• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
This is a pretty random thought, but how would you feel if this character got in?
View attachment 311172
if you don't know who it is, it's the Barbarian King from Clash of Clans
I always hated those annoying cringy commercials they use to air all the time on TV and online just a few years.

In the words of Mr. Krabs:

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I wouldn't be surprised if Chun-Li was a DLC character, considering her popularity alongside Ryu. And considering we have had three series with playable characters in Smash(four if you include ARMS for just having content in Smash) get a new character and content, I wouldn't be surprised if there was one more series that gets a new character and content, like Street Fighter or Sonic.

And man, I should've asked while we were in Phantasy Star discussion mode if there are any currant players of PSO2 and if there are, have they done any changes regarding the storage system or if there is a much easier way of getting the extra storage that doesn't involve paying.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
This is a pretty random thought, but how would you feel if this character got in?
View attachment 311172
if you don't know who it is, it's the Barbarian King from Clash of Clans
Personally I think mobile gaming should stay away from Smash. There's already more than enough possible characters possible on Nintendo console, let alone on console in general, I don't think that there's any point going into mobile games. The only mobile characters I would accept is Euden because he's Nintendo. I also don't see what Clash of clans could bring in music. I think with some very few exceptions mobile games are way too limited to cover a challenger pack.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Man I would be excited and probably not so excited if Chun-Li is CP10, because all eyes would be on Lloyd and Yuri if Lloyd's mii costume doesn't come with her because of a certain rumor. The not excited part would be because either of those two would be the final character(s) and people will be whining.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I mean, NGL I thought us waiting until E3 was pretty likely as soon as E3 was confirmed to be a thing this year.

Not telling people they can't hope for something sooner but I really, really wouldn't bet on it. :nifty:
So what you're saying is to bet on it. Got it. ;)

SKX31

Smash Master
Personally I think mobile gaming should stay away from Smash. There's already more than enough possible characters possible on Nintendo console, let alone on console in general, I don't think that there's any point going into mobile games. The only mobile characters I would accept is Euden because he's Nintendo. I also don't see what Clash of clans could bring in music. I think with some very few exceptions mobile games are way too limited to cover a challenger pack.
I get where you're coming from... I don't entirely agree, even as the mobile stores have been filled to the brim with **** (due to a number of factors, such as very lax store rules and the ease to get into mobile gaming both from a consumer and developer standpoint). There are a number of pretty interesting games that take advantage of the platform (and even can be considered good / great games overall).

I'm going to use FPS Youtuber Raycevick again - he made a great video recently surrounding mobile gaming:

His main thrust that mobile gaming has a lot of potential, but it's being squandered by and large (outside of the games and devs that put in actual effort) is a fair take because the very things mobile gaming are often criticized for are actual problems plaguing a large chunk of it. Thing is, mobiles are here to stay, and not just because F2P gacha is the biggest kind of sociopathic-executive-friendly cashcow since the quarter-munching arcades, if not much bigger.

He points out that the biggest problem with people getting into console games are the entry fee. And it's something noticeable - mobile gaming has become gaming for a lot of Average Joes / Janes (to use an anecdotal example: A former co-worker of mine was ****ing hyped over the prospects of getting to submit Candy Crush levels to King). For good and ill. I'm pretty sure that a significant chunk who have played the mobile Rayman Adventures had not even touched a console Rayman game because getting a console costs $200+ at minimum (assuming older systems). And the Rayman games an additional $20+ if you're not stumbling upon a sale. It's why the F2P / microtransaction "trick" works on enough people - a $0.99 buy doesn't seem like much for a person not thinking of the long term.

Now, while I do much favor Euden as the first mobile rep, there is likely to come a time (probably by the time Smash 6 becomes reality) when mobiles have more bonafide classics to their name etc. That's the point of time when I'm personally going to start favoring a mobile rep more.

Absolutely.

It'll be announced tomorrow. Gooigi is FP10.

Y'all heard it here first.:4wario2:
I guess the Gooigi will have a much different Green Missile? :4pacman:

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
You realize that not every 2nd character in an already repped 3rd party franchise has to be a villain, right?
No. But if it's a franchise with an iconic villain, it SHOULD be.

Pissed that it wasn't Hog Rider.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I guess the Gooigi will have a much different Green Missile? :4pacman:
Gooigi will have a sword.

When you use his Side-B, instead of flying himself, Gooigi will throw a goo-version of the Falchion, which has a random chance to crit, cast Witch Time, and when sweet spot, summons Arsene.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
If it's a franchise with an iconic villain, the villain can certainly be in the circle of picks, but if there are other iconic characters aside from the villains that are of comparable or greater importance within the series or have more fan demand, then there's nothing wrong with them getting in first.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I dunno about SHOULD.

And that comes from a guy who would LOVE to see people ***** about Geese Howard's pretzel input move.

Those who think a quarter circle is too hard will truly DIE FOREVER when playing him.

Anyway, my point is Smash isn't a ****-measuring contest of popularity or iconicness. We simply have this vision because of how ridiculous the roster is.

Like Sakurai himself said in the Terry presentation, the moveset potential can be is just as important as how iconic a character is.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I dunno about SHOULD.

And that comes from a guy who would LOVE to see people ***** about Geese Howard's pretzel input move.

Those who think a quarter circle is too hard will truly DIE FOREVER when playing him.

Anyway, my point is Smash isn't a ****-measuring contest of popularity or iconicness. We simply have this vision because of how ridiculous the roster is.

Like Sakurai himself said in the Terry presentation, the moveset potential can be is just as important as how iconic a character is.
As someone's who's perfectly fine with quarter-circles, I will die forever in response to the pretzel input. The heck was SNK smoking when they decided taht was a good idea...

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So what if that head hitbox glitch isn't a hint for Reimu but for someone like Chun-Li who could air dash in the Vs games. :4pacman:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It’s more like if Ryu is DK and Ken is Diddy Kong and M. Bison is K. Rool then Chun-li is Dixie Kong!

:034:
This comparison seems to rely more on gender than looking at how the series actually treats the characters you're comparing. Dixie would not be the second character to accompany DK into guest appearances. Dixie wouldn't get the movie about her. Dixie can't even make it into Nintendo's crossover series; Chun-Li has perfect attendance in the Vs. series.

Calling Chun-Li the Dixie is really underselling Chun-Li's prominence within SF and equating things more on them being females. I mean, Chun-Li is not the quaternary character of SF. She vies for second every bit as much as Ken, and comes out before him on many counts.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
As someone's who's perfectly fine with quarter-circles, I will die forever in response to the pretzel input. The heck was SNK smoking when they decided taht was a good idea...
They wanted super move inputs to be something super-secret.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
So... how would you guys react if The Player from Juice World got into Smash as a fighter?
The_Player.png

All of Them.jpg
Final Smash go vroom vroom.jpg
I also made a support thread for Juice World content in Smash, but I'm the only one who supports it:
(It's fine being alone)

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So... how would you guys react if The Player from Juice World got into Smash as a fighter?
View attachment 311202
I also made a support thread for Juice World content in Smash, but I'm the only one who supports it:
(It's fine being alone)

The heck is a Juice World?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Opinion: if Tails became a playable character in FP2, what would be the ideal stage for him?
I think Chemical plant zone would be the best choice if you really want something associated with Tails since it's from Sonic 2. That being said, if I had to choose personally I'd go with either Studiopolis zone from Sonic mania or Starlight carnival from Sonic colours. Both are amazing modern Sonic games who don't have any stages and they look very different from the two Sonic stages we have right now.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Opinion: if Tails became a playable character in FP2, what would be the ideal stage for him?
I brought up the idea of Tropical Resort earlier, I think that that is the one that they would pick for him even if it’s not necessarily tied to him specifically. A couple ideas would be his lab, maybe Mystic Ruins, or perhaps just a flying stage on the Tornado? Chemical Plant could also work

Tbh as long as it’s not like Emerald Hill from Sonic 2 I’ll be good lol

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Tournament for characters with bombs.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Tournament for characters with bombs.
Damn I think this disconfirms a Bomberman Act:Zero character. :4pacman:

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This comparison seems to rely more on gender than looking at how the series actually treats the characters you're comparing. Dixie would not be the second character to accompany DK into guest appearances. Dixie wouldn't get the movie about her. Dixie can't even make it into Nintendo's crossover series; Chun-Li has perfect attendance in the Vs. series.

Calling Chun-Li the Dixie is really underselling Chun-Li's prominence within SF and equating things more on them being females. I mean, Chun-Li is not the quaternary character of SF. She vies for second every bit as much as Ken, and comes out before him on many counts.
My post was meant as a joke making the cast of the kongs in line with SF characters. Not really meant to be taken seriously. Didn’t mean to say that Chun-li wasn’t important or anything. Obviously she is as she’s in the most crossovers aside from Ryu. I just thought the whole comparison to the DK Crew was rather comical is all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom