• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Well, we have an update on E3:

I wish this was a joke...
You know, if this is the case, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo just does its own thing, maybe even in May or July.

I'm more curious about what E3 will become in the long term, because if Microsoft starts skipping E3 too, we'll just have companies like Ubisoft, EA and Bethesda in there... plus Square Enix lol.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
With my weird work schedule, Nintendo directs were the only part of E3 I could ever watch live anways. I always just looked up any Sony/Microsoft/third party news from E3 after weekend shift or monday night work.

So yeah, E3 being behind a paywall doesn't really screw with me at all (if this isn't actually an April Fools prank that is).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Also anyone else reading all of these posts in Dragon Ball character voices?
If Piccolo was real, it would be funny if he was reading this and someone wrote these words and he read them, those words being "The balls are inert.".

cashregister9

Smash Hero
View attachment 309563
"You mean we got worked up about paying for advertisments for nothing?!"
If you allow me to put on my conspiracy hat. it might be an example of

"We actually announced something controversial but it got backlash so we can hide behind the guise of April Fools"

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Let this be a lesson to everyone to never listen to Nibel
Guy is literally just spreading what someone else is reporting, of which the original report was posted here anyway, which included the word "could" lmao

Some of y'all really gotta try this reading thing out, it works wonders

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
You know I wonder about some of the Insiders who's sources say that they heard about Ryu. Was it actually leakbait, or maybe it was actually confused for Warriors Orochi Ultimate.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
You know I wonder about some of the Insiders who's sources say that they heard about Ryu. Was it actually leakbait, or maybe it was actually confused for Warriors Orochi Ultimate.
So PapaGenos communicated with IAmShifty (a Ryu leaker) awhile back, and he at least said that confusion was unlikely because he claimed his sources came directly from Nintendo. He said it didn't make sense for his sources to confuse the Ryu leak with a game that Nintendo had no involvement with. We also have to remember that it's not even called SSB Ultimate in Japan but SSB Special.

Vergeben also told us that Smash discussions between KT and Nintendo DID happen, but he was unclear about what exactly was covered.

It's hard to know what happened for certain of course, but at this point I think it's likely that these discussions with KT simply had to do with Hyrule Warriors/Persona Striker Spirits and/or Byleth since they were directly involved in making FETH...

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
It was specifically for Smash Ultimate it was said.

I will say that keep in mind that along with the Fatal Frame Assist Trophy, there was also the spirit events that needed to be negotiated, along with Koei helping with Byleth's trailer. There may have been actual discussion with Ryu, but it may have fell through somehow, but it also could have just been leakbait and Ryu was never seriously considered

Edit: they may also be currently discussing for whatever the Future of Smash lead us, and maybe discussing Ryu being in a future game, but there still no plans for Smash Ultimate

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So..... in keeping with the theme of today, what Dragon Ball games did y'all grow up with?

My favorite classic games were DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and Bukokai 3.

And my favorite modern game was DB Xenoverse 2.

I was a Tenkaichi 3 guy. If that roster was updated with Super characters and a few Heroes characters that would easily be the best Dragon Ball game roster.

also the Budokai 3 opening is one of my favorite game openings of all time and the lyric version just enhances it

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Is Super Mario 35 not down? I can still play it, even do matches with other people.

(also desk reveal)
I tried it just now and it gave me a error message saying service concluded.

Even when I went to practice mode.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Due to today's AF (heh eh) prank, i want to remind you all that over a hundred (maybe over a thousand) people in Mexico gathered to watch the last 2 Super Episodes Live, Sponsored by the Mexican Goverment and was watched in Teathers and Plazas, and despite the Japanese Govement and Toei told them NOT to do it, they did it anyway. It was advetsied like an actual event, im not kidding.

No matter how much of a DBZ fan you think you are, the average mexican has beat you to the punch.

So..... in keeping with the theme of today, what Dragon Ball games did y'all grow up with?
Im more of a OG DB guy, so the game i have the most attachment towards is Advance Adventure, a sidscrolling beat em up platformer. You could play as Goku, Krilling, Yamcha, Bear Bandit, Pilaf's Robot, and..........basically anyone except maybe Bulma i guess.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team

And my favorite modern game was DB Xenoverse 2.

The first DBZ game I had was the original Budokai on PS2 when I was 7. The thing is I wasn't a DBZ fan at all at that time. This brings back memories of me buying games from franchises that I had no connection with which had mixed results. Anyway I had some fun with the game but especially back then I sucked at fighting games so I didn't unlock much.

When I got into DBZ at around 12 years old, I got the Budokai HD collection, Raging Blast 2, and and Tenkaichi 3. Out of all those I enjoyed Tenkaichi 3 the most because it had huge characters and characters that you would not expect to be there. It was pretty much the definitive DBZ game when it came to the roster, even if a good amount of characters felt copy and pasted. I also just remembered that I got Extreme Butoden on the 3DS which is a decent game in its own right.

Then later on I got the Xenoverse games which were great fun and in the last year or so I got FighterZ but I haven't played much of it. Finally, I recently picked up Ultimate Battle 22 on the PS1......it's ok.

SKX31

Smash Master

The first Budokai was a noticeable part of my years spent playing GCN games. Around the time the manga volumes were releasing around here (and I did get all the Dragon Ball volumes up until the Cell saga, not sure why I nor my brother didn't get the Buu volumes since 12-13 year old me didn't really think about that), so there was some level of hype surrounding the Dragon Ball franchise amongst my friend group.

Like most fighting games any of my friend group got our hands on (Melee, Shrek Super Slam etc.) we pretty much went casual and all-out aggressive. I didn't fully get the system of attack chains leading up to supers that Budokai 1 used (and which 2 and 3 would drop). but that didn't stop me from mashing. And because we were 12-13 year olds, none of us could completely resist coming up with silly nicknames for the characters. Like Frieza became "Electrolux".

Also, as part of SSBWiki's April Fools, the honorary DBZ characters:

:4pacman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom