• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Nintendo execs then look through the glasses down their noses and ask, “can you make this happen?”
“There is…well it’s just rumours I’ve heard, figments, whispers of…a purple that matches with pink..magenta if you will. In the scene we call it the Leet Hex.“ slides bureau roller chair over to second monitor “If I can just manipulate the color wheel like this then maybe…“ grabs Toadette figurine from his drawer and holds it against the screen.

”Bingo. Bright Orchid.“

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Has Sylux been brought up as a possibility if the purple theory or whatever you guys are calling it is true?

Theguy123

Smash Lord
are we allowed to talk about Samus Hunter or does bringing her name up just make everyone Seethe. I only ask because a lot are divided on her opinions and leaks etc and she’s said something regarding to smash. Won’t be worth bringing up though if the majority find her leaks as fake

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Idk, I don’t think it’s fully dead yet. Just took a big hit but is still technically kicking

I don’t see the shades used for PP or the Pass 1 peeps after all (PP and P/M’s green are slightly different, Joker’s red is darker than Kazuya’s, Banjo’s Yellow has a slight orange tint while Min Min’s yellow is more a yellow to green gradient)

I just think it’s too specific to be a coincidence

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
are we allowed to talk about Samus Hunter or does bringing her name up just make everyone Seethe. I only ask because a lot are divided on her opinions and leaks etc and she’s said something regarding to smash. Won’t be worth bringing up though if the majority find her leaks as fake
Why not? At least, for amusement sake.

So wait…is Toadette the one confirmed now?

Do I need to close the thread again?
I better go and get my natural order video again.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Um, why are we still talking about Purple theory? Wasn't that disconfirmed already?
Yes, the purple theory as found yesterday was debunked. However, purple remains the only color that’s not repeated in the DLC whereas each color used has been used exactly twice, which is the old Color Theory

EDIT: Just checked and not even that is true. Myth:; Busted.
EDIT: Alright so aside from green, (used four times) each color except purple has two DLC characters associated with it. I don’t think that means anything but it’s a theory at least.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Honestly, I never really buy into any rumors, leaks or theories but I like that they at least give us something to talk about. They can even bring attention to characters no one ever seriously considered even if proven fake.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Wow, it changes form. Just like all toads in superstar saga.
pushes up nerd glasses

Um ackshually, the Shroobs are from Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, and are an alien species that's completely unrelated to the Toads. The Mario & Luigi game where Toads transform is Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. This is because they...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
pushes up nerd glasses

Um ackshually, the Shroobs are from Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, and are an alien species that's completely unrelated to the Toads. The Mario & Luigi game where Toads transform is Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. This is because they...
Oh, pipe down, brainy. It's not like it matters now that the series is dead.

Man, that was less rude in my head, I'm sorry...

Theguy123

Smash Lord
If you want something to talk about that’s neither legit or not legit then samus Hunter had something to say about the last fighter.

she’s saying on her list of characters she’s been told there was shovel knight but don’t expect an AT upgrade to playable. She’s saying it could simply be a anything ranging from a stage appearance to being a mii costume

she’s also saying doomguy was on her list of names she’s heard

NOW I have to specify, I think we can all agree that her information is usually meh as in wrong or vague. This Is just information to talk about since we’re all bored of no info and it’s probably the closest well get to any info unless Nintendo or a known leaker who’s not been wrong leaks something.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If you want something to talk about that’s neither legit or not legit then samus Hunter had something to say about the last fighter.

she’s saying on her list of characters she’s been told there was shovel knight but don’t expect an AT upgrade to playable. She’s saying it could simply be a anything ranging from a stage appearance to being a mii costume

NOW I have to specify, I think we can all agree that her information is usually meh as in wrong or vague. This Is just information to talk about since we’re all bored of no info and it’s probably the closest well get to any info unless Nintendo or a known leaker who’s not been wrong leaks something.
Not really buying it. Anything that she or her sources say can be made up. Thanks for the new thing to talk about, though.

SKX31

Smash Master
How about we take a break from the tension of Smash speculation to instead speculate about a character that’s going to be revealed sooner?

It seems to be the standard that Super Monkey Ball character(s) are revealed on Wednesdays (Beat, Sonic, Tails, and Kiryu so far,) but, this is the first one to be revealed at an event like this instead of just being dropped on Twitter and YouTube.
Football Manager. And the ball he's in is made out of spreadsheets, tactical boards and contracts worth $50 million+ each. :4pacman:

Please don't encourage him, chocolatejr9.
Blast him with a cannon Anyone else?

Choas.png

:roll:

Honestly, I never really buy into any rumors, leaks or theories but I like that they at least give us something to talk about. They can even bring attention to characters no one ever seriously considered even if proven fake.
While they can, it's also worth remembering that for any characters not seriously considered those rumors have to be seen as convincing for people to start talking en masse. Most here are after all most familiar with Nintendo and Nintendo-adjacent games, which does put a lot of games not normally considered "Nintendo-adjacent" outside the proverbial radar.

*"Seen as convincing" is a vague phrase, yes, but speculation ain't an exact "science" either for that matter.

(There's also the case where some will not really bother with learning about other games / genres and just rely on surface level or stereotypes, but that's another issue.)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Shovel Knight being the last Indie Mii with a song (and a Swordfighter to boot) seems plausible. It also doubles as an AT-to-Mii thing like with the Squid Sisters and Bomberman

still prefer a Zagreus Swordfighter with a Hades boss medley track the most personally

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
pushes up nerd glasses

Come on, finish the sentence.

How do the Toads transform? What do they do? :4pacman:

Shovel Knight would make such a perfect Mii Costume to the point where I now consider it a pre-requisite for Ultimate to feel truly Ultimate. Heck, give me more Assist Trophies-turned-Mii-Costumes! Is there an Alucard Swordfighter costume?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Come on, finish the sentence.

How do the Toads transform? What do they do? :4pacman:

Shovel Knight would make such a perfect Mii Costume to the point where I now consider it a pre-requisite for Ultimate to feel truly Ultimate. Heck, give me more Assist Trophies-turned-Mii-Costumes! Is there an Alucard Swordfighter costume?
I want a Yuri Kozukata Mii… 🥺

FreeFox

Smash Lord

Actually, this just gave me an interesting idea. What if some of the missing content from FP2 and that empty space are for new stages for characters represented as Mii costumes or Assist Trophies? Like we could get the main town of Shantae or the floral stage from Cuphead. Afterall, we have gotten stages before without playable character representation. At the very least, it sounds interesting.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Be patient guys, just 2/3 weeks before we end Ultimate character speculation. Its been a long journey (almost 3 years!) but we all have fun together and although someones don’t survived, I think the results were mostly satisfied.

I can’t imagine the wildness that will be here the day Nintendo announces their september direct.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Imagine the September Direct rolling around at one of the segments is like “We’re doing a stage pack!” and its like whatever amount of stages is needed to fill up the stage select screen and they just don’t address character 11. Something like the Smattlefield update.
That’s what I’ve been sayinnnnn

though if they’re totally new stages and not like reused WoL stages or Small Final Destination or something I do think they’d be paid

what if THAT’S the final space after CP11 in the eshop?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Be patient guys, just 2/3 weeks before we end Ultimate character speculation. Its been a long journey (almost 3 years!) but we all have fun together and although someones don’t survived, I think the results were mostly satisfied.

I can’t imagine the wildness that will be here the day Nintendo announces their september direct.
Tune in for a Nintendo Direct on 9/14 for an inside look on upcoming Switch games that are planned to release in 2021 and 2022!

*There will be no news for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

And then everyone falls apart.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
That’s what I’ve been sayinnnnn

though if they’re totally new stages and not like reused WoL stages or Small Final Destination or something I do think they’d be paid

what if THAT’S the final space after CP11 in the eshop?
Sminal Smestination

They eat a mushroom and blow up.

No I will not elaborate.

Small Battlefield and Big Battlefield forms. Coming to a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate near you!
And the Battlefields will have Battlefields will have Battlefields!

Tune in for a Nintendo Direct on 9/14 for an inside look on upcoming Switch games that are planned to release in 2021 and 2022!

*There will be no news for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

And then everyone falls apart.
Wildness still, my friend. Wildness still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom