• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
This guy predicted Kazuya and now he’s predicting Lu Bu
Gengar84 Gengar84 this is how you win
Yeah, I’ve been saying Lu Bu is criminally underrated for a while. That doesn’t mean he’s definitely in but I think he at least has a good chance.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ultimate ending with Quote/Curly Brave would be nice actually. All these Indie miis and spirit events only for the final character to actually be the very first Indie character that was ever made.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
This is probably layton’s best shot at being the last dlc rep. Literally about 4/5 days ago out of nowhere got his 1,2 and the anime’s OST’s added to iTunes and they mysteriously skipped Layton 3,4,5,6 and 7. Then we get a direct announcement 5/6 days later. It probably doesn’t mean much but this is his best shot of dlc.
If it makes ya feel better, Takuzo Nagano has been posting lots of Layton art these days, in fact, he just posted an artwork of the man himself just today.
Doesn't mean much for Smash obviously, but a nice good luck artwork eitherway. :dr^_^:
Lets hope for the best fellow Laytonite!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Ultimate ending with Quote/Curly Brave would be nice actually. All these Indie miis and spirit events only for the final character to actually be the very first Indie character that was ever made.
I dunno about literally the first, but definitely one of the first to hit it big. I would love Quote, and if Curly Brace works as an alternate costume, I wouldn't complain there either.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Before the final character come out, just wanna say that i'm sad that Kazuya kinda dipped after a while.

Dude's the most entertaining character to watch, but he is so excecution heavy & unfriendly to newcomer that it's not too hard to see why he isn't played much (from what I seen at least), but it's still a gosh dang shame.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Before the final character come out, just wanna say that i'm sad that Kazuya kinda dipped after a while.

Dude's the most entertaining character to watch, but he is so excecution heavy & unfriendly to newcomer that it's not too hard to see why he isn't played much (from what I seen at least), but it's still a gosh dang shame.
I suck at Smash but I still have a lot of fun playing him against the AI.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I still see tourney videos with Kazuya, it’s the Minecraft Gang I almost never see anymore

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I still see tourney videos with Kazuya, it’s the Minecraft Gang I almost never see anymore
Apparantly Steve Minecraft is rare, but played here and there.

I seen some video of Kazuya recently, but I haven't seen much talk around him.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
It ends tomorrow. We were all waiting for "the direct" and now that it's coming we find a new thing to be paranoid about.
Don't let the blind cynicism get to you. Tomorrow is it.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Did he even do that with E3?

I remember people freaking that E3 wouldn't have Smash due to him not retweeting.
Yes.
I just rechecked and he retweeted it with a "Let's watch! 2x reply" about 20 minutes before the direct started
So if he does this tomorrow within a 30-minute range between the start time and 30 minutes before.... it'll all end then.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Both would be good to see. Heck, the Genealogy one I'd be curious about since I wonder how they would remake/translate the very questionable stuff.
Honestly I don't think it's that big of an issue. Heroes already references some of the more unsavory plot points (one of Ishtar's voice lines explicitly calls out the ritualistic child sacrifices and all that jazz) and Fates has Corrin/Azura lol. Plus even games like Three Houses and Sacred Stones touched on things that can arguably be seen as a lot worse.

I don't know. It's just that like, as someone who really loves FE4 and its story, I do think a lot of the "they'd absolutely need to censor these plot points" fears are a bit overblown. At the end of the day they could include all of it and still maintain a T rating.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It ends tomorrow. We were all waiting for "the direct" and now that it's coming we find a new thing to be paranoid about.
Don't let the blind cynicism get to you. Tomorrow is it.
Should note though that Sm4sh DLC, Ultimate's base game and Ultimate's Pass 1 ended on just a release date announcement. I'm suspecting the same is gonna happen here.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Watch the final fighter be the new protagonist from the next Fire Emblem game.

The salt would be endless.
The only pick that has any sort of realism behind it is Kiran from Fire Emblem: Heroes. It is a possibility, but I highly doubt their response to Byleth was "let's do literally the same thing again".

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Why would this be the first and only full general Direct since Joker's release that forgoes revealing a Smash fighter? "It's the last one" is a non-factor, so what is it? Not wanting to let yourself be excited? Loosen up a bit.
This isn't like Smash for; there's not enough left to show to warrant a "Final Presentation." There's just another fighter and their Sakurai Presents.
We will be seeing who FP11 is tomorrow evening.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Why would this be the first and only full general Direct since Joker's release that forgoes revealing a Smash fighter? "It's the last one" is a non-factor, so what is it? Not wanting to let yourself be excited? Loosen up a bit.
This isn't like Smash for; there's not enough left to show to warrant a "Final Presentation." There's just another fighter and their Sakurai Presents.
We will be seeing who FP11 is tomorrow evening.
Let me repeat without being repetative.
Should note though that Sm4sh DLC, Ultimate's base game and Ultimate's Pass 1 ended on just a release date announcement. I'm suspecting the same is gonna happen here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom