• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Both theories are going strong.

You don’t know what you are talking about.
both theories literally have been debunked but ya know. Keep being ignorant. It only gets you so far in life ya know.

last character could be nabohino, who knows. Could be an M rated character or even have a purple background. However if they were any of these it woudnt be down to the M theory or colour theory. They’ve been debunked.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
More importantly, I find it hard to believe Nintendo asked Sakurai to make, say, Toadette the final character and Sakurai just slammed his fists on the table and said “Don’t you IDIOTS know that the next character has to be PURPLE so that the SITE has two of EACH COLOR! Do you think I’m some MIRACLE WORKER that can make TOADETTE of all characters match PURPLE?? grips Luminary amiibo and points at the purple scarf and holds a Toadette amiibo with the other hand THINK PEOPLE, how do you get from this, to this? Don’t you know ANYTHING about COLOR or LOGIC??”

The character is chosen before the color is, if it matches up it matches up but a character can be and has been chosen regardless of whether it commits the blasphemous act of not pulling a one-two with Luminary’s scarf.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
More importantly, I find it hard to believe Nintendo asked Sakurai to make, say, Toadette the final character and Sakurai just slammed his fists on the table and said “Don’t you IDIOTS know that the next character has to be PURPLE so that the SITE has two of EACH COLOR”

The character is chosen before the color is, if it matches up it matches up but a character can be and has been chosen regardless of whether it commits the blasphemous act of not pulling a one-two with Luminary’s scarf.
I thought initially the theory was that someone found a file or whater on the eshop's page that listed six colors, with five of them actually fitting well with the ones we've seen so far. So if they did somehow wanted a certain set of colors to go with each character, then why not? It has been debunked but it didn't sound strange to me that they wanted a specific color for a specific character after deciding on them to fit well on the website. Aesthetic might sound secondary but I do like it.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I thought initially the theory was that someone found a file or whater on the eshop's page that listed six colors, with five of them actually fitting well with the ones we've seen so far. So if they did somehow wanted a certain set of colors to go with each character, then why not? It has been debunked but it didn't sound strange to me that that wanted a specific color for a specific character after deciding on them.
No, that theory has been debunked for being an eShop general thing. From what I’m understanding, the original color theory (that is now the default color theory) is that each color has been repeated twice across DLC, except the purple from Hero.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
No, that theory has been debunked for being an eShop general thing. From what I’m understanding, the original color theory (that is now the default color theory) is that each color has been repeated twice across DLC, except the purple from Hero.
Oh, my bad.
You guys should make a distinction between the two then, just like DMC and DmC;
"COLOR THEORY' and "Color Theory 2: Purple boogaloo" for example.

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
both theories literally have been debunked but ya know. Keep being ignorant. It only gets you so far in life ya know.
No they haven’t.

A side game for Tekken that has no content in Smash doesn’t matter, and neither does any future M rated Final Fantasy.

And we know Hero isn’t going to be the only character with a purple background.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I'm genuinely curious as to what makes you think that and why we should know that.
I literally didn't know about this theory until today, and that would slightly help my pick.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
No they haven’t.

A side game for Tekken that has no content in Smash doesn’t matter, and neither does any future M rated Final Fantasy.

are you really that ignorant. Death by degrees is a spin-off tekken game that takes place in the tekken series. Literally when you type up tekken games, death by degrees appears. It’s a tekken game wether you like it or not.

It’s also M rated. The logo for tekken is tekken. It’s not tekken 4, or tekken 3, or tekken 2 etc, it’s tekken meaning the whole franchise is being represented under the logo and not 1 particular game unlike FF which comes under FF7 or persona which comes under persona 5 etc. Tekken is the M rated content wether you like it or not

colour theory holds no ground as well. Deal with it.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
My thought is that it is a FPS Action-Adventure and we already have more iconic/popular characters for that genre that are not in the game yet such as Doomguy, Masterchief, Lara Croft, Nathan Drake, etc. (You can argue Borderland has some RPG elements as well but it is, at heart, still an FPS adventure game).

Also Smash seems to be more about Japanese IP and USA\Western IP has, with only a few exceptions, been left out of the party. If Nintendo was truly taking a global appeal, characters like Masterchief, Lara Croft, and Crash Bandicoot would have been in the DLC pacts already.
Yeah, that makes sense. One aspect that Borderlands has over the other options listed is the fact that Doomguy, Master Chief, and Lara Croft are all from companies already represented in Pass 2. As far as I’m aware, Nathan Drake is owned by Sony and they don’t usually like cooperating with rival companies. They’re definitely still possible but I think it does lessen their chances.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's all coming together.

But srsly I tried changing my profile pic and it just deleted and I can't seem to be able to upload a new one for some reason so for now... I'm The Purple S. ...
The Purple got to ya.

Rest in Spaghetti, soldier.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Do you feel the circle yet? The everlasting loop of the same arguments you’ve spouted incessantly for the last few weeks?

There is one problem here that applies to half your “facts” about why CP11 is Nohajibno.
You can’t prove jack ██.

No, you don’t know if Tekken: Death By Degrees doesn’t matter for M Theory. Because you aren’t a member of the ESRB (or PEGI) . Same goes for FF (which isn’t a future releasing game, it already came out).

You claim Joker was a result of a last minute delay with Nalapeño. What is your proof? Something about SMTV and Three Houses being made around the same time, I think? Maybe we’d be more clear on this subject if you answered when I asked you directly.

You don’t have proof, you have unsubstantiated claims. For Christ sake man, this thread was jokingly shut down because of your attempts to kill speculation on everything else. Yet you still haven’t learned a thing.

This leads to my final question. Why are you here? This is the DLC Speculation Thread. If you are so 100% confident we are getting Mahabimo, why are you in the thread about speculating? You aren’t going to convince anyone, that has been made abundantly clear. You have no interest in worthwhile discussions or debates as you pass off everything anyone tries to tell you. So why are you here?

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Yeah, that makes sense. One aspect that Borderlands has over the other options listed is the fact that Doomguy, Master Chief, and Lara Croft are all from companies already represented in Pass 2. As far as I’m aware, Nathan Drake is owned by Sony and they don’t usually like cooperating with rival companies. They’re definitely still possible but I think it does lessen their chances.
Master Chief is definitely hurt by the fact that Banjo and Steve got spots and Lara Croft has similar issues with the SQ additions already in the game (although Lara Croft is technically from a company owned by SQ and isn't exactly SQ. Sakurai has made a distinction in the past).

Bethesda has a Mii Costume but no characters so Doomguy would still be in the running although I doubt he is an option.

However, back when Speculation was big, these characters probably got more attention vs. Borderlands. Also, I would expect Bioshock would get a rep before Borderlands.

Still, the lack of Japanese develop for these characters also probably hurts their changes. We were more likely to get someone like a Travis Touchdown before a Western IP. (Yeah I know he is deconfirmed now but that wasn't the case when people were speculating).

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Ok I have to ask
Are you seriously waiting for your MW to show up before you buy Smash?
I bought every Smash on launch day. I’ve gotten a lot of characters I wanted but I don’t think I’ll ever get my number one and that’s fine with me. Sephiroth was very close to my most wanted and I voted for K. Rool in the ballot so I’m happy.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Ok I have to ask
Are you seriously waiting for your MW to show up before you buy Smash?
I've got all Smash games on release from since Brawl (I never got Smash 64 because I've got into the series later, and I recieved Melee as a gift so I didn't buy it).
I've got both versions of Smash 4, along with the Mewtwo bonus and the Gamecube adapter.

I decided to skip Ultimate for a wide amount of reasons, and I still didn't buy it and probably never will. If my most wanted does show up as the final playable character (extremely unlikely), that's the only thing that might change my mind about getting the game (but not my opinion on the game in general, that will stay the same regardless). Currently I'm hoping for the next Smash game to be a reboot with everything redesigned from scratch and possibly someone else not-Sakurai as the director, else I will probably never get back into the series again.

So, no, I'm not waiting for my MW to show up, I pretty much already decided that I would have skipped this entry from very early, way before the DLC cycles. If my MW does show up, I would still buy the game as a form of gratitude to the devs for the effort of putting my MW into it, though currently my MW does not even have a spirit, imagine how much grateful I am about that.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
No they haven’t.

I think you might need more evidence or logic if you want to try to prove that either theory is alivve.

Nalapeno.
Really missed chance to call him Jalapeño.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That was what I meant to type lol, forgot I could type ñ on Iphone.

I thought that was for Japan, looking it up it seems I was wrong.
Japan has CERO, who apparently have issue with putting Mai Shiranui in a CERO A (All Ages) game

yeah that’s what the infamous “good boys and girls” line actually translates to

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
More importantly, I find it hard to believe Nintendo asked Sakurai to make, say, Toadette the final character and Sakurai just slammed his fists on the table and said “Don’t you IDIOTS know that the next character has to be PURPLE so that the SITE has two of EACH COLOR! Do you think I’m some MIRACLE WORKER that can make TOADETTE of all characters match PURPLE?? grips Luminary amiibo and points at the purple scarf and holds a Toadette amiibo with the other hand THINK PEOPLE, how do you get from this, to this? Don’t you know ANYTHING about COLOR or LOGIC??”

Nintendo execs then look through the glasses down their noses and ask, “can you make this happen?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom