• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did anyone else choose their main for silly reasons?

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I almost always choose to play as a wizard whenever I have a choice like that in a game. Zelda seems to be the closest to that persona in Brawl, so I picked her. Also, I love Zelda games lolol.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Well, I chose Ness because he has the black shirt and the purple cap, does that count? XD

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
I picked up DDD because i think he looks cute :O (emberassed) and he's actually a very silly, but awesome character. Some goes for Luigi except for the cuteness. He's more manly :p cough moustache!

Sanu

Smash Champion
I chose my main (Melee) as Falco because my friend asked me how to do that laser thing people do in videos <_<, this was before I played competitive smash at all too. Well, I found out how... and he's just stuck as my main ever since XD, Brawl too.

POKE40

Smash Lord
I picked G&W cause he's 2d
and I thought he sucked...i was totally wrong.

I used to main D3
since I thought he sucked too...i was definitely wrong

I always disliked ike though :p
Since everyone thought he was 'great' near the release of brawl

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I chose my melee main (IC's) because I wanted to beat a fox player named KFC in tournament.

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
I actually chose Wario because whenever my cousin and I would play Mario games, he'd always play Wario and pwn me. As soon as Wario was introduced as a Brawl character, I knew I HAD to own my cousin in Brawl....as Wario.

So, I did in fact beat my cousin as Wario, but when I compared him to most of the heavies, I knew he was one of the best. He's faster than most of the heavies, his moveset is purely WTF, and he's Wario. The only thing I didn't like about Wario is that Nintendo failed to use his original voice actor.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
WarioWare may just be my favorite game series of all time. I've spent WAY too much time playing the original GBA game, not to mention all the others.

It wasn't until about half a year ago that I met my goal of getting a high score of at least 100 on every single microgame genre in the GBA one. I'm convinced that I am sitting on some world records.

(I have a short attention span.)

When I saw WarioWare costume'd Wario in the first trailer, I told myself I'd main him no matter how good or bad he was. Thankfully, he's quite tournament-viable.

EDIT: Post count of 1990; my birth year.

Energy Whip

Smash Cadet
I only used Peach to get attention and show how girls could kick there butts at battling and fighting and I showed them.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
G&W because of the puns!

He has the KEY to victory, he will make you kick the BUCKET and show you that he is NUMBER 1 when it comes to bringing home the BACON!
(Dair, Down B, Utilt and neutral B as examples there :p)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I picked my main because I was told he's the best in the game and I'm sure the person that told me is not a liar. :(

AndreVeloso

Smash Apprentice
I'm a Peach main because everyone I knew (Casual Smashers) thought she was the worst in the game. So I practiced her just to be better with her. I then found out I really like her low-lag playing style and have played with her ever since.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I play jiggly because she's like me. Small, cute, and doesn't do a lot of damage when she hits, but over time she'll kill you. :D

Top Bottom