• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
The only bad kind of spoil I am expecting to see in this direct is from Metroid Dread. By this point, there wont be any plot points left unknown to the viewer.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I will laugh if Vergeben tries to act like he knows who CP11 is tomorrow.
I mean, he already made his claim for Master Chief. He doesn't need to say anything. All that needs to happen is for the last fighter to be Master Chief and people will go back to him since he claimed Master Chief earlier.

Let's be real honest, with the way people constantly look at Samus Hunter, people going back to leakers for leaks, whether they are right or wrong, is an inevitability.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean, he already made his claim for Master Chief. He doesn't need to say anything. All that needs to happen is for the last fighter to be Master Chief and people will go back to him since he claimed Master Chief earlier.

Let's be real honest, with the way people constantly look at Samus Hunter, people going back to leakers for leaks, whether they are right or wrong, is an inevitability.
As long as it’s not Tiffany Treadmore or worse, He Who Must Not Be Named…

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Also Vergeben ruined Smash speculation for me for a pretty long time. I hope they fade away by the time the next game rolls around.

Who's "he"?
Sabi. Not only did he fake a C&D, he also literally abused and groomed people and got others blacklisted from the game industry. There’s a long ass Google doc about it BIG ASS TRIGGER WARNING

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
It's going to odd in the future to not have the thread of Smash as something to look for in Directs or Game Awards shows. We've gotten so used to chasing shadows in relation to Smash characters (a few times for Shadow the Hedgehog specifically) that not doing so for the rest of the Switch's lifespan is going to be quite an adjustment.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It's going to odd in the future to not have the thread of Smash as something to look for in Directs or Game Awards shows. We've gotten so used to chasing shadows in relation to Smash characters (a few times for Shadow the Hedgehog specifically) that not doing so for the rest of the Switch's lifespan is going to be quite an adjustment.
I for one am entirely ready to move on.

Expect to see me back when the next game's announcement drops though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well they did announce DLC for Nick All-Stars so that could be a substitute.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Time for this music track to play since I can see this will get chaotic tomorrow afternoon.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna be ballsy, it's gonna be Aiai to promote the upcoming Monkey Ball.

If we do get the reveal tomorrow, it's been a blast speculating and the roster has been incredible. I hope they do one more "everyone is here" montage like e3 with every character DLC included to fully wrap it up. Cheers guys, good luck!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Time for this music track to play since I can see this will get chaotic tomorrow afternoon.
Side-note: A Valve character would be a complete left field in terms of speculation. I mean there was Portal Bridge Builder on Switch and Chell was part of Lego Dimensions so it's not out of the question in terms of the company having some link but man, what a twist that would be.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
You should know from a few months ago that my ankle works at Nintendo (only the right ankle, the other one left the company).
The Final Smash Character is someone whose all moves are a final smash, even the taunts. That's why it's called Final Smash Character, it's not because it's the last one, that's just a coincidence.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
In the event that they do rip the bandage off and it all ends tomorrow…

it’s been fun. Hope you guys all take care of yourselves. I may pop in the social thread on occasion

here’s a song to listen to as you reminisce on the whole thing:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Side-note: A Valve character would be a complete left field in terms of speculation. I mean there was Portal Bridge Builder on Switch and Chell was part of Lego Dimensions so it's not out of the question in terms of the company having some link but man, what a twist that would be.
It could work, but again it is all up to Sakurai to show us of why the character was selected.

Edit: now, I want to play Splatoon 2 again to prep for Splatoon 3 coming next year. Back into the Ink

Last edited:

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Regardless of the character, I hope we get a trailer as cool as Sephiroth's again. Kazuya's trailer was so short and not very exciting because he was revealed immediately with no buildup. That moment of suspense between Galeem getting sliced in half and One Winged Angel starting was amazing.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Random Rhythm Heaven Stage Concept: Rhythm Heaven.

The stage is pretty much just Final Destination with the Rhythm Heaven logo on the front. What makes it unique is the music, with each song having an effect on it. Examples:
  • Samurai Slice (GBA): Later in the song, fog will often roll in for a split second, shrouding the stage in darkness.
  • See-Saw: When the inspectors land on the seesaw, the edge of the opposite side of the stage will flip up, launching players into the air (it doesn't actually hurt you though). When they land on the inner parts, the stage will launch players that are standing more in the middle.
  • Lockstep: There are two sets of semi-solid platforms on the stage that swap with each other when they switch to the backbeat and vice versa.
  • Monkey Watch: You can stand on the hands of the watch.
  • The Dazzles: You can stand on the window sills.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Random Rhythm Heaven Stage Concept: Rhythm Heaven.

The stage is pretty much just Final Destination with the Rhythm Heaven logo on the front. What makes it unique is the music, with each song having an effect on it. Examples:
  • Samurai Slice (GBA): Later in the song, fog will often roll in for a split second, shrouding the stage in darkness.
  • See-Saw: When the inspectors land on the seesaw, the edge of the opposite side of the stage will flip up, launching players into the air (it doesn't actually hurt you though). When they land on the inner parts, the stage will launch players that are standing more in the middle.
  • Lockstep: There are two sets of semi-solid platforms on the stage that swap with each other when they switch to the backbeat and vice versa.
  • Monkey Watch: You can stand on the hands of the watch.
  • The Dazzles: You can stand on the window sills.
Love that idea. I think a RH stage would have to integrate the music in some way.
The only issues there would be with lag in online matches or when people pause the game. They'd have to find some work around for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom