• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
No Splatoon 3?
I doubt we'll be getting any news on it until 2022. Since Splatoon 1, 2 and Octo Expansion released around the summer, I feel 3 will be Nintendo's big summer 2022 release, and they'll want to save info on it for closer to its release, while they focus on Mario Party Superstars and Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp. I'll still be pleased if we do get news on it tomorrow.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
My one non-Smash hope is a new Fire Emblem announcement, particularly a remake of Genealogy of the Holy War.

We're actually overdue for an announcement at this point, so here's hoping.
I'M HERE TO MAKE A ANNOUNCEMENT
ezgif-7-1aeec4c2e000.gif

GENEALOGY OF THE HOLY WAR IS A MOTHER****ING GAME I WANT TO SEE A REMAKE OF, AND I WANT TO SEE IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Warumian

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2475-1882-3507
The direct is 6pm here, literally the best time ever, I ha
ARRGHH WHY'D YOU HAVE TO PUT IT AT THE EXACT WORST HOUR OF THE DAY FOR ME NINTENDO I HAVE MY ONLY CLASS ON THURSDAY THAT HOUR.
The direct is 6pm here, literally the best time ever, I had to wake up so early to watch the other directs.

I'm hopping Nintendo takes a shot and revives another franchise (Golden Sun, Eternal Darkness, Custom Robo) like they did with AW-

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
(And yes, I'll probably be to blame if Dota 2 winds up somehow being CP11 and I wind up waking up the neighborhood,)
I think you'd be legally obligated to play every Dota 2 screaming compilation in the highest volume setting. Just saying.

I mean, we will be having a projector and a large screen at the meeting, but I also highly doubt the staff will let us.

But I like your train of thought.
Take it from someone who has done this kinda thing before:

The staff won't stop you if you don't tell them. :4pacman:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Honestly if there's anything I want in this Direct that's not Smash, I want some scrap of info on the next Kirby game. I mean next year it'll have been 4 years since Star Allies came out. I don't expect it to come out in winter though, and while they do sometimes announce games outside of the announced range, I dunno if Kirby would be part of that really.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
This is probably layton’s best shot at being the last dlc rep. Literally about 4/5 days ago out of nowhere got his 1,2 and the anime’s OST’s added to iTunes and they mysteriously skipped Layton 3,4,5,6 and 7. Then we get a direct announcement 5/6 days later. It probably doesn’t mean much but this is his best shot of dlc.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I think you'd be legally obligated to play every Dota 2 screaming compilation in the highest volume setting. Just saying.

Take it from someone who has done this kinda thing before:

The staff won't stop you if you don't tell them. :4pacman:
Hmmmm…maybe I’ll just…go pay the guy who will be controlling the slideshow…who also happens to be my friend…

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
My one non-Smash hope is a new Fire Emblem announcement, particularly a remake of Genealogy of the Holy War.

If that and/or a Xenoblade X Switch port happens that will actually take away a tiny bit of my hype for SMT V and I kind of don’t want that to happen.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I hope we finally get a Goemon collection from Konami. outside of that. if capcom could start porting Breath of Fire series to switch, that would be nice.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Oh FINALLY!

I want to know who the last fighter is, but for real I care MUCH more about an eventual new mainline Kirby game, or a remake of a classic. I hope there's Kirby content in the Direct and this time not an e-shop minigame.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So..
What are all your verdicts of Packs 6-10?
What packs do you like?
What packs do you dislike?
Why?
Go, go go!
:ultminmin - eh. It was all right, but I find Min Min really awkward to use, though she's a more interesting choice than Spring Man in my eyes. I played the free trial of ARMS, but the game didn't really grab me - interesting character designs, but the gameplay wasn't something that I was interested in or had fun with

:ultsteve: - it got me to try Minecraft again, so that's a plus. I hadn't played Minecraft since the beta (back before Alex and Endermen were in the game), so that was a long time ago. None of the music really sticks out to me (aside from the song from the trailer), the stage was neat, but it's the same problem as Min Min where I find Steve to be a little awkward to play as. (though not to the same extent)

:ultsephiroth: - probably my favourite inclusion of the second pass, though it's bittersweet since it came at the cost of one of my most-wanted characters being turned into a Mii costume. The stage is amazing, and Sephiroth himself is a great inclusion. It felt like a lot of the extra content (the spirits and music, and Cloud having proper spirit artwork) should have been in the base game to begin with.

:ultpyra::ultmythra: - I haven't gotten very far into Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Something about it is off-putting to me - I'm fine with the art style, and even the fanservice isn't a huge deal, but the whole thing seems like it's building up to what's basically a harem anime, where everyone (Pyra, Mythra, Nia, possibly others) is inexplicably attracted to Rex despite him looking much younger than the women in question. Combine that with Tora being really creepy, and it's hard for me to like any of the main characters (or at least the Drivers). Pyra and Mythra were a better choice than Rex in my eyes, and it's great to have more Xenoblade music, but I feel like I'm missing a lot of context (and by extension, a lot of the hype) because I'm not familiar with XC2 or its DLC.

:ultkazuya: - Tekken was a long-overdue inclusion, though Kazuya seems like the least interesting of the main trio. (I would have preferred Heihachi, with Jin as a distant second) Still, it's nice to see more villains being added to the game after previous games barely had any. Much like Castlevania or Pac-Man, this made a lot of sense, but it's not something that I'm super passionate about.

All in all, it's all right. Nothing really sticks out like Pass 1, where we got characters who were completely unexpected (like Joker) or who felt long-overdue (like Banjo and Kazooie). It feels like it's playing it safe, filling in obvious gaps in the line-up/content. (Steve might be the only exception, but even then, they were already working with Microsoft and Minecraft is a huge success story that they currently own - Sephiroth himself wasn't predictable, but we were definitely lacking when it came to Final Fantasy content, seeing as we got the absolute barest minimum)

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Why would be announcing the final character in the Direct anticlimatic? If anything I think anything that isn't annoucing CP11 tomorrow would be anticlimatic.

And for anyone who wants a Final Smash Presentation, I mean, we'll get that anyways. A Sakurai Presents for the last fighter is going to happen, maybe they will rebrand it and call it "Final Smash Presentation" or maybe not, but the Sakurai Presents will probably have a part where Sakurai will talk about the past 3 years of Ultimate and all the characters we got.

I wouldn't expect anything big to close Ultimate to be honest beyond CP11.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Why would be announcing the final character in the Direct anticlimatic? If anything I think anything that isn't annoucing CP11 tomorrow would be anticlimatic.

And for anyone who wants a Final Smash Presentation, I mean, we'll get that anyways. A Sakurai Presents for the last fighter is going to happen, maybe they will rebrand it and call it "Final Smash Presentation" or maybe not, but the Sakurai Presents will probably have a part where Sakurai will talk about the past 3 years of Ultimate and all the characters we got.

We could get another MinMin style announcement. "The final Smash character will NOT be announced today. but please keep your eye out for a direct later in November for more information. Please be excited for a new character which hails from [INSERT RANDOM SERIES/COMPANY HERE]."

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman

Not many people would care about a “final Smash presentation” if we already know the character featured in it.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Anyone hype for any news other than the Smash fighter? like idk Advance Wars stuff or something. Just cuz we don't really have any hints to who the fighter actually is so I have no idea what to talk about regarding them

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Anyone hype for any news other than the Smash fighter? like idk Advance Wars stuff or something. Just cuz we don't really have any hints to who the fighter actually is so I have no idea what to talk about regarding them
There are many things I would like to see. But nothing I expect. I purchased Saga Frontier HD, and i want more HD versions of old games. Give me Megaman Legends HD. Give me Breath of Fire 3/4 HD. Given me an N64 collection. just older games that I can play that is not on my emulator box.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I hope we finally get a Goemon collection from Konami. outside of that. if capcom could start porting Breath of Fire series to switch, that would be nice.
The SNES Online has BoF 1 and 2. BoF 4 and especially 3 would be great though.

And yeah, a Goemon collection with translations of the SNES/PS1 games not in English would be great too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean, Dread. They confirmed a ****ton of areas in today's Dread report but I wanna see more bosses and powerups

CureParfait

Smash Ace
I'm pretty hype for more Diamond and Pearl remake and Splatoon 3 info if there's any on the direct.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

What if we get remakes of Binding Blade and the Blazing Blade combined in a single title?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
More Metroid. All eyes are on Nintendo directs. They've been going hard marketing Dread. Everyone watches directs. Therefore, another trailer makes sense.

Also Xenoblade. Would love a reveal of XC3.

Ivander

Smash Legend

What if we get remakes of Binding Blade and the Blazing Blade combined in a single title?
Both would be good to see. Heck, the Genealogy one I'd be curious about since I wonder how they would remake/translate the very questionable stuff.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The problem I have with this is that nobody would expect an AT to be playable. So if they just went out and told us that before the reveal it would ruin the excitement
No it wouldn't, it would end up being an absolute chaos with Waluigi vs Isaac vs Skull Kid vs Alucard vs Zero vs Knuckles vs Shadow vs all the other characters with a few jokingly gunning for Thwomp.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I haven't gotten very far into Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Something about it is off-putting to me - I'm fine with the art style, and even the fanservice isn't a huge deal, but the whole thing seems like it's building up to what's basically a harem anime, where everyone (Pyra, Mythra, Nia, possibly others) is inexplicably attracted to Rex despite him looking much younger than the women in question. Combine that with Tora being really creepy, and it's hard for me to like any of the main characters (or at least the Drivers).
Well...Nia legit gets friendzoned by Rex when she proclaims her love (they still remain good friends) and she, Pyra, and Mythra are his only love interests. To be honest, the Nia scene didn't really make sense to me since she and Rex don't really have a romantic subplot (or I'm just dense). Nia is also a good character in her own right, and adds a fun dynamic as the straight man a lot of the time.

Torra stops being creepy in the main plot (unless there's an exception I haven't seen yet) so you don't have to worry about him too much, though there are still a few Heart to Hearts with him that revisit his...quirk. To be honest, I like Torra, but I freaking hate his...erm, Master Roshi trope because it undermines his character motivation (which is supposed to be to become a real Driver even though he has no aptitude for it, not because he's horny), and it's just plain creepy. Also he's kinda loud in combat but that's a bit more forgivable.

There are also two more party members, and are arguably the strongest of the five as characters (though Nia has a few spoilery things that make her amazing as well). As for the Blades, Pyra and Mythra are pretty good characters in their own right (IMO Pyra has a more standout moment than Mythra does, though I haven't seen the entire story yet), and they don't completely revolve around Rex. (Also, IMO Mythra as a love interest doesn't make sense to me either since while Rex & Pyra have a normal romantic subplot and most scenes in the game are with these two, the extent of Rex & Mythra's romantic subplot is the stupid and unnecessary sleepwalking scene and much later when Nia teases Mythra she implies that she does have some romantic interest in him and that's it.) Poppi is a good character with a pretty subtle character arc (you might spot it if you pay extra attention to her voice clips), and Dromarch...exists. I mean...He's pleasant, but does basically nothing throughout the entire story.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom