• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Samushunter's pinned tweet is literally some desperate attempt to get people to believe them... Leakers deliberately do not do anything which could put more attention to them, aside from those who they are trying to get the info out to... That's because people's jobs are usually on the line and they can't afford to help fix the fallout, as leaking doesn't pay, contrary to what samushunter's investment in the endeavor, or rather charade, would have you believe. The only twitter leakers that are actually legit always have a big tick by their names or may as well have. Kahn, ZHuge, Jeff Grubb etc. That's because they work for big time gaming publications and would believably have connections...

This is another reason why Twitter isn't used as a leaking platform aside from those people who are respectable names within the industry and are already largely known. People like Vergeben literally avoided Twitter and they had legit info, which is why they stuck to places where they could leak their stuff without a chance of personal stuff being known. Samushunter is doing the whole anonymous thing on Twitter... Where there were several abuses of the system that they could have manipulated which can only work on that platform which could make them seem legit and then sticking to relatively safe guesses, which they have been doing.

Even if they were a legit leaker, they wouldn't have a literal collage of stuff they've gotten right as their pinned tweet. That's why those 4chan leaks which said crud on the lines of "you don't have to believe me" were fake, as they were just trying to use reverse psychology without it being immediately apparent, due to the nature of what they actually said. In the end, dignifying the leakers is what makes them carry on "leaking". So many twitter leakers have carried on for months, and I've literally seen people give bouts of support to them, when the leaker they're supporting is having them on, big time.

Of course, no-one should wish any form of ill will onto a leaker, fake or not, but that doesn't hide the fact that these charades they put time into if fake, are just puzzling to try and figure out, as they don't get anything aside from e-cred. Samushunter is pretty obviously fake and never had sources but if they somehow did or even do, then they should really polish the leaking act, and it's not just to make it seem more legit, as they would have had every Nintendo employee as a source at least once and got them fired at this point if they were leaking the way they are now, which is a legitimate issue in the case of leaking

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Oh, my bad. I accidentally quoted one of your posts, realized it, then edited out lol.
You discovered...
Secret ping technique!
+1 to your...
PIES.
You have 1 PIES.
[This post was made by an automated greeting reply STOP to discontinue]

...... :4pacman:

So is it all color theory worthless now or just Dark Orchid Theory (which was personally a Sunday we'll spent)? I'm curious to know if anyone has ever bothered to look at the graphics in a tile format ordered by bg color. Since the site is obviously using placeholders for all dlc... characters across all eShop? Right or is there other places on the site using it? I am way past my prime in web pages but one file can basically say anything and be implemented across the whole thing (I used a similar method for inserting doctype blah blah) so it's already a stretch but just looking at them all maybe there is a particular aesthetic Nintendo wants. I imagine clearly a conversation such as...

Why is it so hard to see?

Sir?

When... I look at this, it is difficult to see it. My eyes hurt.

Ahhh.... Um... well, we haven't finished all the characters yet so when they're presented all together like this many spots are blank and because they're all white I understand this is uncomfortable...

Commercial achoooooo! End Commercial

Is this better?

Ah! Ah, thank you! These characters look brilliant and so alive. I can't wait to see them when they're all done!

Maybe.
🐈

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
The best part about purple theory is that purple has just as good a chance as any other color has for being the last one so it very well could happen anyway and we'll all have a good laugh.

There's also plenty of plausible characters that you could stretch to be purple. Waluigi, Rayman, King Boo, Dixie, Toxtricity, Toadette, Yuri Lowell, Frisk, Neku. It's not impossible but it's just as likely as any other character. Which is to say, we can guarantee that the next fighter will indeed be one of the colors in existence.

This reminds me of my friend who had a dream that the last character was Yuri from Three Houses, who is indeed purple. After hearing that and thinking about the sheer hilarity of it I kinda want it to happen. The funniest way smash speculation could end.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Whoop whoop whooooop~

Could be fixing a glitch for all we know but hey it gets the neurons firing doesn't it?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Eh, it's nothing much other than being completely bored.

Other than playing Age of Empires 2 or processing my screenplay adaptation of a friend's Danganronpa fanfic.
Just nice to see you again. Good to know you're doing ok despite everything happening in the world. Hope you, your family, and friends continue to stay safe.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Shroob

Sup?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Thanks for the heads-up.

Anyways, I'm not super stoked for anything for the final fighter since the rest have already satisfied me well.
Same here, regardless though pretty crazy next week or so this will be the end of Ultimate's run. It's been a great run while it had lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom