• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Yeah have to say that trailer is awesome can’t wait. But anyways to keep on topic wonder if they would shadow drop a smash direct they did it with the Mario 35th one

The suspense is really building up now..

9 am and/or 10 am can't come any sooner

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I hate to be off Topic, but that Spiderman trailer is hitting all the right beats. I have been completely spoiler free so its neat to finally know some information on it. I was worried it was going to be delayed after how long its been taking to get anything official.

Glad the stinger of FFH is being addressed and attempting to be erased. I never was a fan of Peters identity being public knowledge.

Doc Ock is my favorite Spiderman villain and looks really similar to the one in the Rami trilogy for some reason, not that I’m complaining. Though my memory is not the most up to date since I haven’t seen those films since I was a tot.

Doctor Strange getting a side role is really cool, he’s one of my favorite MCU characters so I’ll take any chance to see more of him.

Green Goblin is cool, though I am worried about how the movie will handle multiple big antagonists. Its kinda hardline to sideline a big villain like Goblin the same way they sidelined a lesser one like Shocker.

Can’t wait for this. December is too far away lol.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I hate to be off Topic, but that Spiderman trailer is hitting all the right beats. I have been completely spoiler free so its neat to finally know some information on it. I was worried it was going to be delayed after how long its been taking to get anything official.

Doc Ock is my favorite Spiderman villain and looks really similar to the same one in the Ramy trilogy for some reason, not that I’m complaining. Though my memory is not the most up to date since I haven’t seen those films since I was a tot.

Doctor Strange getting a side role is really cool, he’s one of my favorite MCU characters so I’ll take any chance to see more of him.

Green Goblin is cool, though I am worried about how the movie will handle multiple big antagonists. Its kinda hardline to sideline a big villain like Goblin the same way they sidelined a lesser one like Shocker.

Can’t wait for this. December is too far away lol.
I've been thinking they're going to put the three Peters and potentially Strange against The Sinister Six from the Marvel Comics.. with ofc their own unique spin on who these 6 will be
One example of a group of 6 they could do is Doc Ock, Electro (Foxx is confirmed to be in the cast and I suspect it's because of this), Sandman, Vulture, Green Goblin, The Shocker, and Mysterio

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Does feel like 'something' though.

The question is, what.

Random-ass maintenance not tied to anything seems weird.
Could very well just be for stability.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I've been thinking they're going to put the three Peters and potentially Strange against The Sinister Six from the Marvel Comics.. with ofc their own unique spin on who these 6 will be
One example of a group of 6 they could do is Doc Ock, Electro (Foxx is confirmed to be in the cast and I suspect it's because of this), Sandman, Vulture, Green Goblin, The Shocker, and Mysterio
Theres gonna be three Peters? The trailer did mention a multiverse so I guess I missed something. I love a good teamup. Sandman returning is a dream

To get back on topic. Did we miss another event? That would be I think the third time in recent memory this has happened. I wonder why the shift in schedule. We might be getting CP11 in September after all. Good thing I didn’t bet a hat on anything.

Things really are ramping up.

Edit:Just got to the post about being off topic, sorry.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Guaranteed it's not a character.

They would have less than a day to market it.

Which Smash does not like doing.
But..... we could be waiting for what we have been waiting for. A 4 package featuring:
-The biggest battlefield, even bigger and and twica as many platforms
-The smallest battlefield, a bit smaller with a single platform
-The first destination: a smaller final destination
-The ultimate destination: a bigger final destination

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
We've had random maintenance precede new Smash information by a week or so in the past before. Keep in mind that September's barely over a week from now and going off the fact we've had an Indie direct and Pokemon presentation a week apart from each other, that usually means a September direct is not far off, usually not more than 2 weeks after the Pokemon presentation. That lines up currently with September the 1st, a Wednesday.

7NATOR

Smash Master
So I looked a little further back in the timeline in terms of maintenance of Smash (not all the way to FP1, might do that later)

There's been 2 instances of us getting Maintenance that's not a Main update or Hotfix

-Small Battlefield (On the day of I believe). Also on the day Small Battlefield came out, we also had a delay in Info of Spirit Event or Tournament, though I think it may have only been by like 10 Minutes until Small Battlefield showed uo

-Right before Sephiroth's Presentation (like a few days). The Maintenance was in place probably for the update with Sephiroth's Challenge, which also had Sephiroth and Northern Cave in it, but none of the balancing patches, Spirit Event, or Mii Costumes

Keep in mind the maintenance didn't have the content themselves, it was for preparing for the update when it came

The Time this update is coming out is way Too Early in the morning to be for any type of Shadowdrop, at least the day of. Like with the Maintenance before Sephiroth, we could be in the prepping stages for an update that might contain some Substantial content

I would pay attention to Tomorrow I guess for any Smash Direct or Presentation (or even just a General Direct) announcement. If it involves CP11, then CP11 is also releasing this week, which would be hype. If it doesn't involve CP11, then at least we bound to get something else cool though.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
It could totally be some sort of game update, though a character on such short notice seems odd.
Couldn't it also just be... server maintenance? We get hype all the time but it is an actual thing that happens with servers sometimes...
But hey, I'm hopeful!

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It could totally be some sort of game update, though a character on such short notice seems odd.
Couldn't it also just be... server maintenance? We get hype all the time but it is an actual thing that happens with servers...
lol Nintendo actually working on anything related to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's online.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
To bring the conversation back to Monkey Ball for a bit, I was just thinking about its chances. I think it has a fair shot of getting a character but my main issue is, what would the moveset look like? I imagine this is a fairly common question but I wanted to ask myself and it's not like we have much else to talk about anyways. Anywho I struggle to see how this would work since the character is essentially just a big ball, which sounds like it would make for limited movement and attack options. But to be fair I don't know a lot about Monkey Ball, so fans of the series, take it away!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
To bring the conversation back to Monkey Ball for a bit, I was just thinking about its chances. I think it has a fair shot of getting a character but my main issue is, what would the moveset look like? I imagine this is a fairly common question but I wanted to ask myself and it's not like we have much else to talk about anyways. Anywho I struggle to see how this would work since the character is essentially just a big ball, which sounds like it would make for limited movement and attack options. But to be fair I don't know a lot about Monkey Ball, so fans of the series, take it away!
Not a fan but I know the ball can open up to become a paraglider so they're not stuck in it persay. I'd imagine a Monkey Ball character would be out of the ball until you used a specific move, and since it's Monkey Ball, the character would rely on said moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom