• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Love that idea. I think a RH stage would have to integrate the music in some way.
The only issues there would be with lag in online matches or when people pause the game. They'd have to find some work around for that.
I would say the music just stops when someone pauses, and for the stage to skip to the correct point in the song if the game lags.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Random Rhythm Heaven Stage Concept: Rhythm Heaven.

The stage is pretty much just Final Destination with the Rhythm Heaven logo on the front. What makes it unique is the music, with each song having an effect on it. Examples:
  • Samurai Slice (GBA): Later in the song, fog will often roll in for a split second, shrouding the stage in darkness.
  • See-Saw: When the inspectors land on the seesaw, the edge of the opposite side of the stage will flip up, launching players into the air (it doesn't actually hurt you though). When they land on the inner parts, the stage will launch players that are standing more in the middle.
  • Lockstep: There are two sets of semi-solid platforms on the stage that swap with each other when they switch to the backbeat and vice versa.
  • Monkey Watch: You can stand on the hands of the watch.
  • The Dazzles: You can stand on the window sills.
Any suggestions on soundtracks for the game? Its rhythm heaven afterall.

Ivander

Smash Legend
What would your reaction be if the last character ended up being Adol Christin from Ys?
Pretty cool. And Ys does have killer music. Maybe bring some other Falcom music too?
Y'all aren't ready for the Final Smash Character

Saber is a possibility, since she is still a video game character like Phoenix Wright.
Regardless of the character, I hope we get a trailer as cool as Sephiroth's again. Kazuya's trailer was so short and not very exciting because he was revealed immediately with no buildup. That moment of suspense between Galeem getting sliced in half and One Winged Angel starting was amazing.
There was definitely build-up. Not as much as Sephiroth, but a dead Ganondorf being brought to the volcano while some of us were thinking it was Heihachi, only to be revealed it was Kazuya, was still very much a build-up.
The song on my mind right now.

Everybody's on the hype train. I'm on the hype tank.
Yes, I'm shilling more Phantasy Star and PSO2 music.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Random Rhythm Heaven Stage Concept: Rhythm Heaven.

The stage is pretty much just Final Destination with the Rhythm Heaven logo on the front. What makes it unique is the music, with each song having an effect on it. Examples:
  • Samurai Slice (GBA): Later in the song, fog will often roll in for a split second, shrouding the stage in darkness.
  • See-Saw: When the inspectors land on the seesaw, the edge of the opposite side of the stage will flip up, launching players into the air (it doesn't actually hurt you though). When they land on the inner parts, the stage will launch players that are standing more in the middle.
  • Lockstep: There are two sets of semi-solid platforms on the stage that swap with each other when they switch to the backbeat and vice versa.
  • Monkey Watch: You can stand on the hands of the watch.
  • The Dazzles: You can stand on the window sills.
This is a great idea, I do like that music interact with the stages in a fun way. I guess the downside is that there would be no "my music" menu for this stage (unless you have the possibility to pick a music and the stage never changes).

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
What would your reaction be if the last character ended up being Adol Christin from Ys?
Very surprised, but also very happy.

Ys is a great series and deserves more acknowledgment and love. Well, that applies to Falcom in general to be honest. I could totally see Sakurai doing honor to Falcom's legacy in a similar way as he did with SNK's history. So I guess the choice would also make sense for those who expect a "low profile" addition for the last character.

It's funny, because when it comes to the character itself, I would prefer Estelle over Adol. But as of now I think I enjoy Ys more than Trails. But I'd be happy with both options.

In any case, having Adol in Smash would never be a bad decision, even if it's only because of Ys music.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Any suggestions on soundtracks for the game? Its rhythm heaven afterall.
Uh...Gimme a few hours and hope I don't forget.

This is a great idea, I do like that music interact with the stages in a fun way. I guess the downside is that there would be no "my music" menu for this stage (unless you have the possibility to pick a music and the stage never changes).
It would be fully compatible with My Music actually. The stage would react to the song that was picked, and the songs are picked as normal. Any song that has multiple mini games within it would specifically be from a remix (EDIT: Or a new medley of songs if we get new remixes like that).

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys. Something's been on my mind recently, and I've been wondering what others may think of the idea.

In the event that Nintendo decides to make a live-action Metroid movie, do you all think Blake Lively would make for a good/decent Samus?

I know everyone brings up Brie Larson, but Blake as Samus has been on my mind for the last few days.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Uh...Gimme a few hours and hope I don't forget.

It would be fully compatible with My Music actually. The stage would react to the song that was picked, and the songs are picked as normal. Any song that has multiple mini games within it would specifically be from a remix (EDIT: Or a new medley of songs if we get new remixes like that).
Here are a few suggestions from me:
Air Rally
Fruit Basket
Bunny Hop
Flock Step
Hole in one
Karate Man
Samurai Slice
Remix 8
Remix 10

Firox

Smash Master
Hey guys. Something's been on my mind recently, and I've been wondering what others may think of the idea.

In the event that Nintendo decides to make a live-action Metroid movie, do you all think Blake Lively would make for a good/decent Samus?

I know everyone brings up Brie Larson, but Blake as Samus has been on my mind for the last few days.
I'd certainly take Blake over Brie, though I'm not sure how well Blake would fit the Samus profile in terms of athletics and toughness. Maybe Charlize Theron? IDK.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
To pass the time with a random talking point, would you say :ultmegaman: is the best designed Smash 4 newcomer character from a moveset and gameplay perspective?

Theguy123

Smash Lord
So with the last character assumably coming tomorrow or very soon I wanna throw some Layton speculation out there on my behalf as to why I think it’ll be Layton. Pure speculation so if you don’t agree that’s fine. It’s just speculation

Level 5 cut ties with their American branch late 2020 and said there was no plans games outside of Japan. Fast forward to the last few months and we’ve had

Layton 7 get an official release outside of Japan on the Apple Arcade store

Official Layton merchandise dropped out of nowhere for the Layton franchise

and now we’ve had the official Layton OST’s dropped for Layton 1,2 and the anime.

considering there’s no plans for future game releases outside Japan currently according to level 5, it seems a bit weird to drop these things in the space of a few months leading up to FP11 of smash bros.

what’s really interesting is that they dropped the first 2 games OST’s on iTunes and the anime’s and left out Layton 3,4,5,6 and7’s OST’s.

Wether it leads to anything, who knows. However, I just think it’s weird that all these things have happened over the last few months with 1 fighter left in smash bro’s when level 5 said there was no plans for game releases outside Japan. If there’s no plans for game releases then there’s no reason to specifically go out the way and do these things.

as an example, yo Kai watch doesn’t get merch or it’s OST’s dropped outside of Japan because there’s no plans for anything. They never got mobile releases on the Apple Arcade store. It just feels sus.

D

Deleted member

A new Direct sure did jump this thread a couple of pages up. Thank God they're airing it after work hours instead of in between :)

I had some thoughts about the potential in who the last fighter could be, but before that, will this thread get locked and a new thread on Post-Speculation be made for us to write up final thoughts on the Newcomers in Ultimate as a whole? I don't plan on sticking around after Vol 2 has been fully released, so it'd be nice for me to talk about all of DLC in a dedicated thread on the topic.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
To pass the time with a random talking point, would you say :ultmegaman: is the best designed Smash 4 newcomer character from a moveset and gameplay perspective?
Not really. I'd give the honor to Duck Hunt personally. In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, I'd also consider Palutena and Rosalina & Luma. Otherwise:
  • Villager is probably fine.
  • Mega Man is polarizing
  • Wii Fit Trainer is very strange.
  • Little Mac goes against the rest of the game.
  • Greninja is...alright I guess.
  • The Mii Fighters are kinda boring.
  • PAC-Man is also polarizing.
  • Robin is in a bit of a weird spot.
  • Shulk is very strange.
  • Bowser Jr. is very strange.
  • Ryu and Ken have the aimbot thing.
  • Cloud is alright.
  • Corrin is also alright if a bit boring.
  • Bayonetta is...Bayonetta. She can do some legitimately cool stuff though.
EDIT: That's not to say they're awful designs...for the most part.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Can't believe that after around 5 years. I'l finally get to remove my Sora Avatar for the first time after the fighter is revealed. Whenever it's not him, or it is.

It's weird. I'll miss the dumb "mub Mickey mouse keychain" argument or "Geno is more deserving and iconic/popular" ones.
Fun times.

téléchargement (3).jpeg

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There is only one song appropriate for the situation now.
Final countdown, which was the inspiration for Infinity Mijinion, a boss in Mega Man X6.

It's time guys......For Mega Man X High Max!

Looking forward to Mario Party Superstars. If they confirm Pauline is playable that would be 🔥
That'd be pretty neat. I don't think they showed off Daisy for that game yet, but it'd be weird not to have her. Did any Mario Party have Diddy Kong? I don't think they did, and he'd be cool for that.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Hey y'all, sorry I haven't been on in like a month; I've been playing LOTS AND LOTS of Skyrim (the Dragonborn Mii costume got me hooked on it all over again), and adding mods (and lots of 'em) just made it even longer. ^^;

So anyways, any recent news? I saw a video discussing the Nintendo Direct tomorrow, and it's gotten me excited for it all over again.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Final countdown, which was the inspiration for Infinity Mijinion, a boss in Mega Man X6.

It's time guys......For Mega Man X High Max!

That'd be pretty neat. I don't think they showed off Daisy for that game yet, but it'd be weird not to have her. Did any Mario Party have Diddy Kong? I don't think they did, and he'd be cool for that.
Diddy did finally show up as playable in Mario Party Star Rush, but in general, greater integration between the series and DK should be happening. Beyond the obvious of Diddy and Dixie being playable, DKC themed boards would not only be a novelty, it would also raise the stock of the Country titles a bit. Mario and company traveling through a Bramble Blast level with its own dangers is long overdue.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
There's some options once this dlc pass is over.

A new thread to speculate if bonus materials come after 11 drops like a vol 3 or more Mii costumes spirits etc

Everyone migrate to the social thread

Keep this thread open

A smash 6 thread

A void into which all our new hopes and dreams vanish and there is silence.

But the honest answer is I don't know. I don't like thinking about it because this is a fun discussion thread and it makes me sad to see it go. But we'll have to wait and see what the forum mods decide. I'm just along for the ride 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom