• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Woah.

Times like this make me regret not talking as much as I could be to the Texas scene.

And somewhere in Austin, Phantom X and Hylian laugh at the above statement.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What? Espy being quiet?

DPhat, mad props man.
Like I said awhile back, you guys should've seen me before I met Hylian.
K Prime status.

And I never said it in my last post, so yeah, great **** Dphat.
I forgot you share my name...;;

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Damien: The first person I met in the scene. I know I haven't been the nicest person to you and well I'm sorry. I don't know why you dealt with my bull crap for so long and especially all the mean stuff I said abot Elise, even if I don't mean it I had no right to say that stuff out loud and in your face and I hope you and Elise are doing well. I think we could of been good friends but I guess my ego/attitude prevented that. I hope we still stay in contact after I leave the community I really did enjoy talking about poker with you and I do hope we can hang out more outside of smash.

And for everyone else I didn't mention I'll like to say sorry if I was ever rude, mean, or ever said anything that belittled or made you feel akward. I hope in due time everyone can forgive me and that I hope if I do return to the scene I can start off fresh. I hope everyone comes to Phase as I would like to say sorry to everyone in person.

I really don't want to leave the scene but I believe it would not only be my best interest but also the community. I hope everyone is still around when/if I come back.
Damien got even with you the day he porked his g/f in both your shower and your bed.

Infinity got even with you that same period of time by ****ting on your floor and cleaning it up with a towel and then lecturing you about friendship :)

On a serious note though, you can be a bit obnoxious at times, but you've really only been a noticeable douche to the newbies from Dallas. Still, you do a lot for the community by driving people and housing people, and, in the end, taking that away would do more harm than good.

Quitting altogether is escapism, avoiding the problem. Now that you've already manned up and accepted there IS a problem (the first step towards fixing a problem), you need to reform yourself if you truly care to improve as a person, rather than running away (as hard as that may be for you to NOT do, b/c we all know you love running).

Esca

Smash Champion
Andy, it's truly amazing that you had the integrity and confidence to post that. It takes alot of balls to realize that you've screwed up. However, I really don't feel like you've been a horrible person. To me, you've been a great friend and even a greater person. You have greatly improved in this game and it's somewhat inspiring to most players that aren't quite there yet. I hope you stay around but I wouldn't blame you if you left. Sometimes Smash needs to be on the side burner for more important priorities.

EDIT1: And if you leave, who the hell am I gonna get stuck at Whataburger with for 6 hours?

EDIT2:

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Ya honestly, you got peeps posting from other states cause we don't wanna see you go. And dude, I really think you're being a bit self-deprecating right now is all. I don't think anyone here ever considered you to be a mean dude or at least I thought it was kind of a facade.

Not even Christine's mad at you. She just facebooked you.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Phase 6: Teams Edition
Brawl & Melee

Quick Info
Thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263756

When?
February 20th, 2010

Where?
Phase 2 Clubhouse at Waterview Apartments on the University of Texas at Dallas Campus
2200 Waterview Parkway, Richardson, TX 75080
Click here for a campus map.​

What is Teams Edition?
This tournament is going to have a huge focus on Brawl Doubles as the primary/main event, similar to what Centex did. Attendees should prepare themselves for the most intense challenge of teamwork that they will ever experience.

Major Changes
  • Brawl Doubles entry fee has been changed from $5 to $10.
  • There will be a bonus pot of $50 for 1st place in Brawl Doubles, $25 for 2nd, and $10 for 3rd.

What are Achievements?
One thing you'll notice is something new called "Achievements." If your team can accomplish 1 or more of these achievements, then your team will receive a $5 cash prize (you cannot receive multiple prizes even if your team completes multiple achievements). At the end of the tournament, the team that has completed the most achievements will receive a special prize (to be announced).

Example Achievements
  • Beat a team without your team losing a stock the entire set (2/3 games).
  • Heal your teammate more than 400% in one game (show me the stats screen).
  • Win a set (2/3 games) as double Ganon.
  • Save your teammate with footstool twice in one game (replay required).
  • Come back from a 2v1 situation and win when the opposing team has 4 or more combined stocks (replay required).
  • Win a game with a combined total of 100 team attacks (show me the stats screen).
  • Win a game with your girlfriend with 3 or more stocks remaining (show me the stats screen).

Oh... and there's a good chance there will be Free Pizza!

:smash:

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
And for everyone else I didn't mention I'll like to say sorry if I was ever rude, mean, or ever said anything that belittled or made you feel akward. I hope in due time everyone can forgive me and that I hope if I do return to the scene I can start off fresh. I hope everyone comes to Phase as I would like to say sorry to everyone in person.

I really don't want to leave the scene but I believe it would not only be my best interest but also the community. I hope everyone is still around when/if I come back.
Andy,

Every time I see you I see improvement of some kind. You shouldn't leave, just continue working toward being a better person. When you're in a good mood you're a ton of fun to hang out with dude. Maybe instead of quitting you could just take it easy for a while. Stick to local tournaments and just relax and have fun. You've ingrained yourself in to the Dallas community and we wouldn't be the same without you dude.

Infinity got even with you that same period of time by ****ting on your floor and cleaning it up with a towel and then lecturing you about friendship :)
o.O

Never did and never would do anything like this dude :(

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@Andy's super long post:

I know I've said time and again that you just aren't at my level in teams... but in all honesty it just ins't true. There's something about you in teams that I fear a lot. I don't let it show (obviously) but it's there. You read me so hard, I don't get it. It's like you play a totally different game against me in doubles, and you're really good at it to. You seem to always know how to follow something up. You have an eye for teams. Your easily one of the best, most flexible teams players in the state. Anyway, apology accepted =)

Oh and sorry about what happened to your car this weekend. That really sucks =(

@Jinx:

Yeah, sure, that counts lol

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
I don't plan on quitting (especially since I already pre-reg for nk3 lol) but I think it would be best for me to leave the scene just for a short while. People in the smash community aren't the only people I've wronged. I've lost alot of friends since I started playing competitively and I think I need a break. Hanging out with a new crowd you tend to forgot those you used to hang out with. I believe this break will not only do me good but also the Dallas Smash scene. I do hope to stay in contact with everyone, but don't expect to see me too often (well for atleast a month or two lol).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Naw man the Saints were brilliant. Onside kick to start the half? Cmon, NOBODY expected that lol.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
saints are gay, colts should have won, even tho i am a chargers fan >.>
U mad just 'cuz the Colts don't have the best QB in the league.

We proved that Payton Manning is no god. We have Drew BRESSUS.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Can I take one of those apologies Andy? And return it with of my own? I support what you are doing btw. Like everyone else said, don't quit.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
U mad just 'cuz the Colts don't have the best QB in the league.

We proved that Payton Manning is no god. We have Drew BRESSUS.

lol wow, Payton Manning really?? maybe Peyton Manning(and you call yourself a football fan:laugh:)Who is the best quaterback in the league by a long shot. Drew still has quite a ways to go before even flirting with that status.

Kates893

Smash Apprentice
KATE893, I'm glad you opened up to everyone into the smash scene. I don't think anyone would of realized how cool you were if you didn't. I'm sorry if you felt like I was indifferent about you when you first came into the scene. I guess I'm just that way. I'm sorry. I hope you and Lee are still together cause yall are really something, and I mean that in a good way. Thanks for driving/hosting/well to be frank, for everything you've done for the community and for me. I hope we can still keep in contact as you've easily became one of my favorite smashers.

Dphat, I'm so glad you included me in this:) You really don't need to apologize to me, its true when I first entered the scene I thought you didn't like me but I also thought melee1 was the only person who liked me. You're a great person, everyone has their faults but thats what make you well you. Don't leave the community TOO long it just won't be the same without you. If you ever need someone to talk to know that I'm always here.:) BTW you're prob one of my favorite smashers too i'll always remember Dsexy

xoxo
KATES 893

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Tyson is super crafty. Seriously, he got me pretty good at Phase lol.

"Wait a second, IT'S GOTTA BE ICE!"

"No no, this has gotta be Dojo"

*turns around* ****it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom