• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It might very well depend on the fighter themselves, but where are we thinking in terms of placement for the last fighter? Does the Direct open with them to get it over and done with, or do they save them till the end to give the Direct a big finish?
Thinking end especially if the fighter is a really hyped one.

Which I doubt given Smash's history ending anti-climatically.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I really don't get the point of breaking up staff by boards.

Maybe it's just something I'm not privvy too, but considering how few staff members are online at any one time, what happens if something goes wrong on a part of the site that no currently online staff have any jurisdiction over happens.
Haha well that is why busier areas of the site have multiple mods. Years ago, and I guess technically speaking this is still true, we had mods that stayed strictly within their boards then super mods who could oversee everything but these days the majority of traffic is in just a handful of places so it works out. Plus we have admins too. Though rarely an issue will occur that goes untended for awhile (oh God not that phrase again) but it's really not a problem all things considered.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It might very well depend on the fighter themselves, but where are we thinking in terms of placement for the last fighter? Does the Direct open with them to get it over and done with, or do they save them till the end to give the Direct a big finish?
I think the direct will start with a short introduction by the figurehead of the day who will very quickly transition into the smash trailer.

The end of the direct will be reserved for a "bombshell" game that isn't releasing Winter. My money's on Bayonetta 3 finally coming out of hibernation, though Metroid Prime 4 getting another teaser is a distinct possibility.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think the direct will start with a short introduction by the figurehead of the day who will very quickly transition into the smash trailer.

The end of the direct will be reserved for a "bombshell" game that isn't releasing Winter. My money's on Bayonetta 3 finally coming out of hibernation, though Metroid Prime 4 getting another teaser is a distinct possibility.
Oh yeah, that's definitely true,

Bayonetta 3 for all intents 'should' appear this Direct if what the devs say is true, huh.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Then don't bring it up. It makes no sense to say "there was a leak" and not tell anybody anything about it. If you want to discuss it, then discuss it. If you don't, then don't say anything.
It was more just stating surprise that no one was talking about it, since this thread talks about everything, whether it's big news or garbage. I only show up once in a while, so I miss a lot of stuff, and figured everyone got over it already or you didn't know because no one cares about NateDrake anymore.

Turns out people didn't know and they do care, which I didn't expect.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well anyway, since people care so much about what a leaker who seems to have gotten questionable over time has said, I suppose I'll just state this useless information.

Basically, NateDrake seemingly made a joke that all the Twitter trending characters aren't in. However, I'm not sure how this is quantifiable because many characters get trending on Twitter on and off, but seemingly he's referring to characters like Dante, Crash, and Sora. This could potentially include Chief, which is why I don't trust this because Chief's chances are fairly high.

In response, he makes the above tweet, claiming he's known of several of the characters in advance.

However, while he directly names Dante, Crash and Sora, he doesn't name Chief directly...but once again, given his recent record, I'm not sure any of this matters that much.

There, Smash Boards Overlords appeased. Told ya it was basically nothing.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh yeah, that's definitely true,

Bayonetta 3 for all intents 'should' appear this Direct if what the devs say is true, huh.
Precisely.
Nintendo and Platinum are both pointing fingers at each other saying that the other side is the ones holding up the Bayo 3 news so it'd make sense then that this is only true if this direct has Bayonetta 3 news in it.
Adol over Estelle for Falcom rep?
based

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Really crazy how I'm more excited for other parts of the direct and not the possible final fighter.

Bayo 3 feels long overdue. I imagine there'd be a few things we would have seen already if 2020 didn't exist.

As much as I want Prime 4 I feel like they're gonna hold it until they have something really substantial to show. I think they would have something to show at this point but let's not kid ourselves. Prime 4 is releasing at the earliest holiday next year, but more likely the year after that. I think they'll wait to show footage closer to release.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It was more just stating surprise that no one was talking about it, since this thread talks about everything, whether it's big news or garbage. I only show up once in a while, so I miss a lot of stuff, and figured everyone got over it already or you didn't know because no one cares about NateDrake anymore.

Turns out people didn't know and they do care, which I didn't expect.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well anyway, since people care so much about what a leaker who seems to have gotten questionable over time has said, I suppose I'll just state this useless information.

Basically, NateDrake seemingly made a joke that all the Twitter trending characters aren't in. However, I'm not sure how this is quantifiable because many characters get trending on Twitter on and off, but seemingly he's referring to characters like Dante, Crash, and Sora. This could potentially include Chief, which is why I don't trust this because Chief's chances are fairly high.

In response, he makes the above tweet, claiming he's known of several of the characters in advance.

However, while he directly names Dante, Crash and Sora, he doesn't name Chief directly...but once again, given his recent record, I'm not sure any of this matters that much.

There, Smash Boards Overlords appeased. Told ya it was basically nothing.
Despite the fact Dante is a mii thus should be deconfirmed.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I don't know much about NateDrake's leak history but guessing that Sora (from a company that's already had a character in the pass and is in an ownership quagmire), Crash (from a Western company with no Smash history) and Dante (who's already been deconfirmed via Mii Costume) won't get in?

It's not exactly an out there statement.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Despite the fact Dante is a mii thus should be deconfirmed.
Hey man, what can I say? Some fans are more loyal than others, I've learned that the hard way.

Also, we already know that Mii Costumes don't have one set stance, but I would agree that Dante isn't coming based on that brand new costume. But, who really knows. It's one of the many reasons I don't take this statement seriously.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I think that one thing is to have had inside knowledge of base roster or FP1 and other one is about FP2.

I mean, even people like Vergeben got info of base game roster correctly and iirc there were some posters here that got knowledge of FP1 fighters, like Banjo, before their announcement.

But so far, there has been very few leaks of CP2 fighters. I mean, lts possible Nate has heard names of potential collaborations for Smash but he also said that some things he heard never come to light.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Lu Bu over Hayabusa for KT rep?

Adol over Estelle for Falcom rep?

Hyabusa is cool and would make for a great Smash character but he was basically deconfirmed in interviews. The Warriors franchise has also surpassed Ninja Gaiden in terms of relevance with 9 mainline Dynasty Warriors games, 5 mainline Samurai Warriors games, and countless spin-offs including several with Nintendo properties with Zelda, Fire Emblem, and Pokémon if you count Conquest.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
It just seems odd that Nate would shoot down so many characters, but then go on to say that "Waluigi has a chance" without explicitly saying he knows who the last fighter is.

Obviously leakers aren't always right, but this is the first time I've seen one publicly acknowledge Waluigi as a possibility.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I have the feeling that Nate thinks the last character is a first party rep.

Go chorus kids.
The Gematsu Prophecy MUST. BE. FULFILLED.

Bruh, if we finally see Bayo 3

We're living in a timeline where SMTV and Bayo 3 aren't vaporware anymore.
Ah yes, a timeline where Dread, SMTV and B3 aren't just vaporware.

....now where the **** is Pikmin 4?

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
God the salt if we got a RH character would be so annoying.
Rhythm Heaven is such a great series and it deserves a character.
It would be confusing to me if that happened because Rhythm heaven has not had a recent title, or a title on the switch.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Something to remember about Nate is he said that we'd get Hayabusa during FP1 iirc.

I don't see Hayabusa.

Regardless, if anyone were to leak Smash info, it'd be PracticalBrush12, and even he admits that "Smash info is hard to get", which is why he hasn't leaked anything since Steve IRT Smash.
He did? When? (Nate I mean)

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Something to remember about Nate is he said that we'd get Hayabusa during FP1 iirc.

I don't see Hayabusa.

Regardless, if anyone were to leak Smash info, it'd be PracticalBrush12, and even he admits that "Smash info is hard to get", which is why he hasn't leaked anything since Steve IRT Smash.
He was also one of the first people to leak 3D all stars. Leakers can get wrong info on smash characters sometimes.

The fact that he thinks Waluigi has a chance is interesting to me though.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It just seems odd that Nate would shoot down so many characters, but then go on to say that "Waluigi has a chance" without explicitly saying he knows who the last fighter is.

Obviously leakers aren't always right, but this is the first time I've seen one publicly acknowledge Waluigi as a possibility.
It is strange to imply you know who the character is, shoot down the other popular characters and then deliberately not shoot down one.

He made a Twitter post with a .gif of Hayabusa opening his blade and said something like "Up next, Hayabusa."
Are you talking about this?

I suppose it comes down to interpretation, but between Nate never really outright leaking characters like this and the context of the tweet, I think he's talking about impactful franchises/character that should make their way into Smash.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
He was also one of the first people to leak 3D all stars. Leakers can get wrong info on smash characters sometimes.

The fact that he thinks Waluigi has a chance is interesting to me though.
To be fair, it's not too hard to see the things Waluigi has going for him. If it weren't for his status as an Assist Trophy, or the whole Mario 35th Anniversary thing, he would probably be a frontrunner in my mind, at least for 1st parties.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I've repeated it again and again during this whole pass.
Leaking smash characters post Terry/SNK **** up, is such an hard mission, that it would probably just be easier to hack the Nintendo Server and do a Megaleak 3.
We've got Hero, Banjo and Terry leaked, then nothing, Imran Khan that tease Min-min a week before and then Zhuge who tease Steve like 10 min before the direct, then Nadamentoooos.
So, unless PracticalBrushes can find the mystical info about the final last fighter, which, I'm sure would be something hard to find. I don't think a leak is happening.

Shroob

Sup?
I've repeated it again and again during this whole pass.
Leaking smash characters post Terry/SNK **** up, is such an hard mission, that it would probably just be easier to hack the Nintendo Server and do a Megaleak 3.
We've got Hero, Banjo and Terry leaked, then nothing, Imran Khan that tease Min-min a week before and then Zhuge who tease Steve like 10 min before the direct, then Nadamentoooos.
So, unless PracticalBrushes can find the mystical info about the final last fighter, which, I'm sure would be something hard to find. I don't think a leak is happening.
Brush leaked Steve too tbh. However, you're correct, leaks have been high and dry since Steve.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
To be fair, it's not too hard to see the things Waluigi has going for him. If it weren't for his status as an Assist Trophy, or the whole Mario 35th Anniversary thing, he would probably be a frontrunner in my mind, at least for 1st parties.
Why would he not shoot down Waluigi though? He's implying that Waluigi has a higher chance than Master Chief and Crash who are 2 heavily speculated characters.

That's the only thing I brought up, I wasn't even talking about the arguments against Waluigi. Just the fact that Nate considers him a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom