• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did anyone else choose their main for silly reasons?

Denzi

Smash Master
I chose Falco cause I used him in Melee (terribly) and when I saw his update on the Dojo, 1. Thousand Slash was a cool attack name and 2. I thought the blue lasers looked cool :)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I saw Meta Knight in the trailer.
Then I went:
"Oh my god.... I'm maining him"
And I kept that.
I bet all of you hate me now.
I didn't care no matter what happened to MK, top tier, bottom tier at that point. I just mained him because he was there.

Lizard

Smash Ace
Ness because he is from one of my favorite childhood games....

That and his play style is fun to mess with

DemonFart

Smash Lord
come on guys..pokeymanz
I picked up :pt: just to remember the good old phase of red/blue days.he is also a joy to use.
I picked :wario: cuz he has a motorcycle and kills by farting,nuff said.

:034:

LegendOfZelda

Smash Apprentice
In SSB64, the first time I played, I played with Yoshi. He remains my best character and I will challenge any other person with him. I do/did play everyone in 64 though, I need to go to more 64 tourneys really, see if I can get my name out there? Even though it's sooooooooo late.

In Melee, I could almost never pick a main, it changed every week. I would go onto youtube, find some smash videos, find someone who was awesome, then try to main that character. First was Ken, so I mained Marth. Then Aniki, so I would main Link. Then I found super wave dashing and tried Samus. Then I found out, hell, fox and falco are pretty good, so I have them in the reserve, but I've basically mained Falcon, 1. He's awesome. 2. Combos are hella fun. 3. He's awesome. 4. FALCON PUNCH!!!! 5. FALCON KICK!!!! 6. He's awesome. 'nuff said.

Brawl, I picked Zero Suit Samus and kept Marth in reserve. I got some Toon Link going on in my backups too. Zero Suit is just really awesome. She's fast, has some good "combo" potential, if you will... Marth is still really good, so I kept him since he's fun to play. And Toon Link is awesome, although he replaced young link which was one of my favorite "fun" characters to play in Melee since he had almost no kill moves. Trying Falcon too, he's harder to play, but still is Awesome. duh.

RawrZ

Smash Rookie
pikachu has awesome goggles... and does barrel rolls! (dtaunt for dodge!)
lucario sets everything on aura. flaming blue stuff everywhere!!!
kirby is a fierce floating death balloon with hammer and sword. "HIIIII!"
zelda/sheik, this girl's into cosplay.
captain falcon.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Zelda IS a viable character now. I think she's quite good in Brawl. I'm starting to use her much more often now.
Sorta, kinda... eh, the problem is that people know how to fight her, and when someone knows how to fight a somewhat mediocre character... well...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I chose D3 because he's one of my favorite Nintendo villains and I've been wanting to play as him since the old days of Kirby. Wasn't satisfied with his role in Kirby 64.

I chose R.O.B. because he was weird and I liked the idea of him in smash. He's also a character in the game "Gyromite", which I received a long time ago...

BombermanFanatic

Smash Cadet
I mained Marth because I wanted a swordsman character that only used a sword. No bombs or arrows.

I picked up Wario just because of the fart. IRL I'm known for my ability to easily produce a flatus that reads a significant number of decibles, and my character should reflect that.

Lizard

Smash Ace
DK As a secondary because his aerial combos were majorly beefed...... and by that i mean Bair, Bair, Bair

Ange

Smash Lord
It could be considered I secondary/pseudo-main Pika and Fox, so;

I stayed with Pikachu because I mained him in Melee. Now, the reasons why I chose him in Melee was probably cause I like Pokemon.

I mainly picked up Fox cause I got interested in the Starfox franchise, but I liked him in Melee aswell.

I basically have roots from Melee, excluding Marth cause I didnt use him there. P:

Kilrain

Smash Rookie
I just played random for a month or two until i figured out which characters I was best at/enjoyed playing the most. This turned out to be the Kongs.

If I'd picked the characters who have historically been my faves I'd be rolling Ganondorf/Ness and I'd have killed myself by now.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
This, for serious. I am a high (not top) tier *****, lol
Toptierqueers are no queers.

I prefer playing against some who plays to win over playing someone who plays to have an exuse when he losses anyday.

Using a lowtier just to feel mighty and great sucks.

Toptierqueers > Lowtierqueers.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
In SSB64 I mained as Fox because I like him for obvious reasons and in SSBMelee I was so happy that Peach was in because she is my fav Mario character and I always wondered how she can fight in a beautiful gown while the others are in clothing fit for fighting and I still chose Fox as my second main in Melee because he looks so better thanks to the graphics.

In Brawl I still mained Peach because I like how they gave her a few different moves that are heart based magic attacks. As for Fox he is my second main due to his new look and not to mention his tight *** but when Wolf was a secret character I went crazy for him he is my third main because Wolf is hot and I like his claws.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Toptierqueers are no queers.

I prefer playing against some who plays to win over playing someone who plays to have an exuse when he losses anyday.

Using a lowtier just to feel mighty and great sucks.

Toptierqueers > Lowtierqueers.

yet you use sonic?

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
I chose to main Pikachu to ANNOY THE CRAP OUT OF MY FRIENDS!!!

I'm kidding...seriously (oxymoron :p). This may sound a little weird, but I kinda had a Pikachu obsession as a kid. Explains my reasoning for maining him.

The Falconator

Smash Cadet
Captain Falcon has been my staple for all three games. I'm proud of that, mostly because most people would get sick of him after all the time playing. Not me, Captain Falcon rules beyond belief.

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
I picked GW because I played him in Melee and he sucked. So I hoped that he'd be better in Brawl (mewtwo was out and lucario's evil so i didn't play as him) and whaddaya know, I was right. Everyone I played said GW sucked and then I crushed their abysmal psyches into oblivion with a turtle and a bucket.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I use DeDeDe because well... Hes a giant fat penguin wielding a mallet, Whats cooler than that?

Also because hes broken.

Felixphaeton

Smash Rookie
Marth because he's a fast sword user.

Yeap.

I used to like Roy, cause of his golden armor, but then i moved to marth cause white looks cooler than Roy's armor. And because Marth is faster. :p

|RK|

Smash Marketer
He replaced Mewtwo. That is evil incarnate. He obviously influenced Sakurai to get rid of Mewtwo for himself anyway.

Mewtwo will be dearly missed.

Yeah, Mewtwo should come back. And there should be a scene of him and Lucario fighting together so Lucarios and Mewtwos will get along.

Top Bottom