• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
that’s it….. no smash.

jokes Aside the direct was pretty decent. Now we wait for the main event. Personally I’m hoping the direct leak I shared on here a few days ago turns out legit.

Pokémon BDSP getting a trailer today could hurt the chances of it being real but considering it would be 3 weeks by the time that direct happens assuming the leak that says the 9th is correct then we could probably see a new trailer of some sort in the direct.

I’ll never give up on the leak. Gotta keep hope for curious village on the switch

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Pokemon Legends of Arceus looks much better than in the first trailer. It's not going 10 FPS anymore.
It definitely looks better, though I question why it doesn't look like this:
1629295341141.png
This looks infinitely better than even the improvements they've made on the game's actual look thus far.

I'm also kind of worried that the new evolutions and forms for this game will just straight up never be seen again, but hopefully that doesn't happen.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
edit: forgot about minecraft so I deleted the theory. Wish you could actually delete comments lol

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well most of my worries about BDSP and Legends Arceus have been addressed.

Only one that's not been addressed is people hyper-fixating on graphics for a series that has been behind the times visually since 1995 but can't have everything.

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Well, he’ll be getting in one wacky Switch game this year at least.
Kiryu getting into a big ball feels like the beginning of a Yakuza sidequest. So this is very fitting lol

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Oh yeah, like that hasn't happened before.
Then again, cuss words being spammed on chat would not do Nintendo's / TPC's family friendly image any favors - it'd make them look forgetful at best and negligent at worst. Whether we're talking the English ones or more... "exotic ones" like "сука блять". (Also they know it's a common problem in multiplayer games, and it's very likely a key reason why both Nintendo and TPC avoid in-game chat - outside of pre-set messages - like the plague.)

As for Legends Arceus: it being designed akin to an Assassin's Creed game - in terms of gameplay structure, being open world with loads of sub-objectives - does kinda intrigue me, but at the same time my main question mark now is how Game Freak will handle the pacing. Especially considering that Pokemon is typically light on the story.

Also, part of me hopes that Legends Arceus has as many (non-gamebreaking) glitches and bugs as Skyrim. Such as the Horse Tilt, but with Wyrdeer instead of horses. Of course, this is coming from someone who found the Gen 1 / 2 glitches really interesting, but still.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Well most of my worries about BDSP and Legends Arceus have been addressed.

Only one that's not been addressed is people hyper-fixating on graphics for a series that has been behind the times visually since 1995 but can't have everything.
Well there's having low graphical fidelity and there's just looking ugly, and Pokémon Legends Arceus still looks kinda ugly. The biggest problem is likely the environmental design in certain areas since a good number of the shots look perfectly fine, but also, the Pokémon still don't quite fit into the artstyle properly. The pine trees were poorly modled in as well but there's still time for them to fix that and the other tree types look fine.

My thing is that the box art reveal portion has a much more clearly defined art style than the actual game does, and looks a lot better as a result. Since it uses the models found in the game I can't help but question why the game doesn't just look like that.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl have similar artstyle clashing issues during the battles, but they're not as pronounced as they are in Pokémon Legends Arceus (or even the first trailer for the remakes), and the look as a whole is passable to genuinely good. Still think the bobbleheaded chibis look dumb though. Overall I don't think the visuals will bother me too much outside of certain characters looking kinda dumb in chibi form, and poor Cyrus got done dirty with his model.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Today’s question for the people is this.

what are some themes of characters that aren’t in smash that are soo good to the point where it’s criminal the theme isn’t in smash.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
If Pokemon Legends Arceus and BDSP don't have every single Pokemon available then I'll just stick to playing Ultra Sun. I haven't even bought Sword or Shield yet, that's how stubborn I am about Pokemon accessibility. I just have to hope they don't end Pokemon Bank's services soon because that would suck.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I'm also kind of worried that the new evolutions and forms for this game will just straight up never be seen again, but hopefully that doesn't happen.
I wonder if the Hisui Form Pokemon such as Growithe and Braviary canonically became extinct sometime between Legends Arceus and D/P. If so, that’s kind of sad…

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

what are some themes of characters that aren’t in smash that are soo good to the point where it’s criminal the theme isn’t in smash.
I dunno if I'd go as far as to say it's criminal since the game just isn't involved, but just...all of these:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Minecraft’s music.

I’m still confused as to why they couldn’t use C418’s music. Perhaps Nintendo had issues with C418 wanting his Minecraft music to be available for fans to use freely, as in Nintendo didn’t want to do that with potential new arrangements they’d hold rights to for Smash?

I imagine maybe Pigstep wasn’t chosen since maybe they felt it’d be weird for it to be the only track from the maingame in Smash.

Also, some of the area themes in Pikmin. We only have menu music, mission mode, and Forest/Garden of Hope. Ai no Uta and stuff being taken away also hurts 😔

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Excellent selection, it’s only missing Uncontrollable and aBOreSSs (since you did include one Xenoblade X song, Theme of Mira) and some Octo Expansion music (including Fly Octo Fly)

the FF song selection is BASED, Saber’s Edge goes hard despite being from one of the most controversial FF games :shades:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
that’s it….. no smash.

jokes Aside the direct was pretty decent. Now we wait for the main event. Personally I’m hoping the direct leak I shared on here a few days ago turns out legit.

Pokémon BDSP getting a trailer today could hurt the chances of it being real but considering it would be 3 weeks by the time that direct happens assuming the leak that says the 9th is correct then we could probably see a new trailer of some sort in the direct.

I’ll never give up on the leak. Gotta keep hope for curious village on the switch
What was the leak again?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Even though the artstyle has problems, I dare say I'm cautiously optimistic for Legends. I like what we saw from the open world so far and the associated mechanics. It's also a bit refreshing to have other objectives in a Pokémon game that aren't just League stuff.

DP remakes haven't quite won me over though. They seem to use the Platinum dex instead of BP - which is a start - but so far the features don't seem that impressive.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh, I see. Why nothing on Smash, though?
Probably cuz MAYBE the final presentation will have already aired, or Smash will get an announcement of the final presentation around then or slightly before? Like no reveal, just “hey the final presentation is coming, tune in on x day”

side note, for SF music, Volcanic Rim needs more love 😭

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Oh, I see. Why nothing on Smash, though?
thats why I saved it. It’s one of those leaks that’s popped up a month before the direct and has enough believable stuff on it to be real.

no smash, no big first party games other than a splattoon 3 in-depth look. Sounds true enough so I’m keeping hold of it till we know the date of the direct.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Probably cuz MAYBE the final presentation will have already aired, or Smash will get an announcement of the final presentation around then or slightly before? Like no reveal, just “hey the final presentation is coming, tune in on x day”

side note, for SF music, Volcanic Rim needs more love 😭
Yeah, I still believe the final character will be revealed in the September Direct.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
So, who here thinks we're getting a final smash character reveal in the direct next month? And I believe it'll be a character from the west since Banjo and Steve were released in the 1st half of Fall each year. My top 3 are Doomslayer, Crash, and Master Chief.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So, who here thinks we're getting a final smash character reveal in the direct next month? And I believe it'll be a character from the west since Banjo and Steve were released in the 1st half of Fall each year. My top 3 are Doomslayer, Crash, and Master Chief.
That was just a coincidence. Besides, you're ignoring how Terry was revealed in fall too not to mention how if you think big third parties still have a chance, you learned nothing from the grinch leak

Theguy123

Smash Lord
A Pokémon game in a Nintendo Direct
Said Pokémon game just got a new trailer
Pikmin 4

Yeah this is fake.
not necessarily, we could get a repeat of the trailer shown today or even a small new trailer. This direct if it ends up being the legit date, would be 3 weeks later. That’s enough time for them to have decided it’s worth dropping a small new trailer. We’ve seen it happen before plenty of times.

I do think it’s fake though. It’s just not worth writing off yet till we know the date of the direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom