• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
I'm just waiting for Capcom to make another Devil Mar Cry reboot titled "dMc"
The alternate timeline where the series is a soap opera with the characters being played by actors, and where everyone cry, which may include the devils.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The alternate timeline where the series is a soap opera with the characters being played by actors, and where everyone cry, which may include the devils.
My brain didn't register the soap part of soap opera on the first read through so now there's an alternate timeline where Devil May Cry is a musical.

Sorry, I don't make the rules.

Shroob

Sup?
Today was still soo ****ing strange.

Wake up
See the site freaking out
"Holy **** an actual lead?"
Thread gets closed to troll that annoying dude
Thread opens again
"Whoops, it was all nothing after all."
Mild annoyance but otherwise entirely indifference

Definitely not how I expected today to go.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
All this talk is putting me in a Sega mood. So I would like to ask all of you my fellow Smashers which Sega characters you want? The ones whom I'm most interested in are:
  • Eggman
  • Shadow
  • Sakura Shinguji
  • Axel Stone
  • Vectorman
  • Arle Nadja
Putting this into perspective, it shows how great Sega's library is, and I didn't even mention Ristar, Phantasy Star, Yakuza or SMT, Jet Set Radio, Monkey Ball, among others.
Aight so I'll just say who I think would be cool with little regard for what would actually realistically happen
  • Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza
  • Axel Stone from Streets of Rage
  • Vyse from Skies of Arcadia
  • A Phantasy Star rep - preferrably Alis or Nei, but I'm not opposed to someone else
  • Jacky Bryant from Virtua Fighter
  • Beat from Jet Set Radio
  • Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue
  • Joe Musashi or Hotsuma from Shinobi
  • Rikiya Busujima from Zombie Revenge/The House of the Dead
  • Temjin from Cyber Troopers Virtual-ON
  • Opa-Opa or Harrier
  • Gunstar Heroes rep - Red and Blue would be cool but I think Green is the real based option
  • Bahn from Fighting Vipers
  • Raidou Kuzunoha from Devil Summoner
And probably others I'm forgetting

Last edited:

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
All this talk is putting me in a Sega mood. So I would like to ask all of you my fellow Smashers which Sega characters you want?
For me:
  • Yakuza undoubtedly ranks first, with Kiryu as the clear choice. If I could take both Kiryu and Majima, I would.
  • Eggman
  • Ryo Hazuki (Shenmue)
  • I enjoyed Puyo Puyo Tetris the brief time I played it, so I'd be onboard with Arle.
And I think some sort of representation, not necessarily as fighters, would be cool for Total War and Amplitude (the Endless series and Humankind, the latter of which I've been playing quite a bit these past few days)

Theguy123

Smash Lord
M theory is not debunked, and neither is color theory nor parallel theory(depending on what you use for it).

I have already explained why that Gamefaqs thread didn’t debunk M theory. M theory was started based on mature rated franchises being censored in AMERICAN Smash presentations when the person noticed the Assasin’s Creed mii costume was censored along with the showing of pass 1. What Europe did afterward with Kazuya literally doesn’t matter for M theory.
M theory has literally been debunked and as we’ve established yesterday, colour theory is now dead. Dude stop trying to cling on to it for nabohino’s sake.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Ahhahaha…….. sega do what nintendon’t……… put all their music from every games on iTunes even if it’s from their shocking games.

nintendo get with the times, I wanna listen to Mario galaxy on the go, not through YouTube where I can’t use my other apps.

seriously though why are Nintendo like this. I can download the odyssey OST on iTunes but any other Mario theme from any other game ranging from PM and M&L to mainline mario is a no go. It’s only unofficial remixes form other people that are not as great as the originals

do they not realise people would literally pay to listen to their music on the go.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
All this talk is putting me in a Sega mood. So I would like to ask all of you my fellow Smashers which Sega characters you want? The ones whom I'm most interested in are:
  • Eggman
  • Shadow
  • Sakura Shinguji
  • Axel Stone
  • Vectorman
  • Arle Nadja
Putting this into perspective, it shows how great Sega's library is, and I didn't even mention Ristar, Phantasy Star, Yakuza or SMT, Jet Set Radio, Monkey Ball, among others.
Shadow totally deserved an Echo slot. So right now, I'm pining for Eggman.

volbound1700

Smash Master
M theory has literally been debunked and as we’ve established yesterday, colour theory is now dead. Dude stop trying to cling on to it for nabohino’s sake.
I thought M Theory was true but completed with Kayuza. There is nothing left of it to have any bearing on the status of the Final Character.

I am not sure that it was disproven (and it was a theory anyway). I think it was a valid theory and was addressed with the Kayuza addition. It was a very vague theory anyways because so many games/characters could fall under the "M" status.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I thought M Theory was true but completed with Kayuza. There is nothing left of it to have any bearing on the status of the Final Character.

I am not sure that it was disproven (and it was a theory anyway). I think it was a valid theory and was addressed with the Kayuza addition. It was a very vague theory anyways because so many games/characters could fall under the "M" status.
there’s the argument to say it’s both.

you can say it was real and that kazuya full fills this because tekken has an M rated game in its series under the Tekken logo and since tekken’s logo in smash is just tekken, it represents the whole series meaning it was most likely for tekken

and then you can say it’s not real and it was debunked over on gamefaqs

and on the side of all this you can simply just say joker debunks this theory because pass 2 didn’t start of at challenger pack 1 again after the first pass ended and instead carries on from character 6 to 11 meaning it’s still the same pass as the first pass which joker being Annan rated game series would carry over into

either way it’s debunked. The dude needs to get a grip. Fair enough if he thinks nabohino is last. It’s people’s opinions. But it’s a totally different thing to then go telling everyone they’re wrong and tell everyone that this theory or that theory etc is right and everyone else is wrong just because it fits the character he wants.

volbound1700

Smash Master
there’s the argument to say it’s both.

you can say it was real and that kazuya full fills this because tekken has an M rated game in its series under the Tekken logo and since tekken’s logo in smash is just tekken, it represents the whole series meaning it was most likely for tekken

and then you can say it’s not real and it was debunked over on gamefaqs

and on the side of all this you can simply just say joker debunks this theory because pass 2 didn’t start of at challenger pack 1 again after the first pass ended and instead carries on from character 6 to 11 meaning it’s still the same pass as the first pass which joker being Annan rated game series would carry over into

either way it’s debunked. The dude needs to get a grip. Fair enough if he thinks nabohino is last. It’s people’s opinions. But it’s a totally different thing to then go telling everyone they’re wrong and tell everyone that this theory or that theory etc is right and everyone else is wrong just because it fits the character he wants.
I see your point. Also, you really don't "debunk" theories anyways because they are just theories. It wasn't a leak. Leaks get debunked.

I agree with your post that it probably doesn't have any bearing on the last Fighter Pass.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Speaking of M rated games, I’ve always been confused why Borderlands gets so little speculation in the Smash community. The series is huge and has an interesting cast of characters with fun abilities. I believe the entire series is also on the Switch, which definitely helps.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Purple Theory > All Other Theories because we are its champions and they can't take that from us.
fits your new pfp quite nicely

Speaking of M rated games, I’ve always been confused why Borderlands gets so little speculation in the Smash community. The series is huge and has an interesting cast of characters with fun abilities. I believe the entire series is also on the Switch, which definitely helps.
speculators bandwagon on the same characters and thus, not as many people greatly expand their horizon of what they could see as possible smash candidates

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I guess you can say speculation there has been... boarder land. :yeahboi:

I know what to do. My bad.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Imagine if the last character's background really is purple.

We would have been wrong for the right reasons, while the gamefaqs user would have been right for the wrong reasons.
I mean, it's not impossible. Purple is not out of the running, just that it's not restricted to purple.

And I'm quite curious if epicmartin's color prediction will be close again for the third time.

volbound1700

Smash Master
My thought is that it is a FPS Action-Adventure and we already have more iconic/popular characters for that genre that are not in the game yet such as Doomguy, Masterchief, Lara Croft, Nathan Drake, etc. (You can argue Borderland has some RPG elements as well but it is, at heart, still an FPS adventure game).

Also Smash seems to be more about Japanese IP and USA\Western IP has, with only a few exceptions, been left out of the party. If Nintendo was truly taking a global appeal, characters like Masterchief, Lara Croft, and Crash Bandicoot would have been in the DLC pacts already.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
2K's library in general is a bit underrated in speculation. Especially Bioshock. That series was a staple of the 7th gen and made a big impact so I see that at least being a darkhorse series. The only thing is that I'm bullish on western properties these days as the best opportunity to have our next one was at E3.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
What are the chances that the last character will take either orange or brown as their background. Japans top 7 favourite colours were as of 2019

blue
Green
Red
Purple
Orange
Yellow
And brown

each colour here has been represented apart form orange and brown. Any chances the last character uses one of the 2 remaining popular colours in Japan.

not using this as a theory or anything. Just genuinely wanna know if there’s a chance the last character uses brown or orange as their background.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
What are the chances that the last character will take either orange or brown as their background. Japans top 7 favourite colours were as of 2019

blue
Green
Red
Purple
Orange
Yellow
And brown

each colour here has been represented apart form orange and brown. Any chances the last character uses one of the 2 remaining popular colours in Japan.

not using this as a theory or anything. Just genuinely wanna know if there’s a chance the last character uses brown or orange as their background.
Time for Daisy 2 let’s go! As a non-joke answer, the answer is yeah maybe probably but it’s as futile as asking whether the next character will have an “e” in its name.

Last edited:

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
  • Eggman
  • Shadow
  • Sakura Shinguji
  • Axel Stone
  • Vectorman
  • Arle Nadja
DEFINITELY Arle. Or at least her Doppelganger from Puyo Puyo~n.

You know, the one who can TRAVEL THROUGH DIMENSIONS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom