• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Hey guys, my dad works at Nintendo overseas; and he told me that there's gonna be a 3rd Fighters Pass, this time consisting solely of Dragon Ball characters. Now, here they are:

1. Son Goku
  2. Kid Goku
  3. Great Ape Goku (but scaled down greatly)
  4. Live Action Movie Goku

:4pacman:

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
By the way, in terms of other platform fighter news, don’t forget that the Rivals of Aether direct begins at 10 AM PST, which is less than 8 minutes from now!

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Here a theory of why we didn’t get a smash spirit/tourney event this week:

Apparently by next thursday, they will announce a big update to NSO system that would explain why Mario 3DAll Stars was a limited release. That update is that in the future we can purchase N64 and NGC games individually with the same features as Mario 64/Sunshine ports (4:3 720p resolution for N64 games and 16:9 1080p resolution for NGC games). Some of these ganes will feature online functions (like NES/SNES NSO games).

Among the list of games that Nintendo will announce, there will be Smash 64 and Melee. So, Smash Bros Twitter will make a tweet about them and how they are happy that newer Nintendo fans can discovered that games with new functions.
This would make a lot of sense........so it's unlikely to be done because it's Nintendo.

"If Anakin is present on any stage with sand terrain, such as Tortimer Island, he will gradually take damage"

This is pure gold right here. Not gonna lie a Lego Star Wars character would delight me as that game is the first game I've ever played.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here a theory of why we didn’t get a smash spirit/tourney event this week:

Apparently by next thursday, they will announce a big update to NSO system that would explain why Mario 3DAll Stars was a limited release. That update is that in the future we can purchase N64 and NGC games individually with the same features as Mario 64/Sunshine ports (4:3 720p resolution for N64 games and 16:9 1080p resolution for NGC games). Some of these ganes will feature online functions (like NES/SNES NSO games).

Among the list of games that Nintendo will announce, there will be Smash 64 and Melee. So, Smash Bros Twitter will make a tweet about them and how they are happy that newer Nintendo fans can discovered that games with new functions.
Who and where did you hear this from?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
On the topic of 4th party, I would absolutely love Finn The Human and Steven Universe. I wouldn't lose hope in humanity if Goku got in because I'm very connected to the character.
Spinel is my secret most wanted, if by some miracle Steven Universe got any representation, I'd be satisfied.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So my Avatar says Goku Black, but what will I be shown as?

Also, the only acceptable 4th party is Scrooge McDuck. Because not only do we get an awesome character, but we get a ton of awesome music too.

Edit: Huh. I didn't change compared to Hinata.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Edit: Huh. I didn't change compared to Hinata.
I think avatars just change if you're a premium user, a mod, or an admin - my avatar shows Android 16, but when I post, it's Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Okay, we get a Wayforward rep, but it's one of these:
Reminds me of when the RoA devs teased Lovers of Aether on april fools, after months of joking around about a dating sim on twitter... and then the game actually released that day on Steam. For free.

That might have been one of the biggest "taking the joke too far" moments I've seen in my life.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think avatars just change if you're a premium user, a mod, or an admin - my avatar shows Android 16, but when I post, it's Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta.
Ah, that's possible.

Although I'm surprised by the diversity of avatars of people viewing the topic. Sure, there are a few copies, but there are also quite a bunch that don't share one with another.

Last edited:

andree123

Smash Ace
YOOOOOOOO!

Euden is joining in smash baby, he fills in two empty slots in the fighter spirit list because he is a 2-in-1 fighter like Pyra and Mythra.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
yo Super Luigi galaxy 3 was revealed

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112