• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Not gonna lie, I'm hype for 3rd Birthday.

I have the Arc the Lad anime and have never watched it...won it at one of the San Antonio tournies an age ago.
I didnt know there was an anime, but you should try the games...and damn, san antonio has always been free >_>

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Agree.

You know what else is garbage? NES's Zelda. Now b4 i get chewed out hear my reasoning. I'm aware it was super popular and revolutionary for it's time, but if you can look at the game without being a nostalgia ***, it has aged horribly. You get ****ted out on the worldmap and it doesn't tell you what to do or go, and u die retardly easy and increasing health it's so obscure in the game.. you bomb random **** to get heart containers? I was told the original came with a very helpful booklet that told u where to go so maybe if i had that i actually would of played past first dungeon.
I actually agree with you. They were awesome forever ago but it's really frustrating to try and play either FF1 or the original Zelda. Neither game really explains anything about what to do or where to go and you're left trying to figure out wtf to do.

On the other hand, all of the SNES Final Fantasy games and A Link to the Past are still ****ing amazing.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I never got into any of the Zelda games save Seasons and Ages. Seasons I beat and had everything if i remember right and I never finished ages....but those were some really good games. Wish I still had my gameboy color and copies of them, i dont really like emulating.

Denti

Smash Master
The original zelda is horrible, i can't play it lol

And i agree about the snes, it is basically the improved version of nes, like an upgrade.

I just played and beat the adventure of Lolo for the nes, it was really fun. good puzzle

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
yeah link to the past is still legit as hell i even got the port on my gba.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
My favorite was Zelda : A Link to the past.

Easily my favorite game of the Zelda/Link series.

Obviously the first Zelda game was garbage, just like FF1.

The NES had some damn good games, like Contra, Bionic Commando, Bad Dudes and more.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
dakpos top 5 video games

1. brawl (wtf?)
2.DDR
3.PSO
4.Pokemon blue
5. Paper mario

Discuss.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I got to level 120 or so and got that customizable super rare sword. My bro got to level 180 and got BSO'd, bahahaha.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I always found Rangers too easy. Plus I love twin swords too much. :)

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Mech guns and snipes for the win! LMAO ITEM DUPE FOR THE WIN

ahhh good time : ))))
I got the gayest color badge ever....purplmum

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
to be honest, not quite getting the reaction i expected publishing this list.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Chris I actually managed to get my hands on the darth maul dual saber. It was ****ing legit. It just wasnt strong on ultimate diffculty.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Chris I actually managed to get my hands on the darth maul dual saber. It was ****ing legit. It just wasnt strong on ultimate diffculty.
LE-FREAKING-GIT.

I played online one time with these Japanese players one time. They spoke literally not a word of English the whole time, but it didn't matter because we just *****. After we took out the final boss on Ultimate (don't even remember now, hahaha), one of the guys walked up to me and said "GIFT" and dropped the strongest sword in the game. Can't remember what it was called, but it could only attack one time for ridiculous damage.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
lol for sure! Im not sure how far i got...i hated how there are lots of red boxes, even though they arent really rares.. gets my hope up every time

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
What? Link's Awakening is awesome! Much better than Minish Crap. :) Can't wait for Skyward Sword though. I hope it's good
I like Link's Awakening, but I like Minish Cap better. =P Though Ballad of the Windfish is one of my favs in Link's Awakening. =)

Agree.

You know what else is garbage? NES's Zelda. Now b4 i get chewed out hear my reasoning. I'm aware it was super popular and revolutionary for it's time, but if you can look at the game without being a nostalgia ***, it has aged horribly. You get ****ted out on the worldmap and it doesn't tell you what to do or go, and u die retardly easy and increasing health it's so obscure in the game.. you bomb random **** to get heart containers? I was told the original came with a very helpful booklet that told u where to go so maybe if i had that i actually would of played past first dungeon.
That's the beauty of the challenge. Actually, I believe you can go to just about any dungeon in any order in that game. I felt the same way the first time playing that game.

I actually agree with you. They were awesome forever ago but it's really frustrating to try and play either FF1 or the original Zelda. Neither game really explains anything about what to do or where to go and you're left trying to figure out wtf to do.

On the other hand, all of the SNES Final Fantasy games and A Link to the Past are still ****ing amazing.
A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda. It should be remade into 3-D Zelda.

I never got into any of the Zelda games save Seasons and Ages. Seasons I beat and had everything if i remember right and I never finished ages....but those were some really good games. Wish I still had my gameboy color and copies of them, i dont really like emulating.
I played through Seasons and Ages, also using the codes gained from finishing one game to continue the story onto the next game. I finished Seasons first.

The original zelda is horrible, i can't play it lol

And i agree about the snes, it is basically the improved version of nes, like an upgrade.

I just played and beat the adventure of Lolo for the nes, it was really fun. good puzzle
Well, I enjoy playing the original LoZ. =)

yeah link to the past is still legit as hell i even got the port on my gba.
I should play that game again. It literally has the best items in any Zelda in A Link to the Past.

My favorite was Zelda : A Link to the past.

Easily my favorite game of the Zelda/Link series.

Obviously the first Zelda game was garbage, just like FF1.

The NES had some damn good games, like Contra, Bionic Commando, Bad Dudes and more.
I'll be the first to say I enjoyed LoZ. You know Game Informer listed LoZ as the best game of all time? =P

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Who the fk is SHUN GOKU? Seriously.... Anyway. I remember picking up all kinds of rare ****. Sethlon you know how my luck is... Imagine in games where rares drop. i was getting red boxes all the time. I got those two greens and the two blue swords. I the gods fist. I cant even begin to name the other stuff lol. Great game though. DS game anything like it?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Nothing made me happier than seeing a red box drop from the body of slowly dying monster.

And then all four players rush to steal it.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
^ hahahahaha

wow the snow is crazy here, i took my poodles out in the back and one of them starting eating it lmao

i couldn't get event Suicune :( im going to have to trade an event raikou, entei or mew for it now

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
There's still time--Suicune event ends on the 6th.

How ironic that icy roads prevent people from getting Suicune.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Just got over Gnes infection and I see like 6 new pages.

You can't quite make the claim that a game is trash merely because it offers no information on where to go or what to do. If you say that, then you have no idea for mario either. You don't know the true intent of the game until you reach the end of the first castle, realizing you are trying to save a princess.

You can think of LoZ as the original sandbox game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom