• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't believe this but if true, it'll be a fun co-inky-dink

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
You know it's a good thing Ludosity announced DLC for NASB for those looking for Speculating Platform Fighter goodies. So if you guys wanna jump ship there's the chance. Unfortunately i wouldn't be surprised if that game's DLC lineup alienates me as much as Ultimate's (and NASB's base roster already puts me off, blame my 2000's bias)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You know it's a good thing Ludosity announced DLC for NASB for those looking for Speculating Platform Fighter goodies. So if you guys wanna jump ship there's the chance. Unfortunately i wouldn't be surprised if that game's DLC lineup alienates me as much as Ultimate's as much as Ultimate (and NASB's base roster already puts me off, blame my 2000's bias)
It is a little odd that the only big 00's series in that game are Spongebob and Danny Phantom. I wonder if there was any legal issues with Fairly Odd Parents, Jimmy Neutron and teenage robot.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
For some reason, my gut is telling me it may be Waluigi.
Not Waluigi specifically, but my gut is telling me the color associated with the last fighter is going to end up being purple, despite us bunking that one purple "leak" from a while back (if that can even be called a leak).

Technomage

Smash Champion
I'm really looking forward to pink gold peach as the last fighter.
That'd be a nightmare for Nathaniel Bandy, that's for sure. Plus, that grin your avatar character is making makes your post even funnier. XD

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I'm late to add to this, but for some reason my gut is saying Waluigi. I know that reason and logic does not point to him, and I don't really care much either way for him. It's just... I don't know, I've got a nagging voice telling me it's him, and I could not tell you why.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It is a little odd that the only big 00's series in that game are Spongebob and Danny Phantom. I wonder if there was any legal issues with Fairly Odd Parents, Jimmy Neutron and teenage robot.
FOP is owned by Butch Hartman, Teenage Robot is owned by Frederator, and Nick has just neglected Jimmy Neutron despite how popular it was and not having the same legal issues.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Any suggestions on soundtracks for the game? Its rhythm heaven afterall.
Here's what I came up with (not comprehensive):
  • Karate Man Medley (Remix)
    • The Semi-solid platforms change their layout as Karate Man levels up. His level raises much slower than it does in Rhythm Tengoku, and resets upon looping.
  • Spaceball
    • The screen zooms in and out constantly. (Perhaps not to the exact extent that it does in the original game)
  • The Clappy Trio
    • Does nothing.
  • Samurai Slice (Rhythm Tengoku)
    • Towards the end of the song, fog constantly rolls in and out for a split second, obscuring the action.
  • Sick Beats
    • The fork thingy can hit foes. It does a lot of damage and knockback, but it's decently difficult to get hit by it.
  • The Bon Odori (or it's later 2nd version, Bon Dance, which has a funkier beat)
    • Semi-solid platforms appear where the text does.
  • Remix 2 (Rhythm Tengoku)
    • Includes Samurai Slice, Sick Beats (reprises its effect), Sneaky Spirits (slows down the entire match whenever a spirit gets shot), The Bon Odori (reprises its effect), and Rat Race/Cheese Heist (whenever they stop, you must hide beind an object or you get hit by the cat).
  • Bunny Hop
    • Lowers gravity ever time there's a big hop.
  • Space Dance
    • Does nothing.
  • Night Walk
    • The platforms can be stood on, often creating walk-offs. They constantly scroll to the left however.
  • Bouncy Road
    • You can stand on the closest three...platforms?
  • Tap Trial
    • You can stand on the platform that the tapper are standing on.
  • Wish! Couldn't Wait for You
    • Includes Bouncy Road (reprises its effect), Tap Trial (reprises its effect), Toss Boys, Ninja Bodyguard, and Fireworks (the fireworks have strong hitboxes when they explode).
  • Remix 6 (Rhythm Tengoku)
    • Includes every minigame in Rhythm Tengoku. Most of the ones I didn't mention wouldn't do anything, they'd just be there, but the ones I did retain their stuff (except Samurai Slice).
  • Built to Scale 2 (Rhythm Heaven)
    • Everyone becomes slightly faster once the tempo speeds up.
  • Glee Club (Remix)
    • One of the few songs that does nothing. It's here simply because it has to be.
  • Thrilling! Is this Love?
    • The monkies are at the bottom of the foreground.
  • Blue Birds
    • You can stand on the platform that the Drill Seargent is standing on.
  • Crop Stomp
    • The Crop Stomper will go back and forth on the stage, burying anyone close to him when he stomps, and then launching them afterward.
  • Love Ooh Ooh Paradise
    • You can stand on the windowsills.
  • Remix 3 (Rhythm Heaven)
    • Includes Love Lizards, Crop Stomp, Freeze Frame (Takes pictures of the fighters, which are presented to the screen), and The Dazzles.
  • DJ School
    • Knockback is reduced when when they break, but is higher than normal when they scratch the record.
  • Splashdown
    • There's water surrounding the main platform.
  • Young Love Rock 'n' Roll
    • There's an asymetrical semi-solid platform layout that flips whenever they "spin it boys!"
  • Lockstep
    • There are two platform layouts that swap between each other when they flip from on beat to back beat and vice versa.
  • Remix 8 (Rhythm Heaven)
    • This has every minigame in Rhythm Heaven. Just like last time a bunch of the minigames retain their effect, but not all of them do.
  • That's Paradise
    • Nothing is different here.
  • Hole in One
    • The golf balls are lobbed at the stage, and will hit players. Mandrill's balls will be hit toward the screen so they hit players faster.
  • Screwbot Factory 2
    • The lights periodically go out so all you have to work with are spotlights that move around.
  • See-Saw
    • When the inspectors land on the seesaw, the edge of the opposite side of the stage will flip up, launching players into the air (it doesn't actually hurt you though). When they land on the inner parts, the stage will launch players that are standing more in the middle.
  • Monkey Watch
    • You can stand on the hands of the watch when they're not at too harsh an angle.
  • Air Rally
    • You can stand on the planes when they're in their default position.
  • Tonight
    • Includes Working Dough, Figure Fighter (causes black bars to appear on the top and bottom of the screen, obscuring the action), Air Rally, and Built to Scale (Rhythm Heaven Fever)
  • Ringside
    • Gives you a buff if you "pose for the fans" by taunting.
  • Samurai Slice (Rhythm Heaven Fever)
    • Presents a transparent story in the foreground midway through that slightly obscures the action.

Includes

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'm really looking forward to pink gold peach as the last fighter.
Pink Gold Peach was only added in Mario Kart so she could be a complement to Metal Mario, and while Metal Mario technically debuted in Super Mario 64, he gained a lot of popularity as his own character thanks to Smash, so ironically her addition would be influenced by Smash itself.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I can think of 2. Rayman and a Sonic character, most likely Dr. Eggman
Resident Evil rep.

Spirit event was during Pass 1, there's a possibility a rep could have been considered for Pass 1 but things fell through and so that 6th slot could be for one of them.

Also possibly Akira Howard and Rhythm Heaven rep (Given a character was planned for Sm4sh).

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Possibly, yes.

Jimmy Neutron was made in partnership with O Entertaintment and DNA Productions, and since the latter is defunct it's probably harder to get the rights. as for Timmy and Jenny, both shows being made by Federator is the likely reason. It's also why the Eds weren't in PTE, as that show was made a co-production alongside A.K.A Cartoon, so they (or at least those who worked on it) own some copyright to the Eds.

Due to Smash's influence, people take for granted how hard licensing characters for crossovers actually is. Sakurai here has made parthnerships with multiple japanese companies and even non-Nintendo companies outside Japan, while NASB can't even get ownerships to one of their supposed "own" Nicktoons.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Jimmy Neutron was made in partnership with O Entertaintment and DNA Productions, and since the latter is defunct it's probably harder to get the rights.
I think the rights were fully given to Nick after DNA's closure, allowing Planet Sheen to be a thing.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Superheavy Peach clone who's slightly slower, falls extremely fast, can't float, and has Tough Gal? I can get down with that... as an alternate universe's base-game pick. I don't think that'd fly as paid DLC, haha.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I think the rights were fully given to Nick after DNA's closure, allowing Planet Sheen to be a thing.
Yeah you are right. It's just for some reason Jimmy Nuetron has been on the neglected. You would think that he would get a revival special, like a Netflix Movie where he and his friends go to save Sheen or something. But nothing has materialized, yet Zim, Arnold and Rocko all got revivals of sorts. I think his show is the only major Nicktoon to not get some sort of revival, as the likes of Jenny were always nicher shows anyway, jet Jimmy on his heyday was as important as FOP (which is getting a Live Action Reboot)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Gamexplain's take on the Direct in regards to Smash is.... odd.

"There won't be Smash because it'll overshadow every other thing they have."

.....you mean like every Direct with Smash in it ever?
"The walking video game ads will outshadow ths other game by being a video game ads"

Thanks you GameXplain, but I think you're 3 years late

WahHahaha

Smash Ace

I mean it's not even true. Smash is big, it would probably take a lot of the attention from other games. But I don't know if it would completely overshadow like... Mario Party Superstars for example, which is also a very anticipated release and will probably get a final 2 boards reveal tomorrow.

They could also surprise us and reveal a new Mario Kart game or something, even if it's unlikely. Also it's heavily rumored that N64 might come to NSO online. So would Smash take most of the attention? Probably. But I don't know if it would overshadow everything.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
My personal speculation has led me to conclude our final fighter is likely 3rd party. I'm looking at Square and Microsoft as potential candidates for a 3rd party double dip

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Can't believe Metroid Dread went completely unnoticed thanks to John Tekken hogging up the spotlight.
I thought that guy's name was Tekken Graphics. Did Dunkey lie to me? Like that time he lied when he said the Sega Gemesis (created by Reggie after he was pissed the Marios sold 3.9 billion copies) ushered in a golden age, and the only game produced in said age was Tarzan for PS1?

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I thought that guy's name was Tekken Graphics. Did Dunkey lie to me? Like that time he lied when he said the Sega Gemesis (created by Reggie) ushered in a golden age, and the only game produced in said age was Tarzan for PS1?
I think he changed his name in light of being told about the new Yeezus shoes, but I could be wrong there. I didn't finish Tekken, since it's the world's first horror game.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord

Please don't tell me that this is a "stealth leak".

I just want this ride to end.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
My personal speculation has led me to conclude our final fighter is likely 3rd party. I'm looking at Square and Microsoft as potential candidates for a 3rd party double dip
No that's not how it works. They're not gonna go from Tekken to another big 3rd party. I don't think we've ever gone from big 3rd party crossover to another big 3rd party crossover that quickly. Also we already had Minecraft earlier in the pass, so like.. what could they do in regards to 3rd party characters that would somehow be big enough to end the pass?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
No that's not how it works. They're not gonna go from Tekken to another big 3rd party. I don't think we've ever gone from big 3rd party crossover to another big 3rd party crossover that quickly. Also we already had Minecraft earlier in the pass, so like.. what could they do in regards to 3rd party characters that would somehow be big enough to end the pass?
Master Chief. Easy.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Hmm, either nobody knows or nobody cares about what NateDrake has said, and I'm kinda chill with it either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom