• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
No that's not how it works. They're not gonna go from Tekken to another big 3rd party. I don't think we've ever gone from big 3rd party crossover to another big 3rd party crossover that quickly. Also we already had Minecraft earlier in the pass, so like.. what could they do in regards to 3rd party characters that would somehow be big enough to end the pass?
Steve to Sephiroth?

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah because crossing over with Final Fantasy 7 for the 2nd time is definitely just as big as minecraft, the most popular game in the world.
Irrelevant. Final Fantasy 7 is still one of the most iconic and prolific rpgs of all time. You never gave any defined rules to what you said, meaning what I said is perfectly valid.

MattX20

Smash Hero
If Chief isn't the next Microsoft rep, another Rare character like Fulgore might stand a shot. Same with Joana Dark or Conker

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Irrelevant. Final Fantasy 7 is still one of the most iconic and prolific rpgs of all time. You never gave any defined rules to what you said, meaning what I said is perfectly valid.
No it's not irrelevant, that's exactly what you were arguing against. You highlighted the post where I said "big third party crossover to big third party crossover"

You can keep trying to find a way to try and make me sound wrong if you want, but it won't be that easy for you.

Shroob

Sup?
No it's not irrelevant, that's exactly what you were arguing against. You highlighted the post where I said "big third party crossover to big third party crossover"

You can keep trying to find a way to try and make me sound wrong if you want, but it won't be that easy for you.
Final Fantasy 7

Big 3rd party crossover

There, easy.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Final Fantasy 7

Big 3rd party crossover

There, easy.

I could try and say that wasn't what I said in the first place, but since you'll use that against me I'm just gonna say it again, crossing over with the same game twice is not a huge third party crossover. It's a huge third party crossover if it's something that's not in the game, like Minecraft or Tekken, and is a popular franchise.

So, I'll say it one more time. They've never gone from big third party crossover to big third party crossover. They didn't do Minecraft after Tekken, they didn't do Hero immediately after Joker. Please stop reading into what I'm saying to find your own interpretation of it and using it against me. That's just an unfair way to argue.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Warning Issued
He doesn't need to try tbh
I love it when people who aren't even involved into the discussion shove themselves into the discussion to just say one sentence, trying to farm likes even though they were never involved in it to begin with.

Keep it up, you are so funny!

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Would you like to share with the class, or just sit in a corner and pretend to be witty?
Firstly, there's no reason to be rude.

Secondly, I don't have to try to be witty. It comes naturally.

Lastly, if it hasn't been brought up here already, apparently no one here cares enough. I can understand this, since the last news he had that was true was about a minor Switch update I believe, and his most recent stuff was wrong...though I'll admit I haven't paid attention to him all THAT much, so I may be mixing up the timelines here. This is what happens when you say you are gonna leave the leak game and then come back without real leaks.

If you care enough, feel free to look it up. As far as I'm concerned, what he said doesn't mean much other than a part of it that people will simply dismiss because of their mindsets here, a part that doesn't even have anything to do with this Direct...or at least I assume it wouldn't. I'm not sure your attitude is owed a proper response.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Lastly, if it hasn't been brought up here already, apparently no one here cares enough. I can understand this, since the last news he had that was true was about a minor Switch update I believe, and his most recent stuff was wrong...though I'll admit I haven't paid attention to him all THAT much, so I may be mixing up the timelines here. This is what happens when you say you are gonna leave the leak game and then come back without real leaks.

If you care enough, feel free to look it up. As far as I'm concerned, what he said doesn't mean much other than a part of it that people will simply dismiss because of their mindsets here, a part that doesn't even have anything to do with this Direct...or at least I assume it wouldn't. I'm not sure your attitude is owed a proper response.
Forgive me if I sound rude, but can you at least share what he said?

WahHahaha

Smash Ace

"Guys there was a leak but I'm not gonna tell you what it was, just look it up and try to find the exact thing that he said in either one of his 2 hour podcast, one of his hundreds of tweets on twitter or one of his posts on resetera that can't be accessed unless you pay for an email account"

Really?

Shroob

Sup?

:smirk:

Rule of thumb, but a person who thinks themselves as witty or clever, is usually not.

And I mean, no offense pal, but what exactly are you trying to do here?

Every other person when they see #leakerman post something just, ya know, posts it. They don't try to be vague or clever, they just, ya know, post it. Going effectively "Hmmmm, well, so and so said something!" and not posting it is just asinine when, I mean, it's the internet, it takes ten seconds to find things.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
My last prediction was:
1. Phantasy Star character
2. Master Chief
3. Chosen Undead from Dark Souls
4. Reimu from Touhou
5. Bill Rizer & Lance Bean from Contra

Those 5 predictions I feel are very likely IMO, aside from the common Splatoon and Pokemon predictions. If I had to add any others I feel are underdogs, they are Saber from Fate/Stay Night, Adol Christin from Ys and either Gran/Djeeta or Katalina from Granblue Fantasy.
Bill and Lance would be so hype for me. Contra was one of my favorite childhood games.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
"Guys there was a leak but I'm not gonna tell you what it was, just look it up and try to find the exact thing that he said in either one of his 2 hour podcast, one of his hundreds of tweets on twitter or one of his posts on resetera that can't be accessed unless you pay for an email account"

Really?
I don't particularly owe the people in this forum anything, and the response I get when I do share things (leaks or discussion) is met with vitriol regardless of my tone, so why would I? Especially since I don't find it that relevant.

Felt like you would understand, considering the history I've seen you have in this chat.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

bottom text

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I don't particularly owe the people in this forum anything, and the response I get when I do share things (leaks or discussion) is met with vitriol regardless of my tone, so why would I? Especially since I don't find it that relevant.

Felt like you would understand, considering the history I've seen you have in this chat.

Then don't bring it up. It makes no sense to say "there was a leak" and not tell anybody anything about it. If you want to discuss it, then discuss it. If you don't, then don't say anything.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch it be a Capcom character and it's Firebrand

Hey, if Kazuya can get in while Heihachi's a costume, surely he can get in while Arthur's a costume, right?
I want Phoenix Wright or Amaterasu the most but not gonna lie. I'd be pretty content with this guy.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Gamexplain's take on the Direct in regards to Smash is.... odd.

"There won't be Smash because it'll overshadow every other thing they have."

.....you mean like every Direct with Smash in it ever?
GameXplain hasn’t been the same since Derek and Ash left. I haven’t really watched since then.

Shroob

Sup?

People may disagree with Wah, but he also just says things he wants to say. They may lead into heated discussions, but at the end of the day, he speaks his mind and doesn't try to be coy about things.

We may disagree with him, but I'll always respect him for just getting to the point.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
...... Now why we gotta get bent the day before it's all over. Maybe we should just shut this down....

Uhhhh wasn't it deliberately stated this was going to be it. It came from Sakurai himself.
I just think that it's possible something more could come though I don't know what.... Not necessarily a fighter tho.

Are you not also part of the decision process? You know.... as a mod.

Just confused by the talking in third person is all.
Lol it's cool but Rei got it I'm not a mod here. I have made my personal suggestions for the future of this motley crew known to the staff of course but ultimately it'll be up to the specific forum mods in the character discussion forum.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
My personal speculation has led me to conclude our final fighter is likely 3rd party. I'm looking at Square and Microsoft as potential candidates for a 3rd party double dip
I hope you’re right. The Battletoads, Fulgore, and Magus are three of my most wanted characters for Smash. Xemnas would be awesome too but I feel like his chances are even lower than the above three.

Shroob

Sup?
...... Now why we gotta get bent the day before it's all over. Maybe we should just shut this down....

I just think that it's possible something more could come though I don't know what.... Not necessarily a fighter tho.

Lol it's cool but Rei got it I'm not a mod here. I have made my personal suggestions for the future of this motley crew known to the staff of course but ultimately it'll be up to the specific forum mods in the character discussion forum.
I really don't get the point of breaking up staff by boards.

Maybe it's just something I'm not privvy too, but considering how few staff members are online at any one time, what happens if something goes wrong on a part of the site that no currently online staff have any jurisdiction over happens.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
It might very well depend on the fighter themselves, but where are we thinking in terms of placement for the last fighter? Does the Direct open with them to get it over and done with, or do they save them till the end to give the Direct a big finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom