• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
The more I think about it, the more I wish Mach Rider made it in Ultimate, or earlier even.

Dude (Girl?) look so cool (tho it could be my love of Biker outfit speakin' here), and a moveset involving their bike could have made for a really unique human character.

Alas, any chances they had is kinda close to 0.222222222 and counting % these days. (God dang Grinch)
Ah another man of culture

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Holy ****, Ultimate is actually a horribly rushed piece of work that is only as good as it is because of Sakurai, Bamco, and the team doing one hell of a job.

Every single one of us fans have been ripped off by Nintendo in terms of this game, and we continue to be so through the DLC.

Jesus Nintendo, get your **** together and start pumping out those requests because you really have a lot of people to please that you haven't done that good of a job of as much as you've pissed people off.

EDIT: This is a summary of a realization I had about Ultimate's development as well as the history of Smash's development, in combination with a lot of Nintendo's choices during this Switch Era. If you want more elaboration, I can give it, but I was trying to avoid making a big-ass post.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Holy ****, Ultimate is actually a horribly rushed piece of work that is only as good as it is because of Sakurai, Bamco, and the team doing one hell of a job.

Every single one of us fans have been ripped off by Nintendo in terms of this game, and we continue to be so through the DLC.

Jesus Nintendo, get your **** together and start pumping out those requests because you really have a lot of people to please that you haven't done that good of a job of as much as you've pissed people off.

EDIT: This is a summary of a realization I had about Ultimate's development as well as the history of Smash's development, in combination with a lot of Nintendo's choices during this Switch Era. If you want more elaboration, I can give it, but I was trying to avoid making a big-ass post.
That's a bit sudden, don't you think?

osby

Smash Obsessed

Someone's having "the final reveal is approaching" panic.

Staarih

Smash Master
Hold on to that anger until the next game since Ultimate has only one DLC slot left so there's hardly any "pumping out requests" happening anymore.

Or just let it go, that's healthier.

Last edited:

subterrestrial

Smash Ace

they built ultimate using sm4sh as a base instead of starting from scratch like every other installment. and you can tell tbh, its basically a port

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Smash Ultimate base roster and DLC has been very varied and Nintendo did a good job to cater different audiences..

Are you a hardcore smash fan? Here it is King K Rool, Ridley, Chrom, Dark Samus, Daisy and Banjo-Kazooie

Are you a bit younger and enjoyed modern nintendo games? Here lt is Isabelle, Inklings, Incineroar, Min Min, Pyra/Myrtha and Byleth

Are you maybe more an RPG and/or Playstation fan? Here is Joker, Hero and Sephiroth

Are you into fighting games? Here is Ken, Terry and Kazuya

Does your kids play minecraft every day? You can now play as Steve in Smash!

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Lesley!!!! :D
Don't know why you're excited about this...

To bring the conversation back to Monkey Ball for a bit, I was just thinking about its chances. I think it has a fair shot of getting a character but my main issue is, what would the moveset look like? I imagine this is a fairly common question but I wanted to ask myself and it's not like we have much else to talk about anyways. Anywho I struggle to see how this would work since the character is essentially just a big ball, which sounds like it would make for limited movement and attack options. But to be fair I don't know a lot about Monkey Ball, so fans of the series, take it away!
One could always pull from the minigames! There's the classic Monkey Target where the ball opens up like a paraglider, Banana Blitz had snowbording, etc. Plenty of ideas!

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

Imagine saying Ultimate was a horrible piece of work on a forum about Smash Ultimate.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's just the audacity to say everyone's been ripped off.
You really wanna speak for ~25 million people like that?

Side note: I love how Van Zeiks manages to be both one of the most straight laced and the most extra prosecutors in the whole series both at once.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I just remembered something. If this upcoming update adds a Master Hand WoL segment in Mob Smash, Squad Strike mode in online, and online invites when making rooms. then the treehouse leak might be true since there will be 2 more updates. This upcoming one is one of them.
So it'd be an update that adds new content without changing the game balance so the replays would still be valid? Could work.
I don't think so but it's a possibility.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just remembered something. If this upcoming update adds a Master Hand WoL segment in Mob Smash, Squad Strike mode in online, and online invites when making rooms. then the treehouse leak might be true since there will be 2 more updates. This upcoming one is one of them.
Treehouse leak? May I see it?

it’s just a game dude, chill

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I can give it, but I was trying to avoid making a big-ass post.
Yea I don't think we'd wanna see that.
You're making a rather harsh argument with little to no evidence and even if you had evidence I wouldn't be surprised if it was subjective.

M MarioRaccoon explained it perfectly:

Smash Ultimate base roster and DLC has been very varied and Nintendo did a good job to cater different audiences..

Are you a hardcore smash fan? Here it is King K Rool, Ridley, Chrom, Dark Samus, Daisy and Banjo-Kazooie

Are you a bit younger and enjoyed modern nintendo games? Here lt is Isabelle, Inklings, Incineroar, Min Min, Pyra/Myrtha and Byleth

Are you maybe more an RPG and/or Playstation fan? Here is Joker, Hero and Sephiroth

Are you into fighting games? Here is Ken, Terry and Kazuya

Does your kids play minecraft every day? You can now play as Steve in Smash!
Zoomers, Millenials, and Boomers alike are all accounted for regarding character choices in different ways.

With a roster of almost 90 characters, if you don't have characters that appeal to you and get you hyped then perhaps you should pick up some more games I say.
I mean, one could still pick up the game merely based on gameplay mechanics, but yea, the characters are the main selling point.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
May I ask what treehouse leak??

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I think the reason some may think that Nintendo isn't """listening""" to us regarding character choices is because now that some of our previous requests are real characters, we've moved on to different characters we want and because Nintendo has already made other plans, from adding characters to promote certain games or add content from a general series whose company of ownership has established a good relationship with Nintendo, they can't cater to all these newer requests we're pumping in.

Sakurai acknowledged back in "Mr. Sakurai Presents: Kazuya" that the Mii Costume choices were based off of characters Sakurai knew we were pushing for AT THE TIME.
He knows who and what we want now. But, he said it himself: It'd be very hard to consider such choices.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Here. Sadly I couldn't find the original post, could be deleted. It contains not only the stuff I mention that could be in the upcoming update, but also the mii costumes for the next one after that.
Ah I've seen this one before

Going to assume it's fake as always
Though that group of Mii makes some sense to me

It knows this much but not the characters.
That's super fake.
I don't think anyone's going to know it at this point.
I think we're in for a Byleth 2.0 situation IN WHICH they don't know who it is until minutes before the big reveal.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Ah I've seen this one before

Going to assume it's fake as always
Though that group of Mii makes some sense to me

I don't think anyone's going to know it at this point.
I think we're in for a Byleth 2.0 situation IN WHICH they don't know who it is until minutes before the big reveal.
Agreed. Apart from vergeben who got his hands on a list of franchises and characters that weren’t fp11 and got his hands on byleth’s info we’re probably not getting that again. Not only have Nintendo become smarter with how they handle dlc, we’ve been in a pandemic which has favoured Nintendo quite a lot by forcing people with credible sources to cut ties with their sources due to covid itself and people laying off staff.

we’re definitely not getting the last fighter leaked in any way possible.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I really don't want to see a VR Mode/Small Battlefield styled intermission update at this point because that would be a big indicator that the last character is way further out than we realized.

Remember how we got the VR Update on May 30, 2019 and then we had to wait exactly two months for Hero to come out? Then last year, after they did the Small Battlefield update in August, we also had to wait two more months for Steve to be revealed/released.
Honestly I think I'd kinda like that. A new mode, no matter how mundane, would be a breath of fresh air at this point.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion

I mean... I'm pretty happy with Ultimate... :p

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Even as someone who wishes this was the roster, I don't feel ripped off at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom