• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratatat

Smash Apprentice
I stopped for a while, but i really wanna start playing this smash bros game again.
Any smashfests happening soon? or does anyoen just want to play a few i have no school this whole week.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Smashfest tomorrow, this Wed. from 6PM to whenever; overnight even.

3481 South Hills Ave. Fort Worth, TX 76119 Apt #2052
Upon entering, go to the right, around the corner going left, keep straight and park at the end (closed gates). My apartment lies in that area of the complex.

I'll have at least one setup, so please bring a full tv, wii, and brawl disk if you want to get another setup going.

Suggestions/Rules:
1. When doing singles or doubles, see if you can help players out through critiquing and constructive criticism <- (eh, this word too strong?). If you notice patterns your opponent does that gets him/her punished be sure to point that out, so they can learn from it and thus improve.

2. I had an idea in mind, inspired by Infinity, in which the winner/s will pass the stick/s and the losers of the match will keep playing. The idea behind this is so that the loser gets more experience and eventually figure out what they keep doing wrong, therefore helping the less skilled player improve quicker to reach the level of the better players. If the loser has played everyone in consecutive order, then the "Wobbles rule" will be instituted and the loser will pass the stick to the next player.

3. BYOC - obvious statement is obvious. There's should be no reason not have your own controller. If you forget yours, then kindly ask someone to borrow their controller, and remember, if you do this..... NO CONTROLLER JOHNS. NEXT TIME BYOC, NUB. lol

4. Stay in the living room. Bedroom will be closed and off limits. The bathroom and kitchen are open to the players, however.

5. Common Sense and Common Courtesy. Use it.

6. You don't have to follow rules 1-2 on your own setup.

For more info, visit http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271285 and look under ALSM's Understandable Johns.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Not for sleeping, haha.

I'm pretty sure all of these earthquakes that keep happening around the world are due to Fogo, Dphat, and Bassem snoring in sync, which causes the earth to vibrate, causing shifting of the various tectonic plates.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Not for sleeping, haha.

I'm pretty sure all of these earthquakes that keep happening around the world are due to Fogo, Dphat, and Bassem snoring in sync, which causes the earth to vibrate, causing shifting of the various tectonic plates.
You obviously haven't heard Batou snore. You can ask Zac, he probably knocks planets off of their orbits.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wow, I can't believe I forgot Greyfox. Man... smashers need to blow their noses before going to sleep or breathe through their mouths or something.

heytallman

CTALL
I don't snore, but I talk in my sleep all the **** time, and apparently I say some **** weird stuff.

It's probably worse than snoring because people who hear it laugh and then get more awake.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Yeah Fogo calm down. I think Dojo has enough enlisted help with his Pnes. But, yeah bro I'd be down to go S.A one more time.

iLight

Smash Lord
So, I'm not going to play brawl competitively anymore because I have starcraft2, it was good knowing you guys, fun times. I'll still come visit every now and then just to prove that I'm still alive

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Smashfest/ssf4 at Hotbox supposedly on Friday in Denton... Sorry Take, I was planning on coming, but i now have meetings on Fridays and Saturdays and I can't miss a meeting at the moment so maybe next time =\... Also, sorry Zac, I can't come to Phase early to help you run it, very important meeting I can't afford to miss. I will be showing up around 2 before singles starts and from then on I can give my assistance. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom