love to be wrong though.

Staarih

Smash Master
Ya'll obsessively wait for a Direct to get this over with, and now we're suddenly doubting if Smash'll be there and prolonging the reveal.

Of course it's possible we'll get nothing, but we have no reason to believe so right now. I'm sure we are all ready for this to end and honestly should wish and hope for just that. If it doesn't end tomorrow... well, then we can whine some more.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I mean its just what if they think revealing the final fighter would be anti-climatic in a direct and instead rather reveal him/her in an announced Sakurai Presents separately notably with the presentation about how Sakurai says it been an honor thanking all the fans who had followed him these 3 and a half years.

Why I'm still thinking we're only getting a release date of the presentation. Love to be wrong though.
I completely understand where people come from when they say this, but I think it's overestimating how much that aspect matters to Nintendo. It's a good time to reveal their product. So they do it, irrespective of cute retrospectives. It's over now? Oh, okay. Thanks for playing.
They're just kind of... doing their thing and they don't care much about sentimentality.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace

How would it be anticlimatic to reveal it in a direct when we've getting the final fighter in Direct like presentations forever? By your logic they should have just held off Bayonetta until E3 since she was the "final character" and it would have built up suspense to do so. If the character is ready, and can be revealed somewhere they're gonna reveal it. There's literally no sound reason to hold it off even further to a smaller Sakurai presents.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Wasn't everyone waiting for a direct announcement daily. And now that we got one it's like "well, maybe it's not happening in the direct".

Make up your minds geez lol.
People just can't allow themselves to be happy about something anymore. It's just always "lower your expectations" in every possible scenario. It's so annoying to me.

We've been waiting almost all month for this direct, can we not celebrate without someone trying to bring everyone's spirts down?

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Don't forget y'all, the American Twitter loves to make sure you know Smash won't be there if it isn't because they know we're rabid for info. Like when Kazuya's Sakurai Presents was coming out and they outright said "hey there's not gonna be a reveal for Fighter Pack 11 here", even though most people already assumed that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
More the reason I'm thinking of an independent Smash presentation reveal is that Sm4sh ended that way for Sm4sh's DLC characters, Ultimate's base game, and Ultimate's Pass 1.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Remember: Nintendo always coordinates their Nintendo Directs so that everyone with a job will be working and everyone with class will be learning. :4pacman:
"We want to see some dedication from our fans. If you want to see the news, you're either getting fired or sent to detention." :roll:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget y'all, the American Twitter loves to make sure you know Smash won't be there if it isn't because they know we're rabid for info. Like when Kazuya's Sakurai Presents was coming out and they outright said "hey there's not gonna be a reveal for Fighter Pack 11 here", even though most people already assumed that.
Yup, I don't get the nonsense going around just because they didn't name Smash in it.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I had the initial reveal of Smash Ultimate reveal spoiled for me since I was in the middle of a power outage back then, I guess it's only fitting that I have the last reveal spoiled as well.

Or I'll just keep a tab of the Direct open and avoid my social media feeds like the plague, which I have thankfully trained myself to do much better in recent times anyway.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They only did that for the Sakurai Presents stuff. That being said it's ****ing sad people would expect it and then get mad when proven otherwise, I think this trend started with Terry

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Smash means more people tuning in which means more people seeing whatever else Nintendo wants to sell them.
To be fair, the implication that Smash might be in the Direct will encourage people to tune in and see everything else, even if Smash isn’t actually in the Direct. I agree that it would be really weird to not have Smash in the Direct (or an announcement of a final Mr. Sakurai Presents at the absolute very least,) but, they could do it if they wanted to. They wouldn’t actually have lied about anything, after all…

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also.

"focused mainly on #NintendoSwitch games launching this winter."

Food for thought in the possibility of no reveal tomorrow.

7NATOR

Smash Master
We'll definitely see something Smash related there. Now whether it be the actual reveal or announcement for some type of Special Presentation later, could be the question

If it's the latter, than I'm expecting the update with the last character is going to be bigger the normal. If we get the character reveal here, than we get the reveal now. Either way, it would be a win win

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
11pm club here. I don't mind, last few Directs have been mid-afternoon for me so it's about time I got a late one.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
ARRGHH WHY'D YOU HAVE TO PUT IT AT THE EXACT WORST HOUR OF THE DAY FOR ME NINTENDO I HAVE MY ONLY CLASS ON THURSDAY THAT HOUR.
I have to sleep when the direct happen.

Which is both good & worse than working.

Soooo it's....Goorse?

SKX31

Smash Master
Wtf? Lol how was that even possible?
The video's description answers that:

Courtesy of the 20XX Mod, I was able to turn the knockback ratio to a theoretical 100,000. I did this by having Mario take 100 times as much knockback, have Ganondorf deal 100 times as much knockback (Both of these by the Debug Menu), have the Knockback Ratio to 2 in the normal settings, and have the Global Knockback Ratio set to 5 in the Debug Menu. I also set Mario's % to 999, and turned Blastzone Wrapping on. I also had the "Add 3 Fighter Clones" code on to have even more knockback, and played around with all of the settings I've mentioned on. This video is the result.

Mario moves almost the entire length of the stage within a single frame, which is why you can practically see two Marios on the screen at once in some instances. Flat Zone has no ceilings or walls, and the floor's underside doesn't count as a ceiling, so it was the perfect stage to test it out on.

Remember: Nintendo always coordinates their Nintendo Directs so that everyone with a job will be working and everyone with class will be learning. :4pacman:
"We want to see some dedication from our fans. If you want to see the news, you're either getting fired or sent to detention." :roll:
Nice try, but it's at Midnight in Europe :iwatanod:
And everyone in Europe will be sleeping.
I luckily don't have any other huge commitments other than a week-long essay... so I'm hardcommiting to the Direct baybee. :4dedede:

(And yes, I'll probably be to blame if Dota 2 winds up somehow being CP11 and I wind up waking up the neighborhood,)

Last edited:

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
The Direct ended up happening on the last possible day in September. Sadly, in the UK it's at 11pm on a school night, and since I want to record my reaction to it for a potential YouTube upload, I'll have to wait until Friday afternoon, praying that nobody at school spoils it.

Here's my Twitter thread featuring my bingo card and basic predictions:
If you're not watching it live, remember to stick a post-it-note on your monitor reading 'DO NOT open social media' before the Direct airs.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The Direct ended up happening on the last possible day in September. Sadly, in the UK it's at 11pm on a school night, and since I want to record my reaction to it for a potential YouTube upload, I'll have to wait until Friday afternoon, praying that nobody at school spoils it.

If you're not watching it live, remember to stick a post-it-note on your monitor reading 'DO NOT open social media' before the Direct airs.
No Splatoon 3?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

Stacks all Bingo chips on “Mother 3 localization” in hopes that it will happen and that Nintendo will ever validate the series

Cries knowing that it won’t actually do a single thing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom