• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Tournament for characters with bombs.
who is giving them the bombs?

morshu confirmed?

SKX31

Smash Master
Tournament for characters with bombs.
Hmmm, if only we had a playable character who was known for using bombs as his primary method of attack...

Jokes aside, I do think Bomberman probably has a decent shot in future Smash games.
TBF, :ultlink:'s Rune Bombs are an amazing template for Bomberman's own bombs (not just as an attack / mix up option, but also as an recovery tool and whatever else the Link player wants to do).

I'm a little surprised that they didn't go this route with Bomberman when they had it with Link, but what's done is done.

who is giving them the bombs?

morshu confirmed?
His Final Smash is telling people to come back when they're... mmm... richer. :4pacman:

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
DK Cartoon is a trip and a half. The fact its a musical is also so surreal. Especially when about ~35% of the music is good. Essentially, whenever DK, Candy, or K Rool sing, chances are a song is decent enough. Whenever Diddy or Cranky sing, I want to die.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
DK Cartoon is a trip and a half. The fact its a musical is also so surreal. Especially when about ~35% of the music is good. Essentially, whenever DK, Candy, or K Rool sing, chances are a song is decent enough. Whenever Diddy or Cranky sing, I want to die.
Oh, come on! I respect your opinion, but I like them all, the songs! I am a sucker for musicals, though Diddy's voice is not that great, I will admit.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Oh, come on! I respect your opinion, but I like them all, the songs! I am a sucker for musicals, though Diddy's voice is not that great, I will admit.
I like it in musicals where the character's singing does not make my ears bleed. When the DKC Cartoon abridged does a better job with the singing while sticking true to the voices, you know Diddy and Crankey are bad.

Also watch DKC Abridged its super funny.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I like it in musicals where the character's singing does not make my ears bleed. When the DKC Cartoon abridged does a better job with the singing while sticking true to the voices, you know Diddy and Crankey are bad.

Also watch DKC Abridged its super funny.
I guess I will. My ears have never bled from a DKC cartoon song, so ya know, even though I know some voices like Diddy's aren't great.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
And man, I should've asked while we were in Phantasy Star discussion mode if there are any currant players of PSO2 and if there are, have they done any changes regarding the storage system or if there is a much easier way of getting the extra storage that doesn't involve paying.
In NGS you can access you're storage from anywhere and Cast Parts are now tickets instead clothing for less space in inventory.
Nothing's change with OG PSO2 though, you could make a another character with their own storage though

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

It is I, Takumaru in the POTD tonight!

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
So... how would you guys react if The Player from Juice World got into Smash as a fighter?

I also made a support thread for Juice World content in Smash, but I'm the only one who supports it:
(It's fine being alone)
Is there something you like about the character, or is the main appeal the items? If one or two of them got in as items, would that satisfy you?
Good evening my fellow smashboardians, i would like to present this
Why do people want Ayumi specifically?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

It is I, Takumaru in the POTD tonight!
Would Takamaru still have a chance next Smash? Would he be the new Duck Hunt / Ice Climbers?

Bee Card

Smash Ace
View attachment 311218Good evening my fellow smashboardians, i would like to present thisView attachment 311219
Yeah it would be great. Also it's the 35th anniversary of the Disk System for the famicom and the game was a FDS exclusive back in the day.
edit : However I do think that Piranhas plant is the retro/nes/niche/unexpected character of ultimate (Also Simon is retro too) so idk.

But I think that a crazy/unexpected character is the best way to end ultimate so I hope so.

Last edited:

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Do we think there are even going to be more Indie costumes? I thought the Knight was super likely for one, but he hasn't shown up yet.

Ivander

Smash Legend
In NGS you can access you're storage from anywhere and Cast Parts are now tickets instead clothing for less space in inventory.
Nothing's change with OG PSO2 though, you could make a another character with their own storage though
I know, but for one, I really don't want to have another character just sitting around while I'm still working on my first one and getting a feel for the mechanics, classes and features. And two, the biggest issue I have with the storage is the frickin' Material Storage. I do not like how the Material storage is something you have to pay for monthly and if you want to use it for "free", you need to work for it only for it to last one month. And you can't always keep it up when SG is scarce(or at least, it was early on. Don't know if they've made them more easier to get lately).

It's a farcry from the MMOs I have played, and earlier ones and ones that came out around the same year as PSO2, that were just, "Pay this once and get your Storage for Materials permanently."

Edit: That aside, it's good to know Cast Parts are now tickets, cause those are also another big issue with storage, since some of them I don't want to get rid of.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Would Takamaru still have a chance next Smash? Would he be the new Duck Hunt / Ice Climbers?
Takamaru was considered but shot down for lack of worldwide appeal in multiple games iirc, even when he appeared in Orochi Warriors, Nintendo Land and his own game being released worldwide. I think he's absolutely dead in that regard and hell, I'm pretty sure we can use him as evidence that Ayumi's not happening too

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
A character is ess likely to be added to Smash if it brings fewer new things.
Eh, a bit of a lukewarm take. I'll agree to disagree. Who would you demand to fill an arbitrary but somehow necessary retro rep?

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I know, but for one, I really don't want to have another character just sitting around while I'm still working on my first one and getting a feel for the mechanics, classes and features. And two, the biggest issue I have with the storage is the frickin' Material Storage. I do not like how the Material storage is something you have to pay for monthly and if you want to use it for "free", you need to work for it only for it to last one month. And you can't always keep it up when SG is scarce(or at least, it was early on. Don't know if they've made them more easier to get lately).

It's a farcry from the MMOs I have played, and earlier ones and ones that came out around the same year as PSO2, that were just, "Pay this once and get your Storage for Materials permanently."

Edit: That aside, it's good to know Cast Parts are now tickets, cause those are also another big issue with storage, since some of them I don't want to get rid of.
Honestly most of the material items are useless.
You only need jewels for making rings, rare harvest items for free 100.000 Meseta, and ruins salmon cause thats literally the only food material you need for cooking a dish that increases your harvesting rarity chances.

Everything else is useless and can be deleted. PSO2 gathering and crafting systems sucks and I hope NGS fixes it.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Eh, a bit of a lukewarm take. I'll agree to disagree. Who would you demand to fill an arbitrary but somehow necessary retro rep?
For the Atari 2600 era, Q*Bert and Yar ( SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 convinced me of Yar.). But an idea I bounced back to her was a Duck Hunt style Duo of Yar and Centipede with Atari references in the moveset.

For the NES / Master System / 7800 era, Bill Rizer (Lance Echo), Ryu Hayabusa, and a Billy + Jimmy duo a la Ice Climbers.

For SNES / Genesis era, Earthworm Jim and Ristar.

For N64 / PSX / Saturn era, Crash, Spyro, and Nights.

To me, that's retro. Everything 6th Generation onward follows the Law of Diminishing Returns.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Since we’re talking about Kingdom Hearts, how would everyone feel if in the extremely unlikely event that we got a double reveal of Sora and either Ansem or Xemnas at E3? I would honestly much rather have them than Sora but they wouldn’t really make any sense to add without him. I don’t think there’s really much if any chance of that happening but I would love it if it did. Maybe Ansem or Xemnas could be the bonus character some are speculating on so we could still get another character if people don’t care for Kingdom Hearts.
I would be against it..neither Xemnas nor Ansem (Xehanort's Heartless) would be good choices for characters when characters like Roxas, Riku, or Aqua would be better choices due to being far more popular with fans..not many would be hyped for Xemnas nor Ansem, even out of Kingdom Hearts fans..

Having just Sora would be better, I don't think fans would like two Kingdom Hearts characters as DLC.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Keep Disney out of Smash.
I will pull a Trump and build a wall if I have to to keep Mickey Mouse away.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'll always empathize with Takamaru and I really wish he was included in Smash 4 after all. I used to think it would be awesome to have Little Mac as this heavily western-oriented retro / legacy sort of character and then following him up with a straight-up samurai from a Japan-only title. I think it's funny to look back at Smash 4 speculation when many of us saw Takamaru as one of the single biggest no-brainer additions.

Hearing Sakurai confirm a lack of worldwide appeal was his issue well after Marth and Lucas had become beloved Smash characters always felt a bit out of character and disheartening - doubly so because his game would come to 3DS VC in the years following developent and he even had that random nod in Nintendo Land. I don't think it would have been as hard a sell as he thought, but it is what it is. I'd still like to see him get a shot someday.

At least we got a really great Murasame Castle arrangement. And being one of the cooler ATs in the game is a nice honor in and of itself.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Keep Disney out of Smash.
I will pull a Trump and build a wall if I have to to keep Mickey Mouse away.
I'm fine with that, though only due to wanting to preserve the 'must be from a video game' rule Sakurai set up (the only exceptions I'd allow are those that are from a series that originated as a game series, like Jeanne D'Arc/Ruler from the Fate/series).

I still want Sora, I don't care if the character and series is owned by Disney.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'll always empathize with Takamaru and I really wish he was included in Smash 4 after all. I used to think it would be awesome to have Little Mac as this heavily western-oriented retro / legacy sort of character and then following him up with a straight-up samurai from a Japan-only title.

Hearing Sakurai confirm a lack of worldwide appeal was his issue well after Marth and Lucas had become beloved Smash characters always felt a bit out of character and disheartening - doubly so because his game would come to 3DS VC in the years following and he even had that random nod in Nintendo Land. I don't think it would have been as hard a sell as he thought, but it is what it is. I'd still like to see him get a shot someday.

At least we got a really great Murasame Castle arrangement. And being one of the cooler ATs in the game is a nice honor in and of itself.
To be fair, Takamaru was in a rough spot for Smash 4 and Ultimate. The port came out too late for the former as it was released in 2014 and the roster was pegged two year before that. With Ultimate the roster had a different direction from the previous games as it brought back all veterans and that cut into the newcomer roster, and with how tight it was he was not going to win out over characters like Ridley, Simon, or the Inklings. If Ultimate had a bigger newcomer selection he may've had a better chance, but it depends on if that port would've been enough for Sakurai to finally give the OK.

cothero

Smash Lord
And DK is specially good 'cuz he kinda sings like Lenny Kravitz. What a trippy show indeed.

Last edited:

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Considering if we somehow get a reveal this month. Often nintendo directs are held 1 week later after indie directs which would make it happen on April 21. Mother 3 Anniversary is on April 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom