• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy's position on Tier List 2.0

Player-1

Smash Legend
SS Tier
Meta Knight 15.00

S Tier
Snake 13.91

A Tier
Falco 13.03
King Dedede 12.94
Mr. Game & Watch 12.50
Marth 12.09
Diddy Kong 11.94

B Tier
Wario 11.47
R.O.B. 11.38
Lucario 10.94
Olimar 10.94

C Tier
Pikachu 10.34
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06
Ice Climbers 9.59

D Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88
Toon Link 8.47
Pit 8.44
Peach 8.16
Wolf 7.91

E Tier
Luigi 7.41
Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66
Sheik 6.44
Ike 5.91

F Tier
Mario 4.56
Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50
Samus 4.41
Sonic 4.16
Pokémon Trainer 3.94
Yoshi 3.66

G Tier
Link 2.28
Jigglypuff 2.03
Ganondorf 1.88
Captain Falcon 1.63

Bottom of the A tier =)

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
you look at this tier list a first time and you think its good, then you really look at it and its like WTF

Diddy better than ROB?
Donkey and pika better than ICs?

As if!

DFEAR

Smash Hero
you look at this tier list a first time and you think its good, then you really look at it and its like WTF

Diddy better than ROB?
Donkey and pika better than ICs?

As if!
yea agreed i would def argue that if i could. like seriously IC chaingrab > everybody ;_; *cries*.

but im happy for diddy =3 but wished he was in B tier for well the ****s and giggles xD

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
the things that are right are mk snake falco d3, pretty much the rest of the list is debatable. Not saying that its that bad of a list thats just where this game is at right now.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
where are all the people that cried about diddy should stay where he was behind wario, donkey and lucario now? hmmmmm
HERE I AM!!! lol i never said that so that doesn't apply 2 me. drats i wanted that spot on the tier list for wario...wanna trade?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Diddy could have easily been higher.
At the very least, the gap between Diddy and Marth is quite small.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
That may be so, but Marth is clearly the superior character as of now. He has better matchups and consistently does better tourneys (I refuse to look at Ankoku's new tourney rankings with any credibility until more results are added).

ADHD

Smash Hero
That may be so, but Marth is clearly the superior character as of now. He has better matchups and consistently does better tourneys (I refuse to look at Ankoku's new tourney rankings with any credibility until more results are added).
His recovery sucks. Metaknight, meet marf. I don't know what you're talking about, the top diddys place better than marths, HELL, I haven't been outplaced by a marth and I haven't gone to much tourneys at all.

ADHD

Smash Hero
LOL, I fought my *** off to keep Diddy out of Top 5. And Bengals is correct.
He won't be used that much, because he's hard to use in competitively. Even if he places really well people will still be flocking to metaknight.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
We just want to keep the secret of Diddy to ourselves.

I believe he deserves that spot, but I don't know if I want it that high, and I think many more people will try him just because he moved up to high tier.

I also agree with Chrome that he does have a learning curve to him past spamming bananas

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
Diddy should be lower IMO Ya he deserved to be moved up from last time, but not that much. The list is supposed to be accurate. Its annoying to see the character I feel I know the best put somewhere I feel he doesnt belong. Does anyone remember the "Where would you rank diddy thread" I made a few days ago?Most of the diddy mains had him lower than this. And now we think its cool he was placed somewhere else? Its annoying.

Mattmiston

Smash Apprentice
I still think Marth > Diddy, just because some of our matchups (looking at you, spacies/rob/other guys with projectiles) are quite bad or bad, while Marth has a slight advantage on a majority of the cast. Marth is just more well rounded IMO, and that'll keep Diddy down for now...

and i don't really want my main to be a top dude of course

Count

Smash Champion
I think diddy will stay where he is, maybe go up a bit more..then people will realize some of his weaknesses and he will drop to 8th or 9th and permanently stay there. Just my opinion.

M@v

Subarashii!
Why is Diddy in top tier? He should be in B, not A. hes not as good as R.O.B and Wario. Please dont tell me this is just because he does good vs MK.

disclaimer: Dont get me wrong. I know diddy is a good and solid character. I just dont think hes as good as the top dogs (DDD Falco etc.)

Pegachris

Smash Apprentice
Why is Diddy in top tier? He should be in B, not A. hes not as good as R.O.B and Wario. Please dont tell me this is just because he does good vs MK.

disclaimer: Dont get me wrong. I know diddy is a good and solid character. I just dont think hes as good as the top dogs (DDD Falco etc.)
don't hate :laugh:

Luigi player

Smash Master
Why is Diddy that low I wonder.

He has an advantage against King Dedede and Mr. Game and Watch. He should be above them. Not sure about Marth.

TKD

Smash Lord

D3's not very good. He only beats Snake and Wario, out of everyone that matters (which I hear is stage dependant).

D3 doesn't beat gaw, falco, olimar, mk, diddy...you can even count characters less good like marth, ic, fox, pit, etc etc

I don't like D3 much, he disbalances the game a bit. Imagine Snake and Wario being even better. Snake would be as strong MK, while Wario's only bad matchup would be Yoshi (which isn't that bad). He even sets back R.O.B..

To me, the only "top dogs" are MK, Snake and Falco. Wario's close too (but not there because of guess who). Maybe even Olimar as well.

istudying

Smash Lord

I am glad that Diddy is Top tier now.
Diddy has advantage with Bananas and can combo from 0 to death.
he camp with Bananas on Wario and R.O.B so what they did in the Tier list is good.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Why is Diddy that low I wonder.

He has an advantage against King Dedede and Mr. Game and Watch. He should be above them. Not sure about Marth.
You can have an advantage against characters above you in your matchups and still be below them in tiers; remember, people don't only play characters above point X, and as such, matchups below that point count. Most good players have secondaries as well, which further dampens the effects of beating character X.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
He won't be used that much, because he's hard to use in competitively. Even if he places really well people will still be flocking to metaknight.
Diddy is actually easier to use than most other characters.... Try to use Sonic, or Captain Falcon. Then you'll know what "hard to use" really means.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Diddy is actually easier to use than most other characters.... Try to use Sonic, or Captain Falcon. Then you'll know what "hard to use" really means.
Lmao. Diddy is harder to use than captain falcon in the sense that he's way more technical and there's way more thinking involved. Why would a rob player have a grudge against diddy anyway? chimps counter robots ;)

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
Lmao. Diddy is harder to use than captain falcon in the sense that he's way more technical and there's way more thinking involved. Why would a rob player have a grudge against diddy anyway? chimps counter robots ;)
Captain Falcon or Sonic doesn't require thinking?
I actually think that Falcon and Sonic both needs more thinking that Diddy due to all the mindgames they must play to overcome their weakness.

And yeah, R.O.B. is pretty easy to use as well. XD

DUB

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon or Sonic doesn't require thinking?
I actually think that Falcon and Sonic both needs more thinking that Diddy due to all the mindgames they must play to overcome their weakness.

And yeah, R.O.B. is pretty easy to use as well. XD
Saying they need more mindgames then other characters isn't a very valid argument at all....

Somebody actually made a thread about secondarys and the learning curves they had. IIRC, Sheik, Sonic, and Diddy were all up there.

Top Bottom